Page 61 of 61 FirstFirst ... 1151596061
Results 1,801 to 1,819 of 1819

Thread: NBA 2012-2013

  1. #1801

    Default

    Laker PGs have 29 assists with 3 minutes to play tonight against Cleveland.

  2. #1802
    Moral actor San Juan Sun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Standing On Corner, Minding Own Business
    Posts
    7,271

    Default

    Greg Oden just flagrantly fouled Blake Griffin. As Blake collected himself they showed Oden standing around. My wife walked in, saw the slo-mo of Oden fouling Griffin, and wondered out loud why LeBron James would foul like that. I explained to her that it was actually Greg Oden, who resembles James, when they momentarily showed both Oden and James standing next to each other… and her mind was totally blown.
    "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

    - Ty Cobb

  3. #1803

    Default

    Doc Rivers is getting the same production out of the Clippers that Vincent Of The Black was getting. Can we finally stop calling Doc a great coach and just admit that Danny Ainge handed Doc some lightning in a bottle, and he's essentially the same average NBA coach that he was in 2007?
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  4. #1804
    Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    31,045

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Doc Rivers is getting the same production out of the Clippers that Vincent Of The Black was getting. Can we finally stop calling Doc a great coach and just admit that Danny Ainge handed Doc some lightning in a bottle, and he's essentially the same average NBA coach that he was in 2007?
    Thibs
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

  5. #1805

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    Wilt Chamberlain doesn't belong in the discussion? Oscar Robertson doesn't belong in the discussion?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    No. Neither is even in the top 5.
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Public View Post
    I won't run down his resume here, but I give Wilt a place in the discussion. That's based on statistics and commentary from others; he was before my time.

    Which five do you definitively place above him?
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, Russell and Kareem are the easy ones. I'd probably also place Magic, Bird and Shaq ahead of him, and potentially Duncan and Hakeem.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    Wilt is.
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    You could go ask Kareem and Russell and they'd both tell you Wilt was better than them. Wilt averaged 30 ppg and 23 boards per game for his career. Nobody's even close to that. Could you imagine if they kept track of blocks then?

    Kobe better than Wilt? LOL

    The top three are Wilt, Lebron, and MJ.
    Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Wilt is top 4 with Jordan, LeBron, and Russell. Magic, Bird, Kareem, and Shaq are the next tier with Kobe, Duncan, and big O on tier 3.

    I don't think history will be kind to Kobe's legacy. When his stat sheet lines up against the others on this list nothing stands out. Kobe landed in the ideal situation: coach, teammates, location, etc. Switch Kobe's situation with Dominique Wilkins and the results may have been similar.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Lol. Go look at the quote MG bumped before you get too excited about Wilt. His stats are inflated by pace in his era and that fact that nobody could shoot. Also he was facing off against a bunch of 6-7 centers each night.

    I'd like to see those quote where Russell and Kareem say Wilt was better than them. Maybe (maybe) they said that, but it's lip service, at best. Russell owned Wilt. Owned him.
    I can't remember where else we had this discussion, but I know we had it here. Compare Shaq at 17 to Wilt at 17:

    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  6. #1806

    Default

    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  7. #1807
    Where's Wallace? Surfah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    V to the izz-A.
    Posts
    31,976

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    I can't remember where else we had this discussion, but I know we had it here. Compare Shaq at 17 to Wilt at 17:

    That block and taking the ball coast to coast in the McDonald's AA game was sick.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

  8. #1808

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    The amazing thing about Wilt is how long he was. If he were around today they'd turn him into a 3.

  9. #1809

    Default

    I just get tired of people denigrating Wilt's career because he was bigger than everyone. There's been plenty of huge guys to come through the NBA that were stiffs and didn't have anything near the athletic ability of a Wilt or Shaq.

