Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet Ted Cruz: Tea Party darling, Princeton / Harvard grad, son of a Cuban immigrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Damn that Ted Cruz! He even wrote an op ed on the subject for the WSJ:

http://online.wsj.com/articles/ted-c...ent-1401662112
    Why is this outrageous? The amendment has no chance of passing. Doesn't something like this require a buttload of the states to ratify? I highly doubt they have anywhere near the support to even get half the states to ratify.....especially given that in general more states are red than blue.
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
      Why is this outrageous? The amendment has no chance of passing. Doesn't something like this require a buttload of the states to ratify? I highly doubt they have anywhere near the support to even get half the states to ratify.....especially given that in general more states are red than blue.
      Yup, right there in the constitution: Amendments are ratified upon the concurring vote of a butt load of states.
      PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

You are right, it won't pass....the outrage may be that you have 41 democrats who support such a measure.

Comment

Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
          You are right, it won't pass....the outrage may be that you have 41 democrats who support such a measure.
          True and another situation Dirty Harry is front and center on. He has now become the person I think of when anyone utters jackass out of their mouth.

Comment

Originally posted by creekster View Post
            Yup, right there in the constitution: Amendments are ratified upon the concurring vote of a butt load of states.
            So, 3/4 of 57 states means 43 states are needed to ratify, right? That does sound like a butt load.

Comment

Originally posted by Nakoma View Post
              So, 3/4 of 57 states means 43 states are needed to ratify, right? That does sound like a butt load.
              I've never had more than a handful of states in my butt at one time, so it actually sounds like multiple butt loads.
              Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                I've never had more than a handful of states in my butt at one time, so it actually sounds like multiple butt loads.
                I don't know man, I have heard you have a lot of junk in that trunk of yours.

Comment

Cruz gives up his citizenship... his Canadian citizenship:

Canada-born U.S. Sen. Ted Cruz has made good on a promise to renounce his birth country's citizenship — doing so amid speculation he could make a run at the White House in 2016.
                  [...]
                  http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/art...ip-5542984.php

I thought one had to be a "natural born citizen" to make a run for the white house? So does that mean that one born by C-Section can never be president?
                  "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                    Cruz gives up his citizenship... his Canadian citizenship:

http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/art...ip-5542984.php

I thought one had to be a "natural born citizen" to make a run for the white house? So does that mean that one born by C-Section can never be president?
                    I won't vote for him until I see a birth certificate
                    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Rafael Cruz was booed off the stage:

http://dailycaller.com/2014/09/10/te...ference-video/

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/tedcruzpage...52839355922464

The comments from even his most ardent supporters are hilarious.

Comment

https://www.facebook.com/tedcruzpage...52839355922464

The comments from even his most ardent supporters are hilarious.
                          LOL... http://theoatmeal.com/blog/net_neutrality

Harvard is clearly overrated.
                          "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                          "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I attended an event last week where Cruz was the guest of honor. I had a chance to talk with him for a minute. He's very smart and articulate and expresses conservative philosophy very well. The problem is that he has too many sharp edges. He keeps invoking Ronald Reagan, but Reagan could exude warmth when he wanted to, and was able to come across as happy warrior. Cruz doesn't seem able to do that. If he is nominated I think he'll be crushed and history will see him more like Barry Goldwater than Ronald Reagan.

Then again, I could be completely wrong....
                            “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
                            ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
                            -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
                            --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
                              I attended an event last week where Cruz was the guest of honor. I had a chance to talk with him for a minute. He's very smart and articulate and expresses conservative philosophy very well. The problem is that he has too many sharp edges. He keeps invoking Ronald Reagan, but Reagan could exude warmth when he wanted to, and was able to come across as happy warrior. Cruz doesn't seem able to do that. If he is nominated I think he'll be crushed and history will see him more like Barry Goldwater than Ronald Reagan.

Then again, I could be completely wrong....
                              He lacks Reagan's sense of bipartisanship and charisma. He also lacks Reagan's hopeful outlook.

Comment

Originally posted by frank ryan View Post
                                He lacks Reagan's sense of bipartisanship and charisma. He also lacks Reagan's hopeful outlook.
                                There isn't any warmth. But aside from Huck, you can say that about most of the candidates.

Hillary's appeal isn't about warmth. Because she has a nasty personality, I give the GOP a puncher's chance of upsetting her, if they don't go Sara Pallin on us.
                                "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

Working...
                                X