No announcement yet.

Being reactivated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have recently begun showing up at church. I have little shared beliefs but I enjoy feeling the consistency of my upbringing.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking View Post
      I enjoy feeling the consistency of my upbringing.
      [YOUTUBE]diT3FvDHMyo[/YOUTUBE]
      "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

I have recently begun showing up at church. I have little shared beliefs but I enjoy feeling the consistency of my upbringing.
        Have you been texted at 6am yet?
        "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Let us know when the bishop calls you in and tells you how much tithing you should be paying.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
            It was actually while I was AP that it was the highest baptizing mission in Europe.
            You clearly did not overlap with me and my leadership of the mighty, highest-baptizing-in-Europe, portugal lisboa missĂŁo sul...I personally averaged mor baptisms per month for a six month stretch than the losers in missĂŁo Lisboa norte.

Comment

You clearly did not overlap with me and my leadership of the mighty, highest-baptizing-in-Europe, portugal lisboa missĂŁo sul...I personally averaged mor baptisms per month for a six month stretch than the losers in missĂŁo Lisboa norte.
              what years were you in that mission? one of my best friends served there. He also spent time in Cabo Verde.
              Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Just to provide some context for everyone:

Levin, Majo, and I were best friends in high school. We were also co-valedictorians (although I at least one more AP class than the others). Levin is the only one who still goes to church, but I predict his apostasy.
                99.99% sure that's never gonna happen. Can't deny the truthfulness of the Book of Mormon.

Comment

A bit off topic but I find it strange that so many inactives or apostates talk about their mission performances so many years later. I'm not limiting that to CUF nor am I picking on just the two of you by the way.

In my experiences with apostate siblings and friends it seems to be a recurring theme; whether it's recounting the number of baptisms they had or how strictly they followed the rules or how much their mission president loved them, etc. It's odd considering their otherwise indifference to the church.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    what years were you in that mission? one of my best friends served there. He also spent time in Cabo Verde.
                    I was there too. 91-93

Comment

I was there too. 91-93
                      you two overlapped. he was there 90-92.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        you two overlapped. he was there 90-92.
                        Elder Green? Thats what all missionaries were called in CV in the early days bc he was one of the first

Comment

You're the one, sooner, you're the one.
                          Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Elder Green? Thats what all missionaries were called in CV in the early days bc he was one of the first
                            No, my friend was not Elder Green.

sigpic

Comment

He died of a horrible asthma attack.
                              We had a GA come to our stake a few years back who spoke a lot about Russia and loved to say Vladivostok. He told us that several Russian mission presidents had died young and that it may well have been because Russian speakers who were strong in the gospel were needed to teach in the spirit world. He was not joking.

Comment

Originally posted by SteelBlue View Post
                                We had a GA come to our stake a few years back who spoke a lot about Russia and loved to say Vladivostok. He told us that several Russian mission presidents had died young and that it may well have been because Russian speakers who were strong in the gospel were needed to teach in the spirit world. He was not joking.
                                you can't be serious.

On second thought, this type story is entirely appropriate, even necessary, for a thread that Sooner started.
                                Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
                                God forgives many things for an act of mercy
                                Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

Working...
                                X