Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna see that! The official "doesn't merit its own thread" movie trailer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I wanna see that! The official "doesn't merit its own thread" movie trailer thread

This trailer probably isn't worthy of being the first post in this thread, but it's the most recent trailer that has piqued my interest. As a lover of horror movies, I'm always interested to see the turns the genre takes. Blair Witch and Paranormal Activity had major success with the first-person camera bit, and this new flick looks to take the step a bit further: 6 different stories filmed by 6 different directors. The main story arc is directed by one person, and then 5 other "found footage" shorts were directed separately and are incorporated into the main story arc.

I'm definitely intrigued.

[YOUTUBE]MmLh4NUu6E4[/YOUTUBE]
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

[YOUTUBE]H9ZTP2k0DRc[/YOUTUBE]

Comment

that VHS movie looks scary as sheet. I saw the preview before Abe Lincoln:Vampire Hunter and it seems these movies are getting scarier all the time. Or maybe the trailers are.
      "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

I went to high school with this kid.

[YOUTUBE]EkfHHL4AOUM[/YOUTUBE]
        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Watching that trailer, I thought "that chick kinda looks like an uglier Mischa Barton."
          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Movie 43. I can't tell if this movie is a parody or just a strange movie. But it looks funny.

Spoiler for Red Band Trailer:
            [YOUTUBE]6VneW1vtcWY[/YOUTUBE]
            Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Future Films to Flaunt

Since the little monkeys at home keep me from seeing man movies in the theater, I miss plenty of the trailers for future films. I thought this could be a good singular thread for people to share trailers for upcoming movies. Preferably for ones that seem good.

I'll start with The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. This trailer seems to be getting some hype, even being called the best trailer in years. I'm not going to give it that much credit but maybe it's the fact that there is very little dialog, maybe it's the Of Monster and Men music but the premise seems interesting enough. I'm probably holding hope that this is Ben Stiller's coming out role as a serious actor. Adam Sandler had Punch, Drunk, Love, Jim Carey had Eternal Sunshine and I guess Truman Show before that, and Will Ferrell had Stranger Than Fiction. All pretty solid efforts.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                Since the little monkeys at home keep me from seeing man movies in the theater, I miss plenty of the trailers for future films. I thought this could be a good singular thread for people to share trailers for upcoming movies. Preferably for ones that seem good.

I'll start with The Secret Life of Walter Mitty. This trailer seems to be getting some hype, even being called the best trailer in years. I'm not going to give it that much credit but maybe it's the fact that there is very little dialog, maybe it's the Of Monster and Men music but the premise seems interesting enough. I'm probably holding hope that this is Ben Stiller's coming out role as a serious actor. Adam Sandler had Punch, Drunk, Love, Jim Carey had Eternal Sunshine and I guess Truman Show before that, and Will Ferrell had Stranger Than Fiction. All pretty solid efforts.

These days I sort of hate trailers as a whole. Most of them give away major plot points, which lessens my enjoyment of the film if I choose to watch it.

Tell me who's directing, who's starring, what the basic premise is, and let me decide.

Comment

Based on a David Sedaris short story, C.O.G. seems to have some real potential.

Comment

It doesn't look anything like the short story. Kinda interesting that mundane Mitty reads Thrasher and Slap.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

While your alliteration skills abound, your search skills have been weighed and measured and found wanting.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...trailer-thread

Comment

Amazing! Seems like very little correlation these days between the quality of a movie and its trailer, but that is a great, great trailer.

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                          While your alliteration skills abound, your search skills have been weighed and measured and found wanting.

http://www.cougarstadium.com/showthr...trailer-thread
                          Ahhhh crap. I searched. I swear I did. If any of you magicians want to melt this into Donut's hole other thread, let it be done.

Comment

That is a great trailer. I was surprised to see Stiller is directing as well. Some of the shots looked very, IDK, not what I'd expect from Ben Stiller behind the camera. ha.
                            So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
                              That is a great trailer. I was surprised to see Stiller is directing as well. Some of the shots looked very, IDK, not what I'd expect from Ben Stiller behind the camera. ha.

I agree. They almost felt a little Wes Andersonish, sans kitsch.

Comment

Working...
                              X