The Taysom Hill Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Katy Lied View Post
    They are calling him Thor-terback and Sean Payton's new toy.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans...ed-taysom-hill
    They've been calling him a Thorterback for at least three years. But glad you could get caught up on the phenomenon.

Comment

• https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...mpression=true

On Payton's desk is a yellow legal pad with page after page of offensive plays he has drawn up for this week's opponent. This season, Payton began designing plays for Hill on that pad. If Hill had the versatility to cover kicks, Payton thought, he should have the versatility to contribute on offense.
      "Man," Payton says, "he's fun to coach."
      When Hill enters the game as an "F," or receiving tight end, it's part of a personnel package called BYU. If he comes in the game as a quarterback, the personnel package is called Cougar.
      "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
      - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Big blocked punt for Taysom against the Bucs today.
        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• despite the blocked punt, it seems like they are using him less almost week to week. kamara even returned kicks yesterday.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

• He also drew a double team penalty on a kickoff that I've never seen called before. Kind of an odd call, but that's how badass he is. Turned a decent return to the 30 into field position at the 10.

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              despite the blocked punt, it seems like they are using him less almost week to week. kamara even returned kicks yesterday.
              Unless Payton trusts him to throw the ball it seems like his offensive utility will be pretty limited. A play like this would be perfect for him.

Comment

• Originally posted by YOhio View Post
                He also drew a double team penalty on a kickoff that I've never seen called before. Kind of an odd call, but that's how badass he is. Turned a decent return to the 30 into field position at the 10.
                New rule and point of emphasis this year. Seen it a few times.
                "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                -Turtle
                sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                  despite the blocked punt, it seems like they are using him less almost week to week. kamara even returned kicks yesterday.
                  He was definitely used from scrimmage less this week. But he was on the field a ton last week against Dallas, and had several plays called for him. Dallas was ready for each one.

This week he was in at QB for a 2pt conversión attempt in the 4th q, and TB had to call a time-out to adjust. After the timeout, NO came back with Brees under center.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• That punt block was awesome. Am I a fanboy or is that the best punt block I've ever seen? Anyway, I digress... that punter was helpless to do anything but kick it right into Taysom's belly.

OMG... that's straight out of Waterboy.
                    Last edited by Commando; 12-10-2018, 09:25 AM.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• there have been 13 blocked punts this season. 19 teams have not had a punt blocked. it is rare and very hard to do. the fact Taysom has one of those 13 is crazy.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• He's threatened to have a couple more, too. He just has that kind of explosiveness to stand out on special teams... which is why he was so dangerous behind center-- especially during broken plays.
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                          That punt block was awesome. Am I a fanboy or is that the best punt block I've ever seen? Anyway, I digress... that punter was helpless to do anything but kick it right into Taysom's belly.

Comment

• Originally posted by SCcoug View Post
                            ha! that is great.
                            I'm like LeBron James.
                            -mpfunk

Comment

• lol. I mean upon review I noticed that Taysom smacked it down with his arms...

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                                lol. I mean upon review I noticed that Taysom smacked it down with his arms...
                                give taysom my "biceps", that punt travels 50 yards.
                                I'm like LeBron James.
                                -mpfunk

Comment

Working...
                                X