The Kickstarter Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    The food lab guy (Kenji) posted about this on serious eats today; I ordered one.
    7 months later.

anova.jpg
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

7 months later.

[ATTACH]5248[/ATTACH]
      Deets, man! Does it work well?
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

7 months later.

[ATTACH]5248[/ATTACH]
        I got mine finally also. I haven't had a chance to fire it up yet, but overall it should be good. I'll be using it this weekend to reheat some pulled pork for a ward Christmas party.
        "I can get a good look at a T-bone by sticking my head up a bull's a$$, but I'd rather take a butcher's word for it". - Tommy Callahan III

Comment

Haha:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...61/mastur-plan

Personal Background and Experience

As a male member of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints (the Mormons), I struggle daily to keep myself worthy before God. As an adult, I look back on my teenage years and remember the painful struggles I had living the Law of Chastity. Like most teenage boys, I had a masturbation habit, and I had great difficulty in overcoming this vice.

However, I developed some techniques to help me overcome my problem, and eventually I prevailed. I am proud to say that, at the time of this writing, it has been 17 years, 43 days and 16 hours since my last masturbatory event.
          For a pledge of $250 or more:

All previous rewards, and a special commemorative 8 inch iron rod that could be displayed tastefully in the home, or used as an actual anti-masturbation aid as outlined in the project description.

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
            Deets, man! Does it work well?
            Yes, it has worked quite well. Fave preparations so far are leg of lamb and flat iron steak.

Anova is running a special for Dad's day... $50 off, or $129 total cost (free shipping):

luv_dad.jpg
            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump

Comment

Please feel free not to rescue this effort:

http://www.saturdayswarrior.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                Please feel free not to rescue this effort:

http://www.saturdayswarrior.com/
                he plays a telecaster!
                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...cept-film-shor

It's got to be better than the Book of Mormon movie...making it potentially the best book of Mormon movie ever!!!
                  Last edited by Moliere; 09-06-2017, 08:18 PM.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...ion?ref=23oage

This is something my niece-in-law came up with. It's a Book of Mormon with three inch margins for taking notes in.

Her husband's father (my brother) is the one who created the Citation Index app.

Kickstarter.jpg

Comment

• That wide-margin BOM is perfect for those that want to decorate one up for their future eternal companion.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

This is something my niece-in-law came up with. It's a Book of Mormon with three inch margins for taking notes in.

Her husband's father (my brother) is the one who created the Citation Index app.

[ATTACH]8792[/ATTACH]
                        The citation index app is a must have. I love it.

Comment

• lol. Maybe he wanted his own bible, though.
                          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post

[ATTACH]8792[/ATTACH]
                            I was a literary studies major and they tried to drill into us to get into the habit of annotating books as you read. It's great for insights and comprehension, but I have never been able to get into that habit-- even less for the scriptures. I think I would start illustrating the verses out of pure impulse, though.
                            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                              I was a literary studies major and they tried to drill into us to get into the habit of annotating books as you read. It's great for insights and comprehension, but I have never been able to get into that habit-- even less for the scriptures. I think I would start illustrating the verses out of pure impulse, though.
                              Yeah, this opens up some good possibilities for adding modalities to your study to help you to remember ideas and concepts. When I was at BYU, I took notes, taped the lecture, replayed the lecture, adjusted my notes, and studied the notes. When it came time to take a test, I was able to recall what I had written in my notes, see it on the page in my mind, and hear what was said in the lecture.

Recently, I've been listening to the Book of Mormon, and it's been a game changer for me and my attention deficit. I think with this, I'll listen while I follow along in the book, and stop to write my own notes.

In two days, she's over 50% to her minimum order of 1000 books from the printer.

Comment

• She just hit her $35,000 minimum order. Thanks to anyone who may have supported her.

Comment

Working...
                                X