Page 14 of 61 FirstFirst ... 4121314151624 ... LastLast

Thread: NBA 2012-2013

So Chris Paul is essentially out of the MVP race, right? Not that he really had a shot at besting the current top 2, but entering last night's loss Paul's Clippers were 3-6 in their last 9. And then he put up what has to be the worst line of his career: 3 points, 2 assists, 3 turnovers, 1-5 FGs. Magic was right at halftime when he said that it looked like a big game for the Heat, when it should've looked like a big game for the Clippers.

Will an unspectacular spectacular season be enough for LeBron to overcome the lazy and contrite voter fatigue that often happens? This will be the 7th straight season that his FG% has gone up. If he can keep his league leading PER over 30 it will be the 4th 30+ PER season he's had, tying MJ for the most ever. After a month where many seemed to be putting the title of most valuable on Durant, LBJ has blistered February so far: 68% FGs, 56% 3s, and his first month averaging 30 ppg this year. On almost every night you can watch a Heat game and feel like James is the best scorer, best passer, and best defender on the court.

It is crazy to me to think that James is still only 28 and Durant is only 24.

LeBron and Durantula is fun to watch.

Would Jax be able to bend the relationship between Kobe and Superman?
    I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Celts 7-0 since Rondo's ACL injury.

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    just sick.

I have play hated on Bron Bron in the past, but it was mostly tongue in cheek so I could tout LA championships. The way he is playing right now is freakishly unbelievable.

Lebrons last five games have been ridiculous as has been pointed out repeatedly, and deservedly so. Here are his stats from those 5 games.

FG% 3pt FG% FT% RPG APG SPG TPG PPG

Lebron .714 .600 .783 6.8 6.0 1.4 4.2 31.0

????? .595 .556 .787 7.6 8.0 1.8 3.0 28.0

Without looking, try guessing who the stats belong to on the second line. His too, are from the last five games.

Here is another one for you. See if you can guess who these two players are. These are career stats.

FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG BPG SPG ToG PPG

.487 .291 .769 5.0 6.1 1.0 1.8 3.5 24.9

.454 .336 .838 5.3 4.7 0.5 1.5 3.0 25.5
    Last edited by Tone Loc; 02-12-2013 at 09:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tone Loc View Post
    Lebrons last five games have been ridiculous as has been pointed out repeatedly, and deservedly so. Here are his stats from those 5 games.

FG% 3pt FG% FT% RPG APG SPG TPG PPG

Lebron .714 .600 .783 6.8 6.0 1.4 4.2 31.0

????? .595 .556 .787 7.6 8.0 1.8 3.0 28.0

Without looking, try guessing who the stats belong to on the second line. His too, are from the last five games.
    Harden?

Quote Originally Posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
    Harden?
    exactly what I was about to say
    I'm your huckleberry.

Harden?
    You got it, he has had an incredible run lately as well. All numbers better than Lebron's except shooting %'s.

Thoughts on the new GS uniforms? They are going to use them for a few home games. Going with the t-shirt tops.

Thoughts on the new GS uniforms? They are going to use them for a few home games. Going with the t-shirt tops.

Kudos to them for not going with some unimaginative variation of black colored uniforms.
    Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

You got it, he has had an incredible run lately as well. All numbers better than Lebron's except shooting %'s.
    Yep, a huge stretch for Harden as well. I'd suspect that if you adjusted for pace, LeBron's numbers would easily outpace Harden in each category. But Harden was also very productive and incredibly efficient in that 5 game run.

Already talked about here!
    I'm your huckleberry.

Yep, a huge stretch for Harden as well. I'd suspect that if you adjusted for pace, LeBron's numbers would easily outpace Harden in each category. But Harden was also very productive and incredibly efficient in that 5 game run.
    James was touting Harden as becoming a superstar this year. He has been playing out of his mind lately.
    I'm your huckleberry.

Here is another one for you. See if you can guess who these two players are. These are career stats.

FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG BPG SPG ToG PPG

.487 .291 .769 5.0 6.1 1.0 1.8 3.5 24.9

.454 .336 .838 5.3 4.7 0.5 1.5 3.0 25.5
    One is Kobe. I had just looked at his career stats recently. Not sure on the other one. The PPG and FG% is too high to be Pierce or Carter, but ppg too low to be Durant.

Other one has to be Wade. Only other scorer I can think of that would have a career PPG that high with a decent FG% because of how much he's in the lane. Wouldn't be Ray.

Other one has to be Wade. Only other scorer I can think of that would have a career PPG that high with a decent FG% because of how much he's in the lane. Wouldn't be Ray.
    This is too easy for you.

