The Taysom Hill Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
    I certainly would choose a road game against a ranked team to throw Hill into the fire.
    Then you are a Moran and likely of one mind with Bronco.
    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

I can't wait for another true freshman to come along to much fanfare, predictably stumble for all sorts of obvious reasons and then the fans turn first on the OC and then eventually on Taysom himself. The Cyclical Internecine Baile De Los Muertos.
      Who was the other guy you have in mind that "stumbled" as a true freshman?
      Last edited by smokymountainrain; 09-20-2012, 07:16 AM.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
        Who was the other guy you have in mind that "stumbled" as a true freshman?
        Beck and Heaps both had fantastic results as true freshmen. BYU went a combined 11-14 in those seasons with pass efficiencies well south of poor.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Beck and Heaps both had fantastic results as true freshmen. BYU went a combined 11-14 in those seasons with pass efficiencies well south of poor.
          FTR, Hill is not a true freshman.
          Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Comment

I didn't realize Beck came with much fanfare - maybe he did, I was a tad disconnected from BYU football in '03 - but while Heaps PER wan't good, he threw for 2300 yards and went 6-2 in his last 8. I disagree that he stumbled as a true freshman.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

I don't believe in the "baby your future star QB so you don't hurt his confidence" theory. But I also don't believe in the "he's a future star, who cares if he sucks now, he needs experience to get better" theory. If for some reason Riley went down, we should go with the QB that gives us the best chance to win the most games--counting this season only.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                Yes he is. Just an old one.
                So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
                  He's an RM but also a true freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by jay santos View Post
                    I don't believe in the "baby your future star QB so you don't hurt his confidence" theory. But I also don't believe in the "he's a future star, who cares if he sucks now, he needs experience to get better" theory. If for some reason Riley went down, we should go with the QB that gives us the best chance to win the most games--counting this season only.
                    We just have no idea who that is. I tend to think it's a toss up. In that case, I go with the future.
                    I'm like LeBron James.
                    -mpfunk

Comment

I didn't realize Beck came with much fanfare - maybe he did, I was a tad disconnected from BYU football in '03 - but while Heaps PER wan't good, he threw for 2300 yards and went 6-2 in his last 8. I disagree that he stumbled as a true freshman.
                      I am starting to have the feeling that I may dissconnect for awhile. Last game still hurts. Disconnect 2013.... Who am I kidding!
                      ( FYI I most likely wrote that incoherently and will be properly corrected forthwith. Thanks)

Comment

We just have no idea who that is. I tend to think it's a toss up. In that case, I go with the future.
                        Agree tie goes to the future. But hopefully the coaches would have a solid idea of who between Hill and Lark would win them more games this season.

Comment

Heaps' pass efficiency of 116 vs a SOS of 100 or so isn't what I would consider to be flourishing either. BYU was able to run and run and run in 2010 which minimized Heaps having to do much of anything in most games.

If you want to hold onto some pipe dream that Hill is ready to take over the full offense at this stage of his career, more power to you, but history isn't on your side.
                          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

He grayshirted at Stanford?

Comment

Heaps' pass efficiency of 116 vs a SOS of 100 or so isn't what I would consider to be flourishing either. BYU was able to run and run and run in 2010 which minimized Heaps having to do much of anything in most games.

If you want to hold onto some pipe dream that Hill is ready to take over the full offense at this stage of his career, more power to you, but history isn't on your side.
                              I imagine Lark is ready.

Comment

D'oh. I guess he didn't enroll.

Carry on.

Comment

Working...
                                X