Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna see that! The official "doesn't merit its own thread" movie trailer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This looks like the scariest Halloween yet!... No way in hell am I see that.

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/ne...t-sabo-1153715
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm not ashamed to admit that I'm excited for this one. My son is more excited though.

As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
      --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Deadpool plays Pikachu. Okay.
        You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
        Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
        You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• High odds that this will turn out badly. But I'll still watch it:

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
          "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
          - SeattleUte

Comment

• WHAAAAAA?!?

"...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Whoa!!!
              "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
              "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
              "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I think it's a tease for commercial to be shown during the Super Bowl. I'd love to be surprised with more than that.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  I think it's a tease for commercial to be shown during the Super Bowl. I'd love to be surprised with more than that.
                  Boo!
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                    I think it's a tease for commercial to be shown during the Super Bowl. I'd love to be surprised with more than that.
                    Looks like it's even more lame than that:

C'mon Dude. Not cool.
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Ah. That sucks.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                        Looks like it's even more lame than that:

C'mon Dude. Not cool.
                        Wow, what a sell out.

Comment

• My history teacher daughter picked up tickets for us to go to They Shall Not Grow Old last week.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7905466/

WWI documentary that Peter Jackson directed - inspired by having a grandfather and uncles who fought in the war to end all wars.

What a great film. At the end of the film, there was commentary by Jackson that was fascinating.

They used recorded interviews with actual vets from an archive in Britain done years ago to provide most of the commentary. They have a mix of still shots and film, and wanted to bring the film to life, so they hired professional lip readers to figure out what the different soldiers were saying in the silent film they had, and added voice over. Amazing. For one segment, there is an extended speech, so they figured out which unit it was from the uniforms and then when into unit archives to find the speech that was being read to the mean preparing for battle.

Jackson describes his own interest coming from hearing about his grandfather - but I didn't realize just how much of a history buff he was or how deep he was into this. He talked about wanting to match the colors of the uniforms as they went about colorizing the film - and he happened to have a bunch of uniforms he had collected for them to use. Or he went to the actual sites where the film was made and took photos for the colorizers to match the backgrounds.

They wanted to add in sound as well - I've mentioned the speech already. But he wanted to include some of the sound effects. They've got shots of soldiers loading and firing artillery cannons. So he says that he happened to have a couple of artillery cannons at home "like you do", which they used to record the sound of the breeches opening and closing as ammunition is loaded. Say what? "Like you do?"

And I love that at the end he refers to the number of soldiers who participated in the war and states that one of his primary purposes is to pique the interest of others - stating that everyone has someone within their family history who was involved and he hopes that we will go and search out their stories.

Excellent movie - unfortunately with a limited release.

Comment

• Originally posted by Eddie View Post
                            My history teacher daughter picked up tickets for us to go to They Shall Not Grow Old last week.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7905466/

WWI documentary that Peter Jackson directed - inspired by having a grandfather and uncles who fought in the war to end all wars.

What a great film. At the end of the film, there was commentary by Jackson that was fascinating.

They used recorded interviews with actual vets from an archive in Britain done years ago to provide most of the commentary. They have a mix of still shots and film, and wanted to bring the film to life, so they hired professional lip readers to figure out what the different soldiers were saying in the silent film they had, and added voice over. Amazing. For one segment, there is an extended speech, so they figured out which unit it was from the uniforms and then when into unit archives to find the speech that was being read to the mean preparing for battle.

Jackson describes his own interest coming from hearing about his grandfather - but I didn't realize just how much of a history buff he was or how deep he was into this. He talked about wanting to match the colors of the uniforms as they went about colorizing the film - and he happened to have a bunch of uniforms he had collected for them to use. Or he went to the actual sites where the film was made and took photos for the colorizers to match the backgrounds.

They wanted to add in sound as well - I've mentioned the speech already. But he wanted to include some of the sound effects. They've got shots of soldiers loading and firing artillery cannons. So he says that he happened to have a couple of artillery cannons at home "like you do", which they used to record the sound of the breeches opening and closing as ammunition is loaded. Say what? "Like you do?"

And I love that at the end he refers to the number of soldiers who participated in the war and states that one of his primary purposes is to pique the interest of others - stating that everyone has someone within their family history who was involved and he hopes that we will go and search out their stories.

Excellent movie - unfortunately with a limited release.
                            Bro...you are missing out on some fantastic reviews about this in the "Last movie I saw" thread.

Comment

• Originally posted by The_Tick View Post
                              Bro...you are missing out on some fantastic reviews about this in the "Last movie I saw" thread.
                              Sheesh - I'm always dropping stuff in the wrong place. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

• May 10, 2019.

As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X