Being reactivated

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
    I need nothing from man, something from woman, but everything from G-d. He or she who relies upon the arm of man shall fail.
    You do need "something" from man. Your whole existence depends on it. So far you need man, woman and God. Dig enough I am sure there is more.

Comment

• A Muslim seems to have hijacked my thread.
      That which may be asserted without evidence may be dismissed without evidence. -C. Hitchens

http://twitter.com/SoonerCoug

Comment

• Originally posted by SoonerCoug View Post
        A Muslim seems to have hijacked my thread.
        Muslims are born to hijack.

Comment

• Originally posted by MindfulCoug View Post
          Awesome.
          I'm your huckleberry.

"I love pulling the bone. Really though, what guy doesn't?" - CJF

Comment

• Sooner, trust me, there is peace to be found in letting it go. Don't flirt with it, don't tease them, dont make them feel there's a chance.

The quicker they realize you're really not coming back, and don't just need lots of loving and sincere pleadings like "we're so sorry if we've offended you in any way, but please come back because we need you and love you", the quicker you'll be on the road to healing and will realize you're just fine finding you're own direction. It often takes some time because the ideology can be deeply seated, with self-doubt and anxiety programmed to permeate your thinking.

If you don't want to be there, hit the eject button. Seriously.

You might even find that Sundays can be a day of healing, of recreation, of rejuvenation, on your own or with like minded, healthy people. Sundays can truly be a day of rest.

Comment

You should make T-shirts. Try wearing that through airport security.
              "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
              "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
              "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

• Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
                You should make T-shirts. Try wearing that through airport security.
                It is the TSA, there is a decent chance they can't read.

Comment

• Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                  It is the TSA, there is a decent chance they can't read.
                  That's why we wear scarves to help them figure that out.

Comment

That's why we wear scarves to help them figure that out.
                    LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• This is a very interesting thread.
                      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        I don't care whether SoonerCoug attends church but last week on KSL, there was a special interest piece about two LDS missionaries that were serving in Russia a decade or so ago. These two were kidnapped and held for ransom. All these B-level politicos got involved and eventually the missionaries were released, only slightly harmed. I think they may have been punched or kicked. Anyhow, KSL picked up the trail a decade later to show us how well the elders were doing.

These are the exact types of stories that Soonercoug often invents, so part of me wondered if one of these missionaries was SoonerCoug. However, per the story, the missionaries were able to win over their captors by sharing the gospel and their testimonies with them, so I knew immediately that neither of them was SoonerCoug.

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        KSL mentioned that the kidnappers were posing as investigators and that the missionaries were there under the pretext of teaching them a discussion. In the current day interviews, one of the elders claimed that he "wouldn't change a thing" and that the kidnapping has made him who he is today.

http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=21739642

I think heavenly father was protecting you. Given what those two missionaries did to escape, you most likely wouldn't have survived.
                        I miss Triplet.
                        "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                        - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• One of those missionaries was from Lebanon, Oregon, halfway between me and Husky. A kid from our home ward got stuck in a Russian jail for two days, he said he wasn't worried, and that it was interesting.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                          -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                            One of those missionaries was from Lebanon, Oregon, halfway between me and Husky. A kid from our home ward got stuck in a Russian jail for two days, he said he wasn't worried, and that it was interesting.
                            Yuck.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigPiney View Post
                              Yuck.
                              I know... you've been there too I suppose.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
                                I know... you've been there too I suppose.
                                I spent a wonderful 18 months in Corvallis. And my wife's great uncle lived there.

Comment

Working...
                                X