    I used to have this argument with my roommate at BYU. He used to say how Shaq had no basketball skills and was only good because he was big. So, I'd always ask him why Ostertag wasn't any good, or Jim McLavaine, or Shawn Bradley and he was just say Shaq was bigger than all those guys, nevermind he was a much better athlete than all those guys as well.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

  10. #1810

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    I just get tired of people denigrating Wilt's career because he was bigger than everyone. There's been plenty of huge guys to come through the NBA that were stiffs and didn't have anything near the athletic ability of a Wilt or Shaq.

    I used to have this argument with my roommate at BYU. He used to say how Shaq had no basketball skills and was only good because he was big. So, I'd always ask him why Ostertag wasn't any good, or Jim McLavaine, or Shawn Bradley and he was just say Shaq was bigger than all those guys, nevermind he was a much better athlete than all those guys as well.
    Nice straw man.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  11. #1811
    Handsome Boy Graduate mpfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,350

    Default

    Shaq was an incredible NBA player. Just think how amazing he would have been if he had a work ethic and stayed in shape.
    "But luckily the two had time to play catch-up while Marian Hossa was celebrating his second Stanley Cup in three seasons and Chara was contemplating how he was spun around like an eight-foot dreidel by Patrick Kane all series."
    --Puck Daddy

  12. #1812
    Handsome Boy Graduate mpfunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    9,350

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    I just get tired of people denigrating Wilt's career because he was bigger than everyone. There's been plenty of huge guys to come through the NBA that were stiffs and didn't have anything near the athletic ability of a Wilt or Shaq.

    I used to have this argument with my roommate at BYU. He used to say how Shaq had no basketball skills and was only good because he was big. So, I'd always ask him why Ostertag wasn't any good, or Jim McLavaine, or Shawn Bradley and he was just say Shaq was bigger than all those guys, nevermind he was a much better athlete than all those guys as well.
    Not sure that accurately pointing out the differences in the game at the time Wilt played is denigrating his career. I'm also not sure accurately leaving him out of the top 5 is denigrating his career.
    "But luckily the two had time to play catch-up while Marian Hossa was celebrating his second Stanley Cup in three seasons and Chara was contemplating how he was spun around like an eight-foot dreidel by Patrick Kane all series."
    --Puck Daddy

  13. #1813

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Nice straw man.
    If you say so.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

  14. #1814

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
    Shaq was an incredible NBA player. Just think how amazing he would have been if he had a work ethic and stayed in shape.
    I was just thinking the same thing. I wonder how different the end of his career would have been if he hadn't gotten fat.

  15. #1815

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Also he was facing off against a bunch of 6-7 centers each night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Nice straw man.

  16. #1816

    Default NBA 2012-2013

    Quote Originally Posted by wapiti View Post
    Yeah, compare that with what Douger said the argument is. Nobody said the level of competition wasn't part of the argument. But it's only that--a part.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

  17. #1817

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Yeah, compare that with what Douger said the argument is. Nobody said the level of competition wasn't part of the argument. But it's only that--a part.
    Comparing Wilt against the legions 6'7 guys he went against means he's not the best, yet Russell went against the same midgets with worse numbers, and he's in the top 5 according to you. That's some objective analysis.

    Probably just best to agree to disagree, since we're not going to get anywhere with the argument.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

  18. #1818
    sweet triple TripletDaddy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    53,056

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jacob View Post
    I was just thinking the same thing. I wonder how different the end of his career would have been if he hadn't gotten fat.
    The end? How about when he was winning rings? Shack never won a single rebounding title. Unacceptable for the self proclaimed MDE.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.


  19. #1819

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by The_Douger View Post
    Comparing Wilt against the legions 6'7 guys he went against means he's not the best, yet Russell went against the same midgets with worse numbers, and he's in the top 5 according to you. That's some objective analysis.

    Probably just best to agree to disagree, since we're not going to get anywhere with the argument.
    Lets just agree that Shaq is better than Wilt and we can call it a day.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

    There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •