Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: I wanna see that! The official "doesn't merit its own thread" movie trailer thread

Default I wanna see that! The official "doesn't merit its own thread" movie trailer thread

This trailer probably isn't worthy of being the first post in this thread, but it's the most recent trailer that has piqued my interest. As a lover of horror movies, I'm always interested to see the turns the genre takes. Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity had major success with the first-person camera bit, and this new flick looks to take the step a bit further: 6 different stories filmed by 6 different directors. The main story arc is directed by one person, and then 5 other "found footage" shorts were directed separately and are incorporated into the main story arc.

I'm definitely intrigued.

[YOUTUBE]MmLh4NUu6E4[/YOUTUBE]
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

[YOUTUBE]H9ZTP2k0DRc[/YOUTUBE]

that VHS movie looks scary as sheet. I saw the preview before Abe Lincoln:Vampire Hunter and it seems these movies are getting scarier all the time. Or maybe the trailers are.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

I went to high school with this kid.

[YOUTUBE]EkfHHL4AOUM[/YOUTUBE]
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Watching that trailer, I thought "that chick kinda looks like an uglier Mischa Barton."
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Movie 43. I can't tell if this movie is a parody or just a strange movie. But it looks funny.

Spoiler for Red Band Trailer:
    [YOUTUBE]6VneW1vtcWY[/YOUTUBE]
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Default Future Films to Flaunt

Since the little monkeys at home keep me from seeing man movies in the theater, I miss plenty of the trailers for future films. I thought this could be a good singular thread for people to share trailers for upcoming movies. Preferably for ones that seem good.

I'll start with The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. This trailer seems to be getting some hype, even being called the best trailer in years. I'm not going to give it that much credit but maybe it's the fact that there is very little dialog, maybe it's the Of Monster and Men music but the premise seems interesting enough. I'm probably holding hope that this is Ben Stiller's coming out role as a serious actor. Adam Sandler had Punch, Drunk, Love, Jim Carey had Eternal Sunshine and I guess Truman Show before that, and Will Ferrell had Stranger Than Fiction. All pretty solid efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    Since the little monkeys at home keep me from seeing man movies in the theater, I miss plenty of the trailers for future films. I thought this could be a good singular thread for people to share trailers for upcoming movies. Preferably for ones that seem good.

I'll start with The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. This trailer seems to be getting some hype, even being called the best trailer in years. I'm not going to give it that much credit but maybe it's the fact that there is very little dialog, maybe it's the Of Monster and Men music but the premise seems interesting enough. I'm probably holding hope that this is Ben Stiller's coming out role as a serious actor. Adam Sandler had Punch, Drunk, Love, Jim Carey had Eternal Sunshine and I guess Truman Show before that, and Will Ferrell had Stranger Than Fiction. All pretty solid efforts.

These days I sort of hate trailers as a whole. Most of them give away major plot points, which lessens my enjoyment of the film if I choose to watch it.

Tell me who's directing, who's starring, what the basic premise is, and let me decide.

Based on a David Sedaris short story, C.O.G. seems to have some real potential.

It doesn't look anything like the short story. Kinda interesting that mundane Mitty reads Thrasher and Slap.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

While your alliteration skills abound, your search skills have been weighed and measured and found wanting.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...trailer-thread

Amazing! Seems like very little correlation these days between the quality of a movie and its trailer, but that is a great, great trailer.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    While your alliteration skills abound, your search skills have been weighed and measured and found wanting.

Ahhhh crap. I searched. I swear I did. If any of you magicians want to melt this into Donut's hole other thread, let it be done.

Grooveshark dick tease MarkGrace's Avatar

That is a great trailer. I was surprised to see Stiller is directing as well. Some of the shots looked very, IDK, not what I'd expect from Ben Stiller behind the camera. ha.
    So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    That is a great trailer. I was surprised to see Stiller is directing as well. Some of the shots looked very, IDK, not what I'd expect from Ben Stiller behind the camera. ha.

I agree. They almost felt a little Wes Andersonish, sans kitsch.

Ahhhh crap. I searched. I swear I did. If any of you magicians want to melt this into Donut's hole other thread, let it be done.
    merged.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    merged.
    Thank you Merlin.

I saw this at Sundance. It was hilarious and bizarre. The protagonists make you like them and then really put you off hard. It makes your innards churn a little but I really enjoyed it.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

I love Sedaris. Can't wait.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

That Ben Stiller trailer looks pretty Night at the Museumish. Not impressed so far. Unless you tell me Ricky Gervais is in it.

You know which trailer is awesome? The one for that new doc about Salinger. In fact, it is so awesome that I was telling my buddy the other day that there's no way the documentary itself could be as interesting and exciting as the trailer seemed to suggest. Sure enough looks like the reviews have not been very good.

Semper infra dignitatem PaloAltoCougar's Avatar

This week or next Short Game will be released. It's about seven-year-old golfers competing in national tournaments. From the preview, it's apparent most of the kids have better swings than those witnessed at South Mountain a couple of weeks ago.

Three of the featured kids will be on Jimmy Fallon tonight and the four of them will have a chipping contest.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    cormac mccarthy screenplay, pitt, fassbender, and javier bardem? notwithstanding cameron diaz, i'm excited for this:

Definitely deserves its own thread. Maybe even a third.

shit. i am not a smart man, but i blame it on the new search function.
    Last edited by old_gregg; 10-17-2013 at 08:56 AM.
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkGrace View Post
    You know which trailer is awesome? The one for that new doc about Salinger. In fact, it is so awesome that I was telling my buddy the other day that there's no way the documentary itself could be as interesting and exciting as the trailer seemed to suggest. Sure enough looks like the reviews have not been very good.
    btw, this is streaming on Netflix right now.

Wes Anderson probably deserves his own thread, not a bunch of scattered threads each time he comes out with a new movie film.

The Grand Budapest looks to be pure Anderson.

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post

Dwight's title is much better, just being honest. I suggest that with the merged threads that we adopt the superior title.
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Although not a real film, this SNL spoof of a Wes Anderson film is pretty good.

http://www.hulu.com/watch/550566

Elliott Smith Documentary - Heaven Adores You

Boyhood is getting sick reviews. It looks intriguing.

Last edited by Green Monstah; 08-19-2014 at 09:09 AM.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson