Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meet Ted Cruz: Tea Party darling, Princeton / Harvard grad, son of a Cuban immigrant

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
    There are more Aggie connections!

I'd be worried for your team this Friday: you are dealing with people that have nothing to lose!
    But, they are also stupid, so there's that.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• My wife who is not much of a sports fan or fan of BYU in general (thank goodness she's not a utah fan though) was even taken aback a few years ago when the ESPN camera for a few seconds caught a glimpse of those sweet little Aggie students wearing the F-you BYU shirts, or whatever it was. I have no idea how many of those sweet kids were wearing them, relatively speaking because the camera angle was pretty tight, but it sure looked like it was quite a few rows. It was kind of fun making my cynical comments about how they are undoubtedly super good LDS kids who will get up early to go to church tomorrow along with their BYU fan friends. It's a real talent to hate BYU with a passion and still feel like you're a much holier Mormon than anyone who cheers for the Cougars at the same time. Other than LAUte, Utah fans don't even attempt that feat. As a whole fanbase only USU can pull that off.
      Last edited by BlueK; 10-04-2018, 11:22 AM.

Comment

• Robert Francis O'Rourke doesn't want Obama's endorsement...

Beto O'Rourke on possible endorsement from Obama: "I don't think we're interested."

Former President Barack Obama has endorsed 11 Texas Democrats leading up to next month’s midterm elections. But none go by the popular four-letter moniker “Beto”.

On Thursday, the three-term Democratic congressman looking to unseat incumbent Sen. Ted Cruz, R-Texas, had a simple response to being left off the list: We’re doing fine on our own.

“I don’t think we’re interested [in an endorsement],” Beto O’Rourke said after a town hall at a local high school.
        [...]
        https://www.texastribune.org/2018/10...a-endorsement/

Robert seems like a reasonable dude.
        "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
        "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
        "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
          Robert Francis O'Rourke doesn't want Obama's endorsement...

https://www.texastribune.org/2018/10...a-endorsement/

Robert seems like a reasonable dude.
          Cruz is a jerk. The country will be no worse off if he loses. he'll probably still win though.

Comment

• Tons of BETO signs on Gameday. No Cruz.

Comment

• Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

That’s actually true. The commercials Ted’s running are epic. Turns out Beto hates cops and veterans. And SAHMs.

The debate on TV this week should be fun.

Comment

• Oh man. I miss Texas politics. It was always so entertaining.
                  "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                  "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                  "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I only see Beto signs here in San Antonio.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
                      I only see Beto signs here in San Antonio.
                      Yeah, I have yet to see a Cruz sign. I’m beginning to wonder if he just didn’t bother.

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                        Yeah, I have yet to see a Cruz sign. I’m beginning to wonder if he just didn’t bother.
                        Keep Austin weird!
                        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Babs View Post
                          My Ted loving neighbors kept complaining on social media that the local far left keeps taking their signs. They need to stick a finger in their chest and give them a few choice words...

Ted supporters need to stop being a bunch of wimps!
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Why not help your neighbors hook up their sign to line voltage?

⚡ ⚡
                            You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                            Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                            You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Originally posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
                              Why not help your neighbors hook up their sign to line voltage?

⚡ ⚡
                              Yeah, that is what I am talking about... Ted.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

My Ted loving neighbors kept complaining on social media that the local far left keeps taking their signs. They need to stick a finger in their chest and give them a few choice words...

Ted supporters need to stop being a bunch of wimps!
                                His enunciation of that final "Come on.... Ted" at the 0:27 mark is brutally condescending. I approve.

Comment

Working...
                                X