Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Meet Ted Cruz: Tea Party darling, Princeton / Harvard grad, son of a Cuban immigrant

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    See #3 for duke:

grayson.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by imanihonjin View Post
    See #3 for duke:

grayson.jpg
    Yeah, I meant for people to click on the tweet and see the whole thread. Cruz owned them in that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Yeah, I meant for people to click on the tweet and see the whole thread. Cruz owned them in that one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Damn, my bad. You are right, Cruz did own them. Pretty funny stuff.

Cruz is good in a verbal spar. That's pretty much his forte. Even if he doesn't run his own twitter deadspin got smoked.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Last edited by wuapinmon; 08-21-2017 at 05:24 PM.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wuapinmon View Post

Geez, first Green Monstah then falafel. Who else will copy PAC's mildly amusing comment?
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Geez, first Green Monstah then falafel. Who else will copy PAC's mildly amusing comment?
    PAC was the first to steal it from fb.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Cruz defeats Kimmel in a game of one on one. Kimmel should feel ashamed, and frankly he should consider retiring from both basketball and his talk show after this. Kimmel is also a self-absorbed loser, so I'm glad he lost...I just wish it wasn't Cruz that had to defeat him. It's almost like Urban Meyer losing to Nick Saban.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...e-13000976.php

Princeps Inter Pares

Cruz defeats Kimmel in a game of one on one. Kimmel should feel ashamed, and frankly he should consider retiring from both basketball and his talk show after this. Kimmel is also a self-absorbed loser, so I'm glad he lost...I just wish it wasn't Cruz that had to defeat him. It's almost like Urban Meyer losing to Nick Saban.

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-t...e-13000976.php
    Finally, the perennial third-place late-night talk show host learns what it is like to come in second.
    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Quote Originally Posted by All-American View Post
    Finally, the perennial third-place late-night talk show host learns what it is like to come in second.
    kimmel is easily the best late night guy sjbh
    Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    kimmel is easily the best late night guy sjbh
    Agreed. And that's not just the Vegas connection talking (well, not entirely the Vegas connection).
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Kimmel is awesome. Moli
    Dyslexics are teople poo...

Cruz won because LJ Rose coached him up.
    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
    -Turtle

Like that shirt Rose is wearing.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Flystripper View Post
    Kimmel is awesome. Moli
    Kimmel lost to Ted effin’ Cruz in basketball. Therefore, Kimmel is not awesome.

Kimmel lost to Ted effin’ Cruz in basketball. Therefore, Kimmel is not awesome.
    Cruz has a nice soft touch on his jumper.

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I have no idea how good Kimmel is at his talk show hosting gig, but his political stunts/rants are incredibly naive. Go Cruz.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

https://youtu.be/xqlawP-8KhI

So Ted doesn’t like that Beto cusses, yet Ted is now begging Trump (a serial cusser) to campaign for him since Beto has closed the gap in the polls. Nice job ted!!

So Ted doesn’t like that Beto cusses, yet Ted is now begging Trump (a serial cusser) to campaign for him since Beto has closed the gap in the polls. Nice job ted!!
    What is not to like about Beto?... He likes Whataburger, skateboards, has a band, and now this!

I need to get a Beto bumper sticker!...

BetoFYeah.jpg
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I don't get it... Robert Francis O'Rourke uses the nickname "Beto" to sound more Hispanic to voters. Rafael Edward Cruz uses the nickname "Ted" to sound white. Maybe they could swap parties or names.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Irony abounds. Cruz doesn't have a single friend left in this town but will likely be the only red candidate on the Travis County ballot to win in November.

If anyone pushes me to vote for Rafael, it will be the obnoxious Beto supporters. There was a group of them on a street corner today chanting dumb slogans while I was trying to enjoy my lunch.

Taylor.jpg

Total marketing fail by this guy's campaign staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Babs View Post
    Taylor.jpg

Total marketing fail by this guy's campaign staff.
    Probably a calculated move, as I'm sure Dr. James Taylor doesn't want String Bean's favorable views of Mexico and its inhabitants mistakenly attributed to him.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Probably a calculated move, as I'm sure Dr. James Taylor doesn't want String Bean's favorable views of Mexico and its inhabitants mistakenly attributed to him.
    I doubt it's Mexico. I think he's got Carolina on his mind. But very impressive absence of rhetoric.

There's so much to love about this race. I cant' bring myself to openly support a Democrat, but I did consider having a couple of "Better Dead than Ted" bumper stickers made, just to show who I won't support. In the end, I decided the backlash on Sundays just wasn't worth the effort.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson

Ted needs to go.Vote for the Libertarian if you can't vote for O'Rourke.

Quote Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
    Ted needs to go.Vote for the Libertarian if you can't vote for O'Rourke.
    Yeah, I may end up voting for Dikeman... Beto wants to band the weapons that we, the good citizens of Texas, need to kill hogs that are invading our state. Not cool, man.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!