Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: I formally request asylum.

Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Multi-quote button. It is the middle one at the bottom right of each message. Click it on each message you want to quote, then hit reply.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Welcome, Bo!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant SoCalCoug's Avatar

My brother is also active duty Utah Army National Guard with an engineering unit - are you in Afghanistan? My brother was deployed a few months ago.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

"Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." ó Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

"Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

like taking long walks on the beach
    Bells going off here... But...

We are so happy you joined us!!!!! Welcome.. Stick around..

I have not yet received a question and I've been here most of the summer.
    Will donate kidney for B12 membership.

Welcome Bo. Love the avatar.

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
    My brother is also active duty Utah Army National Guard with an engineering unit - are you in Afghanistan? My brother was deployed a few months ago.
    I was in that unit a year ago. I'll send you a PM.

Hey thanks everyone. The more I read over here, the better I like this site.

Quote Originally Posted by DU Ute View Post
    Nice to have another 12 Bravo on the board, even if you are a BYU fan.
    "1800. Combat Engineer, You go out and find mines!"

Two grunts with a shovel, ewww, luckily this placed is graced with a couple of real live CAVALRYMEN TO MAKE SHIT HAPPEN!
    Do Your Damnedest In An Ostentatious Manner All The Time!
    -General George S. Patton

I'm choosing to mostly ignore your fatuity here and instead overwhelm you with so much data that you'll maybe, just maybe, realize that you have reams to read on this subject before you can contribute meaningfully to any conversation on this topic.
    -DOCTOR Wuap

Quote Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
    "1800. Combat Engineer, You go out and find mines!"

Two grunts with a shovel, ewww, luckily this placed is graced with a couple of real live CAVALRYMEN TO MAKE SHIT HAPPEN!
    Geez - Cavarlymen, they all think they are George Armstrong Custer reincarnated
    Last edited by happyone; 09-12-2012 at 08:13 PM.

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post
    You'll get a question once you prove you're going to actually stick around.
    It's been a month since he's posted, and I never did get a question from him. Sheriff, I need an irony ruling

Quote Originally Posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    It's been a month since he's posted, and I never did get a question from him. Sheriff, I need an irony ruling
    Dammit... I miss Wuap.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Not irony.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Not irony.
    Merriam-Webster:
    incongruity between the actual result of a sequence of events and the normal or expected result
    I think this is sometimes called situational irony. The long-time poster is skeptical that the new-comer will stay is outlived by the newcomer.

Default I formally request asylum.

Merriam-Webster:

I think this is sometimes called situational irony. The long-time poster is skeptical that the new-comer will stay is outlived by the newcomer.
    No he just forgot to do the question. Also I think he will be back. He is on his annual summer epic journey.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

No he just forgot to do the question. Also I think he will be back. He is on his annual summer epic journey.

Looking back... I'm glad you stuck around. I consider you a good friend that I've never met.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
    -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Iím scheduled to bird with him next month. Iíll keep you updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Looking back... I'm glad you stuck around. I consider you a good friend that I've never met.

Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    I can agree with this

thnx for staying with us Mr. Diddley

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    I can agree with this

thnx for staying with us Mr. Diddley

Quote Originally Posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
    I’m scheduled to bird with him next month. I’ll keep you updated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    You need to tell me which date, man. I'm very much looking forward to it, but I don't know when to come.

I was in Canada and Maine and I needed a break from Mormons. I'm home for a few weeks until we go to the mothership.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

You need to tell me which date, man. I'm very much looking forward to it, but I don't know when to come.

I was in Canada and Maine and I needed a break from Mormons. I'm home for a few weeks until we go to the mothership.
    Let me know if you make it to the central core of the mothership.

Good to see you back, Professor!

Quote Originally Posted by happyone View Post
    Good to see you back, Professor!
    Wuap is back!
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Let me know if you make it to the central core of the mothership.
    Not this trip, but my BiL is moving to Logan, so eventually.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Man, this place has gone downhill. Six years and two pages of replies and nobody points out the irony of someone seeking "asylum" in this madhouse.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Man, this place has gone downhill. Six years and two pages of replies and nobody points out the irony of someone seeking "asylum" in this madhouse.
    I'm sure you know that "irony" is trigger word some here. As such, DDD was the adjudicator. In his absence, the Dude has taken that role as the "New Sheriff".

And to your point I quote The Who. "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."

I'm sure you know that "irony" is trigger word some here. As such, DDD was the adjudicator. In his absence, the Dude has taken that role as the "New Sheriff".

And to your point I quote The Who. "Meet the new boss, same as the old boss."
    Trust me, I get it. It’s like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Trust me, I get it. It’s like ten thousand spoons when all you need is a knife.
    Or like rainieaaaaaaaain on your wedding day...