Page 57 of 57 FirstFirst ... 747555657
Results 1,681 to 1,709 of 1709

Thread: The Taysom Hill Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Katy Lied View Post
    They are calling him Thor-terback and Sean Payton's new toy.

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-orleans...ed-taysom-hill
    They've been calling him a Thorterback for at least three years. But glad you could get caught up on the phenomenon.

https://syndication.bleacherreport.c...mpression=true

On Payton's desk is a yellow legal pad with page after page of offensive plays he has drawn up for this week's opponent. This season, Payton began designing plays for Hill on that pad. If Hill had the versatility to cover kicks, Payton thought, he should have the versatility to contribute on offense.
    "Man," Payton says, "he's fun to coach."
    When Hill enters the game as an "F," or receiving tight end, it's part of a personnel package called BYU. If he comes in the game as a quarterback, the personnel package is called Cougar.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Big blocked punt for Taysom against the Bucs today.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

despite the blocked punt, it seems like they are using him less almost week to week. kamara even returned kicks yesterday.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

He also drew a double team penalty on a kickoff that I've never seen called before. Kind of an odd call, but that's how badass he is. Turned a decent return to the 30 into field position at the 10.

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    despite the blocked punt, it seems like they are using him less almost week to week. kamara even returned kicks yesterday.
    Unless Payton trusts him to throw the ball it seems like his offensive utility will be pretty limited. A play like this would be perfect for him.

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    He also drew a double team penalty on a kickoff that I've never seen called before. Kind of an odd call, but that's how badass he is. Turned a decent return to the 30 into field position at the 10.
    New rule and point of emphasis this year. Seen it a few times.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    He was definitely used from scrimmage less this week. But he was on the field a ton last week against Dallas, and had several plays called for him. Dallas was ready for each one.

This week he was in at QB for a 2pt conversión attempt in the 4th q, and TB had to call a time-out to adjust. After the timeout, NO came back with Brees under center.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

That punt block was awesome. Am I a fanboy or is that the best punt block I've ever seen? Anyway, I digress... that punter was helpless to do anything but kick it right into Taysom's belly.

Last edited by Commando; 12-10-2018 at 10:25 AM.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

there have been 13 blocked punts this season. 19 teams have not had a punt blocked. it is rare and very hard to do. the fact Taysom has one of those 13 is crazy.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

He's threatened to have a couple more, too. He just has that kind of explosiveness to stand out on special teams... which is why he was so dangerous behind center-- especially during broken plays.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    That punt block was awesome. Am I a fanboy or is that the best punt block I've ever seen? Anyway, I digress... that punter was helpless to do anything but kick it right into Taysom's belly.

Quote Originally Posted by SCcoug View Post

ha! that is great.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

lol. I mean upon review I noticed that Taysom smacked it down with his arms...

lol. I mean upon review I noticed that Taysom smacked it down with his arms...
    give taysom my "biceps", that punt travels 50 yards.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

Taysom Hill, always reppin' the Y, er, the Saints.

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    Taysom Hill, always reppin' the Y, er, the Saints South.

FIFY

FIFY
    Heh, I just assumed.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Who is the lady interviewing him with the microphone and wearing a superbowl ring?

Who is the lady interviewing him with the microphone and wearing a superbowl ring?
    I'm not sure.

Janice

Quote Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
    yeah, he's an idiot. injuries, not byu, were the problem.
    I'm like LeBron James.
    -mpfunk

ESAD, Tebow.

tebow can SAD.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPiney View Post
    tebow can SAD.
    How do you know?
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    How do you know?
    Don't ask don't tell

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    How do you know?
    I'd suggest that even since Tebow left, Urban hasn't quite been the same is good evidence...

BYU Delenda Est Mormon Red Death's Avatar
    the Planet Lovetron, bringing funkiness to all over the world

Quote Originally Posted by Sizzle View Post
    I'd suggest that even since Tebow left, Urban hasn't quite been the same is good evidence...

He did win a national championship at osu
    "Be a philosopher. A man can compromise to gain a point. It has become apparent that a man can, within limits, follow his inclinations within the arms of the Church if he does so discreetly." - The Walking Drum

"And here’s what life comes down to—not how many years you live, but how many of those years are filled with bullshit that doesn’t amount to anything to satisfy the requirements of some dickhead you’ll never get the pleasure of punching in the face." – Adam Carolla