Care for some Caffeine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lost_Student View Post
    Ha, I should have recognized it. Great song. Maybe if we had some sort of music emoticon?
    :rockon2:

Comment

Originally posted by YOhio View Post
      :rockon2:
      There we go! Wuap, next time use one of these to signal a song. Or this one, I guess:
      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
        For some people I know, this announcement will be treated with the same awe and reverence once accorded the '78 announcement on the priesthood.
        I hope to see it pinned on walls next to the Proclamation on the Family.

Time for another Vanilla Coke Zero.

Comment

Originally posted by NorthwestUteFan View Post
          Can we get a clarification of 'mild barley drink'?

Does alcoholic beverage apply only to distilled spirits as opposed to nature's way of providing a little levity?
          "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Originally posted by Topper View Post
            Does alcoholic beverage apply only to distilled spirits as opposed to nature's way of providing a little levity?
            they don't use the word alcohol in section 89. Just like the word caffeine isn't used either.
            Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
            God forgives many things for an act of mercy
            Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

MJ, who has never tasted caffeine in her life and who cringes when I drink Coke Zero, found this article in her FB newsfeed. I think she's still trying to justify her abstinence on some moral grounds, but it's fading quickly. Granted she hates any kind of pop, but it's still nice to see the internet and social media work its magic of getting the truth out.
              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                MJ, who has never tasted caffeine in her life and who cringes when I drink Coke Zero, found this article in her FB newsfeed. I think she's still trying to justify her abstinence on some moral grounds, but it's fading quickly. Granted she hates any kind of pop, but it's still nice to see the internet and social media work its magic of getting the truth out.
                I went the more direct route and told my wife that members still refusing to acknowledge that this is not doctrine are dumb.
                Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

From the SL Tribune:

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/54...tml.csp?page=1

Part of the confusion stems from LDS Church-owned Brigham Young University, which neither sells nor serves caffeinated drinks.

But BYU spokeswoman Carri Jenkins explains that is "not a university or church decision, but made by dining services, based on what our customers want."

There has not "been a demand for it," Jenkins said Thursday. "We are constantly evaluating what those needs and desires are."
                  No demand for it on campus. Riiiight...
                  "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                  "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                  - SeattleUte

Comment

So, even though Macy's changed their soda of the week from Coke to Sprite on their facebook page, it was announced loudly last night that the soda of the week was in actuality, Coke.

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                      From the SL Tribune:

I believe it. Only the Lord's most select attend BYU and they have no desire for caffeine. Never mind the fact I somehow was a student there.
                      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                        From the SL Tribune:

Jayson of J-Dawgs thinks part of the reason for his success, is the fact that he sells real Coke and Dr. Pepper so close to campus.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                          Jayson of J-Dawgs thinks part of the reason for his success, is the fact that he sells real Coke and Dr. Pepper so close to campus.

Right next to a market, gas station, and several other restaurants that do the same thing.
                          "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post

Right next to a market, gas station, and several other restaurants that do the same thing.
                            But those require 20 or so more feet of walking.
                            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                              His success is in the JDawg secret sauce....that stuff is good!
                              "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                                His success is in the JDawg secret sauce....that stuff is good!
                                Funny Story: We just had a baby, and JDawgs mother makes a meal for our family, that contained the "secret sauce." My wife call up to say thanks, and asks for the recipe. "Nope, it's a family secret."

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                                -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Working...
                                X