No announcement yet.

The Taysom Hill Thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just curious... how did you happen to land on the Australian version of espn?

Comment

• Originally posted by mtnbiker View Post
      Just curious... how did you happen to land on the Australian version of espn?
      Twitter. Maybe from Johnny Linehan.
      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

• Taysom gets his first NFL TD.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
          Taysom gets his first NFL TD.
          He played a few other snaps at quarterback as well, getting at least a couple 1st downs on 3rd and short. He also attempted to get in the endzone on 2nd and goal on an earlier possession. Sadly, its results reminded me of a certain failed 2-point conversion attempt against Utah.

He's also getting a lot of snaps as an H-back. At least one of the other touchdowns the Saints scored was one in which he went into motion as a decoy. I didn't listen to the announcers much, but after his first carry, they ran a little video package of Taysom from his BYU days. They referred to him a few different times as a "Swiss Army knife".
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post
            He played a few other snaps at quarterback as well, getting at least a couple 1st downs on 3rd and short. He also attempted to get in the endzone on 2nd and goal on an earlier possession. Sadly, its results reminded me of a certain failed 2-point conversion attempt against Utah.

He's also getting a lot of snaps as an H-back. At least one of the other touchdowns the Saints scored was one in which he went into motion as a decoy. I didn't listen to the announcers much, but after his first carry, they ran a little video package of Taysom from his BYU days. They referred to him a few different times as a "Swiss Army knife".
            so he failed to get in the end zone once or twice (i only remember one time specifically - a called run from about the 7 and he got to the 2), but the most reminiscent to the failed 2 point conversion vs Utah was an actual failed 2 point conversion where he was stuffed at about the 1 yard line.
            I'm like LeBron James.
            -mpfunk

Comment

• Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
              so he failed to get in the end zone once or twice (i only remember one time specifically - a called run from about the 7 and he got to the 2), but the most reminiscent to the failed 2 point conversion vs Utah was an actual failed 2 point conversion where he was stuffed at about the 1 yard line.
              You're right - I just remember being traumatized since the play looked so similar to the play against Utah.
              "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
              - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Pelado View Post

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
                Guys! Guys! Quit arguing about which failed Taysom run is most reminiscent of his Utah failure(s)! Sheesh! They ALL remind us of that blessed event.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
                  Guys! Guys! Quit arguing about which failed Taysom run is most reminiscent of his Utah failure(s)! Sheesh! They ALL remind us of that blessed event.
                  just keeping each other honest! #stackedbox
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• Taysom is basically Rudy. When Coach Warren says "The greatest value to us is we don't care whether you get hurt"

That's Taysom for the Saints. Use him in Wildcat situations and teams have to respect his arm (sort of) which allows for an additional blocker. He can return kicks and save Kamara, Thomas and the other guys more valuable from doing it. Put him in as a third tight end so he can take punishment around the goal line. The reality is if he gets hurt, this team doesn't suffer one bit.
                    *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                      Taysom is basically Rudy. When Coach Warren says "The greatest value to us is we don't care whether you get hurt"

That's Taysom for the Saints. Use him in Wildcat situations and teams have to respect his arm (sort of) which allows for an additional blocker. He can return kicks and save Kamara, Thomas and the other guys more valuable from doing it. Put him in as a third tight end so he can take punishment around the goal line. The reality is if he gets hurt, this team doesn't suffer one bit.
                      i had the same thought watching last night. they are essentially just beating the hell out of him. and you didn't even mention kickoff coverage and punts.
                      I'm like LeBron James.
                      -mpfunk

Comment

• lol. And Taysom's 100% cool with that...
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                          Taysom is basically Rudy. When Coach Warren says "The greatest value to us is we don't care whether you get hurt"

Exactly. If Rudy ran a 4.4 40, could squat 600 pounds and is chiseled like a greek God, then Taysom Hill would totally be like Rudy.

In reality, your point is 100% on and Taysom is a guy who is willing to do whatever, has freak athleticism, has nothing to lose (except his health) and has a unique enough skill set (he can run like a RB, is physically built like a LB and can actually throw the ball with some accuracy that you can do/try some interesting things. Most guys like that you'd put a premium on, because they're so rare. But he's made of glass, so you can't rely on him for the long haul. But while you get him, use him however you want/can and enjoy it while it lasts.

Comment

• Rudy and Taysom are also both Mormon.
                            "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                              Rudy and Taysom are also both Mormon.
                              Members of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.

Comment

• "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Working...
                                X