Just looking at the stats you really couldnt say one way or the other who the better player was. Wade has had a fantastic career. His performance in the finals when he won his first may have been the best ever by a player.

Keep in mind, it's not Lebron's overall game that has people taking notice these last five games - in fact, from an overall standpoint, he's been worse these last five than usual. It's the points and ridiculous shooting (in addition to the fact that he was already shooting 55% and 42% on the season) that makes it special.

But yes, Harden has been great. I imagine you could take Kobe's last five and other than scoring, they would be pretty comparable as well.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Keep in mind, it's not Lebron's overall game that has people taking notice these last five games - in fact, from an overall standpoint, he's been worse these last five than usual. It's the points and ridiculous shooting (in addition to the fact that he was already shooting 55% and 42% on the season) that makes it special.

But yes, Harden has been great. I imagine you could take Kobe's last five and other than scoring, they would be pretty comparable as well.
    I agree on Lebron, but here are Kobe's last five

FG% 3FG% RPG APG TPG PPG
    .462 .000 6.2 5.2 3.8 22.8

Not really comparable. You'll notice that Harden averaged .60 from the floor and .57 from the 3 point line. Add in almost 8 rpg's and 8 apg's.

I agree on Lebron, but here are Kobe's last five

FG% 3FG% RPG APG TPG PPG
    .462 .000 6.2 5.2 3.8 22.8

Not really comparable. You'll notice that Harden averaged .60 from the floor and .57 from the 3 point line. Add in almost 8 rpg's and 8 apg's.
    I got ahead of myself a bit.

The five previous games - 50% FGs 11.6 asts, 8.6 rebs. Might be the best 5 game stretch for anybody in the NBA from a rebounding and assisting perspective.

And as usually happens, when discussing the incredible play of someone in the NBA, Michael Jordan's shadow always wants to show up and cast some shade on everyone else. Talk about an incredible stretch of games...

@BeckleyMason
    MJ in 1989: 11 games, 10 triple-doubles, 33.6 points per game:
    http://www.basketball-reference.com/...-sum:pgl_basic

And as usually happens, when discussing the incredible play of someone in the NBA, Michael Jordan's shadow always wants to show up and cast some shade on everyone else. Talk about an incredible stretch of games...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...-sum:pgl_basic
    Also shot 52% from the floor during that stretch. MJ is a monster.
    *Banned*

LeBron can be the first guy ever with 6 straight games of 30+ points on at least 60% FG%.

At half he has 18 points on 6-8 FGs and 6-6 FTs.

Along with 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, and 0 TOs. With how much he's playing the efficiency game right now if we'd start to see a concerted effort on his part to cut back on his TOs. He's being very careful about the type of shots he's taking but his TOs have been about average over the past 15 games. He usually has a toss away TO each game, like Deron always did in Utah, where he'd just get lazy with his handle and would fumble it away.

LeBron can be the first guy ever with 6 straight games of 30+ points on at least 60% FG%.

At half he has 18 points on 6-8 FGs and 6-6 FTs.

Along with 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, and 0 TOs. With how much he's playing the efficiency game right now if we'd start to see a concerted effort on his part to cut back on his TOs. He's being very careful about the type of shots he's taking but his TOs have been about average over the past 15 games. He usually has a toss away TO each game, like Deron always did in Utah, where he'd just get lazy with his handle and would fumble it away.
    But he can't keep up with Dame!

Lebron gets his 6th straight.

Default Re: NBA 2012-2013

Those 3 assists by Dame were huge. Kid is a chucker.
    *Banned*

Nerlens Noel out for the year. Does he come out this year, drop down in the draft, but start getting paid and have a professional staff oversee his rehab? Or does he go back to college, not get a full year in, and possibly have his stock hurt because he won't look as good coming off of the injury?

Nerlens Noel out for the year. Does he come out this year, drop down in the draft, but start getting paid and have a professional staff oversee his rehab? Or does he go back to college, not get a full year in, and possibly have his stock hurt because he won't look as good coming off of the injury?
    Comes out now. No question.

Quote Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Those 3 assists by Dame were huge. Kid is a chucker.
    He made 55.6% of his shots and got to the line 11 times in the game. If he is doing that, I'm totally cool with Dame chucking away.

Sure he didn't have a lot of assists that night, but he is averaging 6.5 assists on the season. If you were redrafting at this point, Lillard doesn't drop below 3rd in the draft. He probably is 3rd behind Davis and Drummond.
    "But luckily the two had time to play catch-up while Marian Hossa was celebrating his second Stanley Cup in three seasons and Chara was contemplating how he was spun around like an eight-foot dreidel by Patrick Kane all series."
    --Puck Daddy