No announcement yet.

NBA 2012-2013

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Laker PGs have 29 assists with 3 minutes to play tonight against Cleveland.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Comment

• Greg Oden just flagrantly fouled Blake Griffin. As Blake collected himself they showed Oden standing around. My wife walked in, saw the slo-mo of Oden fouling Griffin, and wondered out loud why LeBron James would foul like that. I explained to her that it was actually Greg Oden, who resembles James, when they momentarily showed both Oden and James standing next to each other… and her mind was totally blown.
      "Sure, I fought. I had to fight all my life just to survive. They were all against me. Tried every dirty trick to cut me down, but I beat the bastards and left them in the ditch."

- Ty Cobb

Comment

• Doc Rivers is getting the same production out of the Clippers that Vincent Of The Black was getting. Can we finally stop calling Doc a great coach and just admit that Danny Ainge handed Doc some lightning in a bottle, and he's essentially the same average NBA coach that he was in 2007?
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
          Doc Rivers is getting the same production out of the Clippers that Vincent Of The Black was getting. Can we finally stop calling Doc a great coach and just admit that Danny Ainge handed Doc some lightning in a bottle, and he's essentially the same average NBA coach that he was in 2007?
          Thibs
          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
            Wilt Chamberlain doesn't belong in the discussion? Oscar Robertson doesn't belong in the discussion?
            Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
            No. Neither is even in the top 5.
            Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
            I won't run down his resume here, but I give Wilt a place in the discussion. That's based on statistics and commentary from others; he was before my time.

Which five do you definitively place above him?
            Jordan, Kobe, LeBron, Russell and Kareem are the easy ones. I'd probably also place Magic, Bird and Shaq ahead of him, and potentially Duncan and Hakeem.
            Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
            Wilt is.
            Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
            You could go ask Kareem and Russell and they'd both tell you Wilt was better than them. Wilt averaged 30 ppg and 23 boards per game for his career. Nobody's even close to that. Could you imagine if they kept track of blocks then?

Kobe better than Wilt? LOL

The top three are Wilt, Lebron, and MJ.
            Originally posted by wapiti View Post
            Wilt is top 4 with Jordan, LeBron, and Russell. Magic, Bird, Kareem, and Shaq are the next tier with Kobe, Duncan, and big O on tier 3.

I don't think history will be kind to Kobe's legacy. When his stat sheet lines up against the others on this list nothing stands out. Kobe landed in the ideal situation: coach, teammates, location, etc. Switch Kobe's situation with Dominique Wilkins and the results may have been similar.
            Lol. Go look at the quote MG bumped before you get too excited about Wilt. His stats are inflated by pace in his era and that fact that nobody could shoot. Also he was facing off against a bunch of 6-7 centers each night.

I'd like to see those quote where Russell and Kareem say Wilt was better than them. Maybe (maybe) they said that, but it's lip service, at best. Russell owned Wilt. Owned him.
            I can't remember where else we had this discussion, but I know we had it here. Compare Shaq at 17 to Wilt at 17:

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

Comment

I can't remember where else we had this discussion, but I know we had it here. Compare Shaq at 17 to Wilt at 17:

That block and taking the ball coast to coast in the McDonald's AA game was sick.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

The amazing thing about Wilt is how long he was. If he were around today they'd turn him into a 3.

Comment

• I just get tired of people denigrating Wilt's career because he was bigger than everyone. There's been plenty of huge guys to come through the NBA that were stiffs and didn't have anything near the athletic ability of a Wilt or Shaq.

I used to have this argument with my roommate at BYU. He used to say how Shaq had no basketball skills and was only good because he was big. So, I'd always ask him why Ostertag wasn't any good, or Jim McLavaine, or Shawn Bradley and he was just say Shaq was bigger than all those guys, nevermind he was a much better athlete than all those guys as well.
                    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                      I just get tired of people denigrating Wilt's career because he was bigger than everyone. There's been plenty of huge guys to come through the NBA that were stiffs and didn't have anything near the athletic ability of a Wilt or Shaq.

I used to have this argument with my roommate at BYU. He used to say how Shaq had no basketball skills and was only good because he was big. So, I'd always ask him why Ostertag wasn't any good, or Jim McLavaine, or Shawn Bradley and he was just say Shaq was bigger than all those guys, nevermind he was a much better athlete than all those guys as well.
                      Nice straw man.

Comment

• Shaq was an incredible NBA player. Just think how amazing he would have been if he had a work ethic and stayed in shape.
                        As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                        --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                          I just get tired of people denigrating Wilt's career because he was bigger than everyone. There's been plenty of huge guys to come through the NBA that were stiffs and didn't have anything near the athletic ability of a Wilt or Shaq.

Not sure that accurately pointing out the differences in the game at the time Wilt played is denigrating his career. I'm also not sure accurately leaving him out of the top 5 is denigrating his career.
                          As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                          --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Nice straw man.
                            If you say so.
                            Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by mpfunk View Post
                              Shaq was an incredible NBA player. Just think how amazing he would have been if he had a work ethic and stayed in shape.
                              I was just thinking the same thing. I wonder how different the end of his career would have been if he hadn't gotten fat.

Comment

Also he was facing off against a bunch of 6-7 centers each night.
                                Nice straw man.

Comment

Working...
                                X