Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I wanna see that! The official "doesn't merit its own thread" movie trailer thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
    No one past posted the Top Gun: Maverick trailer yet?

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• https://youtu.be/-VLEPhfEN2M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
        https://youtu.be/-VLEPhfEN2M

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I'm going to be one of those guys who pays to see that in the theatre. Hopefully Scorsese doesn't gum up all the gangster film tropes he pioneered and win another Best Picture.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Yeah, I'm very cautiously optimistic about this one. Three actors in the twilight of their careers, doing the one type of character that made them famous? This could make the rat on the balcony scene look subtle in comparison!

The potential of a letdown is very real, folks.
              "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
              "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
              - SeattleUte

Comment

• I’m excited for the Irishman. I used to work with a guy who had been the president of a teamster local on the East Coast, post-Hoffa Sr. He had interesting things to say.

If this movie is based on the book, “I heard you Paint Houses,” that was the his guess on what was most accurate.

Comment

• I don't know if I want to see this or not...

It is about elite liberals hunting “deplorables” for sport so some of you here might like it:

Hollywood blockbuster that satirizes killing of ‘deplorables’ causes outrage: ‘Demented and evil’

A controversial movie about privileged vacationers hunting “deplorables” for sport is ruffling feathers more than a month before its scheduled release and after tragic mass shootings in El Paso, Texas and Dayton, Ohio.

“The Hunt” is billed as a satire that follows wealthy thrill-seekers taking a private jet to a five-star resort where they embark on a “deeply rewarding” expedition that involves hunting down and killing designated humans. The Hollywood Reporter reported on Tuesday that “Universal is re-evaluating its strategy for the certain-to-be-controversial satire" following the shootings after ESPN reportedly pulled a trailer for the film that had been previously cleared to air on the sports network.

“The violent, R-rated film from producer Jason Blum's Blumhouse follows a dozen MAGA types who wake up in a clearing and realize they are being stalked for sport by elite liberals,” THR’s Kim Masters wrote. “It features guns blazing along with other ultra-violent killings as the elites pick off their prey.”
                  [...]
                  https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ie-deplorables
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    I don't know if I want to see this or not...

It is about elite liberals hunting “deplorables” for sport so some of you here might like it:

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainmen...ie-deplorables
                    lol that looks absolutely terrible.
                    Last edited by Commando; 08-08-2019, 03:45 AM.
                    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      lol that looks absolutely terrible.
                      I love that lady in Netflix’s “GLOW”. Glad to see she is getting more work from it.
                      "Friendship is the grand fundamental principle of Mormonism" - Joseph Smith Jr.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                        Because we don't have a "I Don't Wanna See That!" thread, I'll post this here. Before seeing the trailer, I would have thought I'd be willing to go if I were paid $50 and the popcorn were guaranteed to be good. But after seeing this, my price probably tripled. Great cast and production staff, big budget...clearly a case where the whole is much less than the sum of its parts.

Apologies to those who loved Cats, but re-seeing a bunch of people in fur slinking around like cats for two hours would be hellish for me. I felt that way during the Broadway production and this looks even worse. My marriage may be in for a stern test.

So the cat is out of the bag--the movie appears to meet everyone's expectations (currently at 19% on Rotten Tomatoes, although those who loved the musical seem pleased by the movie). If you want a few quick, cheap laughs, read the summary statements from RT's Top Critics here.

Comment

• If there is anything that will pull me out of quarantine, it is the movie Tenet. What's not to like? The trippy scifi plot a la Inception, the international scenes from seven different countries, the tortuous logic of time travel, written and directed by Christopher Nolan, actress Elizabeth Debicky, and starring John David Washington-- the son of Denzel that I absolutely love in the HBO series Ballers.

The only disappointment is Kenneth Branagh as Russian mafiosi, who looks like he stepped out of the frames of Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit right into this movie, with no change of any kind to his acting style.

Rumors abound that the movie moves forward through time, and then moves backwards through time. And the name hints at this, with Tenet spelled the same forward as backward.

For Nolan fanboys, google this detailed look at the Tenet trailer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5uShcH_3NB4

I would have embedded the video, but apparently only one per post is allowed.
                          Last edited by Katy Lied; 08-24-2020, 12:17 PM.

Comment

• I am in. Looks awesome.
                            Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Originally posted by Flystripper View Post
                              I am in. Looks awesome.
                              I am in as well, but I would say it looks confusing. But Nolan has earned the benefit of the doubt at this point.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I know many of you are tired of the superhero genre, but I'm a Batman guy and this made me very excited.

Comment

Working...
                                X