Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna see that! The official "doesn't merit its own thread" movie trailer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Green Monstah View Post
    Boyhood is getting sick reviews. It looks intriguing.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...hlight=Boyhood
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Looks interesting. Elder Bednar supposedly gave it two thumbs up...

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
      "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
      - SeattleUte

Comment

I've had interest in this since it premiered at Sundance and seemed to be the buzziest film at this year's festival. Opens this weekend.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/whiplash_2014/

So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
          I've had interest in this since it premiered at Sundance and seemed to be the buzziest film at this year's festival. Opens this weekend.

http://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/whiplash_2014/

Looks really dumb.
          *Banned*

Comment

What about this Miles Teller powerhouse?

Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Who knew that Glen Beck was making movies?

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...251335&fref=nf
              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

James Cameron is trying to one-up (or three-up) Peter Jackson:

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/new...-sequel-763573
                "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                - SeattleUte

Comment

No trailer, but it fits the "I want to see it" category. Jared Hess working on this movie:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3534282/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Biblical archaeologist Don Verdean is hired by a local church pastor to find faith-promoting relics in the Holy Land. But after a fruitless expedition he is forced to get creative in this comedy of faith and fraud.
                  Sounds like a great plot idea.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I'm not at all a fan of vampire movies, and the vampire parodies (e.g., Love at First Bite, Dead and Loving It, etc.) have been pretty weak. But I may go see What We Do in the Shadows, a movie written and directed by Jemaine (Flight of the Conchords) Clement. Our NYC daughter went to a private showing last week and Jemaine did a Q&A afterwards that, like the movie apparently, was very funny, or so she claims.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      I'm not at all a fan of vampire movies, and the vampire parodies (e.g., Love at First Bite, Dead and Loving It, etc.) have been pretty weak. But I may go see What We Do in the Shadows, a movie written and directed by Jemaine (Flight of the Conchords) Clement. Our NYC daughter went to a private showing last week and Jemaine did a Q&A afterwards that, like the movie apparently, was very funny, or so she claims.

It's not perfect, but it's definitely worth seeing. Probably the funniest movie I've seen since In the Loop.

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post

I contributed to their Kickstarter to get the movies in U.S. theaters. I guess I get a T shirt and a DVD or something. :rockon1: You're welcome!
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Comment

I loved the book. Hope the movie is good.

Comment

I still have a hard time seeing Jeff Daniels in a serious role.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                                I still have a hard time seeing Jeff Daniels in a serious role.
                                uh his moving performance in fly away home was pretty serious
                                Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

Working...
                                X