NBA 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by wapiti View Post
    And they didn't really get anything of value in return as evidenced by their record since the Westbrook injury.
    Way too early to tell. K-Mart was only one piece of the trade, the rest were prospects or future prospects. They got Lamb (lotto pick in last year's draft that probably won't get time until K-Mart clears out), a lotto pick in this draft (#12, I think), and a future 1st and 2nd. Getting someone to replace Harden's production off the bench was only part of the equation, and it will probably be a few years before we know what was netted in terms of real value.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
      I'd have payed him and kept him, if I was the owner. But, it's easy to say things like that when you're talking about spending other people's money.
      There's just no way small market teams are going to be able to pay the lux under the new CBA. Even major market teams are panicked about it.

Comment

• This new Warriors arena is insane:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nba-ba...155239078.html
        *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
          Yeah that thing is awesome.

Comment

• Where will people park?
            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
              Where will people park?
              That was my first thought too.
              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
              -Turtle
              sigpic

Comment

• Could be the first arena where either walking, bicycling, or rapid transit are required for attendance. A dedicated BART station under the arena should only run another $1B or so.
                "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• It's a shame the 49ers/SF couldn't work something out with a stadium. The Warriors arena + Pac Bell/AT&T Park along the coastline is awesome.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                    Could be the first arena where either walking, bicycling, or rapid transit are required for attendance. A dedicated BART station under the arena should only run another $1B or so.
                    MSG?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                      Way too early to tell. K-Mart was only one piece of the trade, the rest were prospects or future prospects. They got Lamb (lotto pick in last year's draft that probably won't get time until K-Mart clears out), a lotto pick in this draft (#12, I think), and a future 1st and 2nd. Getting someone to replace Harden's production off the bench was only part of the equation, and it will probably be a few years before we know what was netted in terms of real value.
                      And on top of all of that, moving Harden allowed them to keep Ibaka. Even if they'd kept Harden for another season and then tried to move him, they weren't going to be able to trade him to bring back a player on a big salary. So when you look at a package of all of those picks, Jeremy Lamb, a K-Mart rental, AND Serge Ibaka, then they really did pretty well in exchange for Harden. The long term question going forward for OKC won't be should they have kept Harden, but did they make the right choice in holding onto Ibaka instead of Harden?

Comment

• Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                        MSG?
                        No thanks, I'm trying to quit.

I was suggesting the California tree-huggers were far more advanced than their counterparts in NY by suggesting attendance REQUIRED going green.
                        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• So I guess the Heat woke up?

Comment

• Holy crap, let sleeping dogs lie. Thanks a lot Chicago.

- The rest of the NBA

Comment

• Klay Thompson going off.
                              "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Nominee for my new avatar:

https://twitter.com/HPbasketball/sta...501248/photo/1
                                "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

Working...
                                X