• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GSW could win this series I think.

Comment

• Originally posted by CardiacCoug View Post
      GSW could win this series I think.
      The longer GSW stays in the playoffs, the more we, as fans, win. Such a fun team to watch and Mark Jackson deserves a ton of credit for the job he is doing. Thompson, Ezeli, Green and Barnes all playing big and important minutes in playoff wins against very good teams. Jackson is like the anti-Corbin.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

• I'm not a big fan of either team,but the San Antonio/Golden State series is enormously entertaining. Warriors just reeled off 9 straight in about 45 secs.
        "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Left ankle sprain for Curry.

The thing I sometimes forget about these top NBA teams like Miami and San Antonio is that they're great on the road -- really doesn't make a whole lot of difference whether they are at home or on the road.

Comment

• I don't think Chicago will win another game. I feel the same way about the Spurs as Cardiac does. They play the same no matter the situation.

Chicago caught Miami off guard and rusty in Game 1, but you still just feel like the Heat can beat Chicago whenever they want. It was tied going in to the 4th and you just felt like Chicago wasn't going to get it done.
            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Popovich is a great coach and part of the reason for that is that the players respect him and don't mess with him.

I love the way he got in Tony Parker's face there and told him to play some defense, then benched him.

Comment

• Why would you have JJ take the last shot when you have Curry and Thompson on the same court
                I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Am I remembering correctly that Brooks played Fisher for the closing minutes of the 4th and then again in OT instead of Kevin Martin? I think the lineup that was on the court for most of those minutes was Perkins, Ibaka, Durant, Fisher, and Jackson.

On the night Fisher was 1-5 in 26 minutes, with 2 rebounds and a very costly turnover on the in-bounds pass. Martin was 6-12 in 26 minutes, 5-5 from the line for 18 points. Also had 5 rebounds. But I guess Brooks wanted to go with the leaderships/min advantage (I think credit goes to DH for that stat, can't remember for sure).

Comment

• Holy Doppelganger!

Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Phil Jackson is something.

https://twitter.com/PhilJackson11/st...54236151619584

Comment

• Originally posted by SandYFan View Post
                        Awesome.

"Nobody listens to Turtle."
                        -Turtle
                        sigpic

Comment

• So what does he put the 11th ring on?
                          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                            So what does he put the 11th ring on?
                            Gross.
                            "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Jeannie.
                              *Banned*

Comment

• In games 1 and 2 vs the Warriors Pop used a lot of different defenses. He had Tony Parker on Curry, Kawhi Leonard on Curry, Parker on Thompson, Green on Curry, Green on Thompson, Kawhi on Barnes, etc. It seemed like whatever combination he used didn't really matter the Warriors would have someone make shots.

In Game 3 he decided to stick with Kawhi on Thompson, Danny Green on Curry and let Parker try and guard Harrison Barnes with the assumption that if Barnes got his they would still be ok. Barnes was a monster in this series and really took that next step to becoming an elite nba player. Curry and Thompson on the other hand completely disappeared.

Look at Thompson in games 1 and 2:

Game 1: 19 points on 8-15 shooting
                                Game 2: 34 points 14 rebounds 13-23 shooting.

Enter Kawhi Leonard
                                Game 3: 17 points on 7-20
                                Game 4: 10 points on 5-13 (in 51 minutes)
                                Game 5: 4 points on 2-8
                                Game 6: 10 points on 4-12
                                He also had 6 total rebounds in the last 3 games.

Steph Curry faired a little better in the series overall but I saw a stat in game 3 where he was 2-19 when he was guarded by Danny Green.

Danny Green pretty much guarded him exclusively for the remainder of the series (Cory Joseph had a few small stretches on him as well) so from game 4 through game 6 he shot: 21 of 54. Assuming the majority of those shots came while being guarded by Danny Green that means he was 23 of 73 shooting 31.5% with Danny Green as the primary defender.

Against everyone else he was 28-53 shooting 52% from the floor. Maybe I am pointing out the obvious but that seems to be the difference in the series.
                                *Banned*

Comment

Working...
                                X