No announcement yet.

Being reactivated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

this is one of the reasons still attend fairly regularly.
    Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
    God forgives many things for an act of mercy
    Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
      The ultimate subversive response would be to immediately be 100% active, ask for a challenging calling and increasing your fast offering contributions to two days' worth of food.

It will blow their effing minds.
      I don't get it. Why would that be subversive? My posts on CUF are subversive. In scientology lingo, I would be what is termed a suppresive person.

What you're proposing is not subversive at all.
      That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

Originally posted by pellegrino View Post
        this is one of the reasons still attend fairly regularly.
        I do think we have mastered the art of attending just enough to make them crazy. One of the reasons I still pay tithing is just to mess with their heads.
        That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
          It's a distastful kind of caring that connotes a moral judgment.
          We're all guilty of making moral judgments, so no one is immune, but culturally speaking, we are as guilty as any religious group. Notwithstanding several fantastic examples within the church, we as members hear the repeated messages of kindness, love, and compassionate service and somehow filter that into condemnation and shunning. It's a habit that is reinforced time and again in our culture and it's shameful and embarrassing.
          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
            I do think we have mastered the art of attending just enough to make them crazy. One of the reasons I still pay tithing is just to mess with their heads.
            Hmm. Spite tithing. Never heard that one before.
            τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
              I don't get it. Why would that be subversive? My posts on CUF are subversive. In scientology lingo, I would be what is termed a suppresive person.

What you're proposing is not subversive at all.
              It's not, but Indy's suggestion would lead to a great General Conference talk. Don't you want to be in a General Conference talk? "And there they stood in the living room, embracing as tears ran down their cheeks, as one exclaimed to the other, 'Mein Doktor! Mein Doktor!'"

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                What we're talking about here is the failure to observe the normal boundaries most adults have. Mormonism, with good intentions, encourages people to ignore them.
                Well put. Who else just shows up some evening absent appointment expecting to be received and given an audience?
                When a true genius appears, you can know him by this sign: that all the dunces are in a confederacy against him.

--Jonathan Swift

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                  It's not, but Indy's suggestion would lead to a great General Conference talk. Don't you want to be in a General Conference talk? "And there they stood in the living room, embracing as tears ran down their cheeks, as one exclaimed to the other, 'Mein Doktor! Mein Doktor!'"
                  Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                  God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                  Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                    What we're talking about here is the failure to observe the normal boundaries most adults have. Mormonism, with good intentions, encourages people to ignore them.
                    I don't know what you mean but if you were here I'd give you a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
                    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                      Eyebrows were raised. Heads were scratched. Hearts were touched.
                      τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                        I don't know what you mean but if you were here I'd give you a hug and a kiss on the cheek.
                        Some boundaries should be broken down. I love a manly embrace, as you know.

Comment

Originally posted by SeattleUte View Post
                          Well put. Who else just shows up some evening absent appointment expecting to be received and given an audience?
                          Christ and his 2nd coming, if you believe in such things.
                          "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

GET YOUR ASS BACK TO CHURCH

Comment

I don't care whether SoonerCoug attends church but last week on KSL, there was a special interest piece about two LDS missionaries that were serving in Russia a decade or so ago. These two were kidnapped and held for ransom. All these B-level politicos got involved and eventually the missionaries were released, only slightly harmed. I think they may have been punched or kicked. Anyhow, KSL picked up the trail a decade later to show us how well the elders were doing.

These are the exact types of stories that Soonercoug often invents, so part of me wondered if one of these missionaries was SoonerCoug. However, per the story, the missionaries were able to win over their captors by sharing the gospel and their testimonies with them, so I knew immediately that neither of them was SoonerCoug.
                              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Levin View Post
                                GET YOUR ASS BACK TO CHURCH
                                Just to provide some context for everyone:

Levin, Majo, and I were best friends in high school. We were also co-valedictorians (although I at least one more AP class than the others). Levin is the only one who still goes to church, but I predict his apostasy.

Comment

Working...
                                X