Believe me, been there, done that
    But everyday above ground is a great day, remember that
    --Pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Copelius View Post
    Why didn't I think of that?
    I was a letter of the law kind of guy
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

I volunteered to help inspect our mission's cars this morning during a mission conference. Overall, the cars were in good shape, although sisters' vehicles were invariably cleaner and in better shape than elders'. While inspecting a sisters' car, I turned on the radio and was amused to hear a CD of some rockin' instrumentals. The first one up was, appropriately enough, the theme from Mission Impossible. The CD was a violation of mission rules, but the sisters' secret remained safe with me. They got a full pass.

Quote Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
    I volunteered to help inspect our mission's cars this morning during a mission conference. Overall, the cars were in good shape, although sisters' vehicles were invariably cleaner and in better shape than elders'. While inspecting a sisters' car, I turned on the radio and was amused to hear a CD of some rockin' instrumentals. The first one up was, appropriately enough, the theme from Mission Impossible. The CD was a violation of mission rules, but the sisters' secret remained safe with me. They got a full pass.
    inspecting mission cars? wow, they are really putting you out to pasture, aren't they? i assume they are going to call you to work in the stake genealogy library soon or maybe lock the building up each night.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    inspecting mission cars? wow, they are really putting you out to pasture, aren't they? i assume they are going to call you to work in the stake genealogy library soon or maybe lock the building up each night.
    I volunteered. This kind of occasional assignment, along with my demanding calling of HP Group Secretary, keeps me way out in said pasture, where I am very content.

Quote Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
    It's called lobbying. First thing is volunteering to inspect cars, and the next thing you know... 24 months later your sending guys home in boxer shorts.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

http://www.sltrib.com/home/2686577-1...mtc-prompt-lds

Well, one of the creepy web-winged mammals recently awakened a "sister missionary," and now she and her roommates are undergoing "appropriate preventative treatment for rabies," LDS Church spokesman Eric Hawkins confirmed Wednesday.

In addition, just to be cautious, 600 other female LDS missionaries — housed in a once-vacant building on the south side of the MTC campus near Brigham Young University — have been moved to nearby areas so pest-control experts can address the bat infestation.
    Sister missionaries. I tell you...
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.