NBA 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Tone Loc View Post
    Here is another one for you. See if you can guess who these two players are. These are career stats.

FG% 3P% FT% RPG APG BPG SPG ToG PPG

.487 .291 .769 5.0 6.1 1.0 1.8 3.5 24.9

.454 .336 .838 5.3 4.7 0.5 1.5 3.0 25.5
    One is Kobe. I had just looked at his career stats recently. Not sure on the other one. The PPG and FG% is too high to be Pierce or Carter, but ppg too low to be Durant.

Comment

• Other one has to be Wade. Only other scorer I can think of that would have a career PPG that high with a decent FG% because of how much he's in the lane. Wouldn't be Ray.

Comment

• Originally posted by BGRTHNUMEGO View Post
        Other one has to be Wade. Only other scorer I can think of that would have a career PPG that high with a decent FG% because of how much he's in the lane. Wouldn't be Ray.
        This is too easy for you.

Just looking at the stats you really couldnt say one way or the other who the better player was. Wade has had a fantastic career. His performance in the finals when he won his first may have been the best ever by a player.

Comment

You got it, he has had an incredible run lately as well. All numbers better than Lebron's except shooting %'s.
          Keep in mind, it's not Lebron's overall game that has people taking notice these last five games - in fact, from an overall standpoint, he's been worse these last five than usual. It's the points and ridiculous shooting (in addition to the fact that he was already shooting 55% and 42% on the season) that makes it special.

But yes, Harden has been great. I imagine you could take Kobe's last five and other than scoring, they would be pretty comparable as well.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            Keep in mind, it's not Lebron's overall game that has people taking notice these last five games - in fact, from an overall standpoint, he's been worse these last five than usual. It's the points and ridiculous shooting (in addition to the fact that he was already shooting 55% and 42% on the season) that makes it special.

But yes, Harden has been great. I imagine you could take Kobe's last five and other than scoring, they would be pretty comparable as well.
            I agree on Lebron, but here are Kobe's last five

FG% 3FG% RPG APG TPG PPG
            .462 .000 6.2 5.2 3.8 22.8

Not really comparable. You'll notice that Harden averaged .60 from the floor and .57 from the 3 point line. Add in almost 8 rpg's and 8 apg's.

Comment

I agree on Lebron, but here are Kobe's last five

FG% 3FG% RPG APG TPG PPG
              .462 .000 6.2 5.2 3.8 22.8

Not really comparable. You'll notice that Harden averaged .60 from the floor and .57 from the 3 point line. Add in almost 8 rpg's and 8 apg's.
              I got ahead of myself a bit.

The five previous games - 50% FGs 11.6 asts, 8.6 rebs. Might be the best 5 game stretch for anybody in the NBA from a rebounding and assisting perspective.
              I'm like LeBron James.
              -mpfunk

Comment

• And as usually happens, when discussing the incredible play of someone in the NBA, Michael Jordan's shadow always wants to show up and cast some shade on everyone else. Talk about an incredible stretch of games...

@BeckleyMason
                MJ in 1989: 11 games, 10 triple-doubles, 33.6 points per game:
                http://www.basketball-reference.com/...-sum:pgl_basic

Comment

And as usually happens, when discussing the incredible play of someone in the NBA, Michael Jordan's shadow always wants to show up and cast some shade on everyone else. Talk about an incredible stretch of games...

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...-sum:pgl_basic
                  Also shot 52% from the floor during that stretch. MJ is a monster.
                  *Banned*

Comment

• LeBron can be the first guy ever with 6 straight games of 30+ points on at least 60% FG%.

At half he has 18 points on 6-8 FGs and 6-6 FTs.

Along with 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, and 0 TOs. With how much he's playing the efficiency game right now if we'd start to see a concerted effort on his part to cut back on his TOs. He's being very careful about the type of shots he's taking but his TOs have been about average over the past 15 games. He usually has a toss away TO each game, like Deron always did in Utah, where he'd just get lazy with his handle and would fumble it away.

Comment

LeBron can be the first guy ever with 6 straight games of 30+ points on at least 60% FG%.

At half he has 18 points on 6-8 FGs and 6-6 FTs.

Along with 4 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, and 0 TOs. With how much he's playing the efficiency game right now if we'd start to see a concerted effort on his part to cut back on his TOs. He's being very careful about the type of shots he's taking but his TOs have been about average over the past 15 games. He usually has a toss away TO each game, like Deron always did in Utah, where he'd just get lazy with his handle and would fumble it away.
                      But he can't keep up with Dame!
                      So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Lebron gets his 6th straight.
                        So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Re: NBA 2012-2013

Those 3 assists by Dame were huge. Kid is a chucker.
                          *Banned*

Comment

• Nerlens Noel out for the year. Does he come out this year, drop down in the draft, but start getting paid and have a professional staff oversee his rehab? Or does he go back to college, not get a full year in, and possibly have his stock hurt because he won't look as good coming off of the injury?

Comment

Nerlens Noel out for the year. Does he come out this year, drop down in the draft, but start getting paid and have a professional staff oversee his rehab? Or does he go back to college, not get a full year in, and possibly have his stock hurt because he won't look as good coming off of the injury?
                              Comes out now. No question.
                              I'm like LeBron James.
                              -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                                Those 3 assists by Dame were huge. Kid is a chucker.
                                He made 55.6% of his shots and got to the line 11 times in the game. If he is doing that, I'm totally cool with Dame chucking away.

Sure he didn't have a lot of assists that night, but he is averaging 6.5 assists on the season. If you were redrafting at this point, Lillard doesn't drop below 3rd in the draft. He probably is 3rd behind Davis and Drummond.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X