The Taysom Hill Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    to be specific on the more christian point, he even went on a longer mission trip th[e]n tebow!
    Rather than solely comparing time served, I think we should also look at baptismal numbers.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• From ESPN's Bill Barnwell:

I don't typically mention restricted free agents here because the current collective bargaining agreement has mostly eliminated them from the conversation. One restricted free agent who might actually come into play, though, is Taysom Hill. The 29-year-old nearly carried the Saints to a victory against the Vikings, as he completed a 50-yard pass, ran for 50 yards and caught a 25-yard touchdown. At this point, we've seen two years of Hill as a productive player in a part-time role, and he very nearly swung a playoff game.

In a league in which the Ravens built their offense around Lamar Jackson's skills as a dual-threat quarterback and revitalized their entire organization, there are teams that could look at Hill and see the possibility of more significant contributions. Hill isn't in Jackson's league as a passer, but the Saints will face a conundrum regardless. They will have the rights to match any offer Hill receives as a restricted free agent, but the compensation they would get for declining varies by what the Saints choose as Hill's tender level. OvertheCap projects the tender figures to come in for 2020 as follows:

• First-rounder: $4.7 million
      • Second-rounder: $3.3 million
      • Original round (no compensation for Hill): $2.1 million

I don't think any team is going to make Hill an offer if the Saints slap him with the first-round tender. On the other hand, if they try to save money and go with an original tender, at least one team could be willing to give Hill a deal with $7 million or so due in Year 1, which would dissuade the Saints from matching. The second-round tag makes the most sense, and unless New Orleans can sign him to an extension, that is likely what he will receive.
      https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...layers-move#no
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Good for Taysom. Very happy for him that he overcame what he did and stuck in the NFL of all things. Awesome.
        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Taysom with some press on ESPN right now.

He received a 1st round tender, meaning the saints get a 1st round pick if another team signs him. The article also says the saints intend to sign him before free agency even starts.
          https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...ck-taysom-hill

Somewhat interesting article breaking down Hill's potential as a QB.
          https://www.espn.com/nfl/insider/sto...-career-passes

Comment

• https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/editor...gn-taysom-hill

Two year contract, $21 million, 16 of it guaranteed.

Congrats, dude. You deserve it.

Also, "Taysom 2.0" and "Tayson Hill clone" descriptions were tossed around for at least 2 signed QBs yesterday. Have Taysom and Saints made a lasting legacy in the NFL?
            Last edited by LVAllen; 04-26-2020, 12:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by LVAllen View Post
              https://www.si.com/nfl/saints/editor...gn-taysom-hill

Two year contract, $21 million, 16 of it guaranteed.

Congrats, dude. You deserve it.

Also, "Taysom 2.0" and "Tayson Hill clone" descriptions were tossed around for at least 2 signed QBs yesterday. Have Taysom and Saints made a lasting legacy in the NFL?
              Lol that kind of designation "Taysom Hill Clone" is hilarious. He's definitely one of a kind. We thought he was a freak for BYU/NCAA standards, but the NFL hasn't seen a guy like this, either.
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Taysom announces the birth of Beau Nixon Hill.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...irst-child-byu

Early scouting reports that the lad bench presses 35 and squats 115.

Comment

Taysom announces the birth of Beau Nixon Hill.

https://www.deseret.com/sports/2020/...irst-child-byu

Early scouting reports that the lad bench presses 35 and squats 115.
                  How many scholarship offers does he already have?

Comment

• Pretty bad fumble by Taysom. Might be a dagger.
                    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                      Pretty bad fumble by Taysom. Might be a dagger.
                      Social media giveth and social media taketh away. Taysom got killed last night on Twitter. It was bad fumble. The Saints main problem is a terrible defensive backfield. Brees no longer seems able to complete the deep ball- though missing Thomas and not having a receiver who can stretch the field, is a big part of the problem.

Comment

• Taysom with the game tying TD.

Comment

• So I'm guessing this tall glass of haterade didn't age well.

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-coac...011142544.html

Comment

So I'm guessing this tall glass of haterade didn't age well.

https://sports.yahoo.com/saints-coac...011142544.html
                            NFL Twitter is not a fan of Taysom.

Comment

• Taysom is having an awesome game right now. All of the Saints are.
                              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                              - SeattleUte

Comment

• The Taysom Hill Thread

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                                NFL Twitter is not a fan of Taysom.
                                Yes, they do.

Comment

Working...
                                X