The Taysom Hill Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by A-Train View Post
    Not sure why Lebowski won't let me have Avatars anymore. It was over a year ago that he revoked that privledge.

I doubt Riles will be healthy enough for Hawaii but will say that he is a 100% even if he is not. He will suck but because it is Hawaii, we will win. I still feel bad for Lark. I am sorry but the dude got hosed. He as well as the fans were told that he would be the guy if Riles went down due to injury. I am sorry but a healthy Lark is better than an injured Riley. Doman is an ass and loves the option too much and therefore had Hill leap frog Lark on the depth chart.

I don't think there's any evidence for this theory.

Coaches have had misgivings about Lark's ability to keep up with the speed of the game going back to before his mission.

Then again, so is Nelson. But the knock on Lark going back to before his mission (when coaches had Munns rated ahead of hiim) is that he gets lost in the complexity and speed of the game.

I'll grant that he's a better option than Nelson at this point - but why waste reps on a guy that you don't think is going to win games now when you could be giving them to the QB of the future?
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

Taysom was in the game because Riley can't rotate from his lower back to get anything on the ball. Thus endeth the Taysom discussion until 2013, unless of course Riley is not able to return.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
        Taysom was in the game because Riley can't rotate from his lower back to get anything on the ball. Thus endeth the Taysom discussion until 2013, unless of course Riley is not able to return.
        Then why does it take three interceptions and a fumble to pull him?
        At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
        -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
          What were the reasons he couldn't get anything on the ball prior to the game w/ BSU?
          "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post
            I'll grant that he's a better option than Nelson at this point - but why waste reps on a guy that you don't think is going to win games now when you could be giving them to the QB of the future?
            I seem to recall that same logic being used for Heaps. I wonder how many seasons people are willing to sacrifice so some untested unready QB can get beaten senseless in order to achieve uncertain future greatness?
            Last edited by Indy Coug; 09-21-2012, 05:33 PM.
            Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
              I seem to recall that same logic being used for Heaps. I wonder how many seasons people are willing to sacrifice so some untested unready QB can get beaten senseless in order to achieve uncertain future greatness?
              Which is why you let Riley finish off the season, as long as he is the option that is most likely to win you games.
              τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                Which is why you let Riley finish off the season, as long as he is the option that is most likely to win you games.

Sent from my SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
                "I don't mind giving the church 10% of my earnings, but 50% of my weekend mornings? Not as long as DirecTV NFL Sunday Ticket is around." - Daniel Tosh

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post
                  I think we have seen plenty of evidence the last two games to know he won't win us the most games.

Comment

Originally posted by Maximus View Post
                    I think we have seen plenty of evidence the last two games to know he won't win us the most games.
                    Exactly.
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      What have you seen from Riley that makes you think he is tested and ready?

Injury or not, Riley has not performed well against any team with a decent amount of D1 talent.
                      Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Comment

• Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                        I'm with Indy on this. Hill is not ready. Riley is awful, but he is the best option right now. I don't want to see Hill getting meaningful reps until the soft part of our schedule.
                        "The mind is not a boomerang. If you throw it too far it will not come back." ~ Tom McGuane

Comment

• If Hill isn't ready, and Riley can't go, then you have to put Lark in.

I'd be pretty unhappy as a player on this team when the coach is tossing a guy with broken spinous processes in the game and watching him fall apart due to the other team being talented, as well as him being unable to make the throws secondary to injury.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                            If Hill isn't ready, and Riley can't go, then you have to put Lark in.

I'd be pretty unhappy as a player on this team when the coach is tossing a guy with broken spinous processes in the game and watching him fall apart due to the other team being talented, as well as him being unable to make the throws secondary to injury.
                            I agree that if Riley isn't healthy he should not be an option.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shaka View Post
                              I agree that if Riley isn't healthy he should not be an option.
                              I am ok with the coaching staff going with him through halftime. The game was still in hand. We dodged bullets on the turnovers, and the defense bailed us out.

But, it was clear he wasn't right, and I just feel they should have inserted someone else in to the lineup in the second half.

In reality, I didn't care who it was. All I cared was that it couldn't be Riley. He wasn't right and we weren't going to be able to win the game with him out there.

I'd prefer Lark, because I think an advantage we have is our WRs and he can make the throws. It would also mean the end of the option, which actually turned out ok on that one drive. Alisa did a lot better running north to south instead of messing around on that option.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Douger View Post
                                I am ok with the coaching staff going with him through halftime. The game was still in hand. We dodged bullets on the turnovers, and the defense bailed us out.

But, it was clear he wasn't right, and I just feel they should have inserted someone else in to the lineup in the second half.

In reality, I didn't care who it was. All I cared was that it couldn't be Riley. He wasn't right and we weren't going to be able to win the game with him out there.

I'd prefer Lark, because I think an advantage we have is our WRs and he can make the throws. It would also mean the end of the option, which actually turned out ok on that one drive. Alisa did a lot better running north to south instead of messing around on that option.
                                yeah our receiving corp is maybe the best we've had in a long time and no one can throw the ball. not even the ghost of Jake

Comment

Working...
                                X