No announcement yet.

What cereal do you eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

where's the love for Quisp and King Vitamin?

I intend to live forever.
    So far, so good.
    --Steven Wright

Comment

I eat the little oatmeal packets but they are full of sugar. Also I try and eat the stuff that looks like tree bark but I always end up back at Frosted Flakes or Honey Nuts. Sometimes I'll throw in some Raisin Bran.
      Last edited by RC Vikings; 06-12-2009, 07:04 AM.

Comment

I will go in with the Cinnamon Toast Crunch crowd. That is good stuff. I have also thought about using a box of it solely to flavor a gallon of milk, straining out the solids, to get Cinnamon Toast Crunch flavored milk.

I usually only eat heavily sweetened cerals on the weekend. For breakfast, I alternate between mini-wheats (sometimes frosted, sometimes not), Cheerios, and this Fiber One stuff with honey oat cluster thingies.

If I weren't an old man who needed my fiber, I would subsist on:

CTC
        Golden Grahams
        Appl Jacks
        Cookie Crunch
        Reese's Peanut Butter Crunch
        Trix.

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
          On work days I eat Raisin Bran Crunch.

On weekends I like to eat Cookie Crisp. I sometimes go through a big box in one weekend if the wife doesn't feel like cooking.

What are your favorite cereals?
          I don't eat breakfast, but on the rare occasions I partake...

1. Grape Nuts
          2. Super Sugar Crisp
          3. Lucky Charms

P.S. I would kill for a revival of Blueberry Waffle-Os

Last edited by Indy Coug; 06-12-2009, 06:47 AM.
          Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

hot oat bran--no milk.

I also like oatmeal.

I used to eat plain shredded wheat (not frosted) with some raw old fashioned oats sprinkled on top, rice milk and banana sliced on top. I'd fill the bowl to the top. Then, thanks to fitday, I discovered that my "healthy" breakfast was like 950 calories. &%*#@! I don't eat that anymore.
            What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
            -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Corn Chex
              Rice Krispies
              Put those bad boys together and you have a special treat.

I used to love Lucky Charms, but no longer.

I used to love Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but no longer.

Special K with strawberries is pretty tasty as well.

Comment

Scottish (aka steel cut) oats with local honey.
                This space is available.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Incredible View Post
                  Scottish (aka steel cut) oats with local honey.
                  Steel cut is the best. I thought it was Irish though, not Scottish.
                  What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                  -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                    ...I avoid breakfast cereals like the plague, even though I love them. Esp granola....calorie bomb in every bowl.
                    Preach it. In the '80s, I thought I was on a health kick and, oblivious to the calorie count, I had a big bowl of Lassen's granola every morning. I couldn't figure out why I was gaining weight, as I assumed eating whole grains was healthy and calorie-smart. Then I actually looked up the numbers, and determined that, in terms of calories, I would have been better off eating two Big Macs, large fries, and a hot apple pie from McD's every morning.

I got tired of the Big Macs after a couple of weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by Indy Coug View Post
                      1. Grape Nuts
                      2. Super Sugar Crisp
                      3. Lucky Charms
                      That is a good list.

Frosted Flakes tops my list, followed closly by Grape Nuts (with milk, cream and 2 tsp sugar).
                      Kashi Go Lean Crunch is really good, just don't plan on being in the company of anyone else later that day.

We will only by cereal in my house if it is about $2.00 a box. But when it is, we buy a lot of it. We probably have 40 - 50 boxes right now in the pantry. Crunch Berries were on sale yesterday and my wife came home with 5 boxes.

And I won't let that bag cereal in my house. For some reason it tastes like crap to me and I can't stomach the stuff even though it is probably the exact same thing that is in the boxes. And no generic. Ever.

Comment

Where do I begin? The better question for me would probably be what cereal don't I eat.

Really in no particular order but my favorites will definitely be at the top......

Cinnamon Toast Crunch
                        Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch
                        Lucky Charms
                        Frosted Flakes
                        Cinnamon Life
                        Blueberry Muffin Tops (this one is probably #1)
                        Honey Bunches Of Oats
                        Honey Bunches of Oat w/Peaches
                        Golden Smacks
                        HoneyCombs
                        Corn Pops
                        Honey Nut Cheerios

These are just a few. Cereal is by far my favorite food.

Cereals that I absolutely hate and won't put near my mouth....
                        Trix
                        Fruity Pebbles
                        Fruit Loops
                        "Take it to the Bank"

Comment

I broke up with Grape Nuts a few months ago for the last time.

We started seeing each other off and on in junior high school because I thought the commercials were cool and outdoorsy. However, once I had some in my bowl, I thought they tasted disgusting, so the box would sit in the cupboard and eventually go bad.

Every few years, Grape Nuts and I would bump into each other, almost always at the store, but sometimes at hotels. We would act casually and pretend like everything was cool, but we both knew that we wanted to give it another try. Inevitably, we would wind up hooking back up briefly. I would always regret it the next day, wondering what I was thinking and being mad at myself for having such little self control.

After my marriage, I found out that Grape Nuts had actually been trying to hook up with my wife for several years, as well. I was furious! I was pretty shocked by what happened next: my wife and I spoke at length and she suggested that we might want to give Grape Nuts as try...as a couple! Rowrrr! Neither one of us had done anything like that before, but I was game for the experience. We took off in the car, looking to buy some Grape Nuts, hoping that nobody from our neighborhood would see us. When we finally found Grape Nuts, I was pretty surprised.....the price had not really gone up much after all these years. I also recall thinking, "Wow, I have to hand it to Grape Nuts.....still looks the same, not a day older or a pound heavier."

Unfortunately, the whole threesome with my wife and Grape Nuts was a failed experiment. We tried all kinds of things....we used bananas, we used strawberries, we poured honey all over the place. We tried it in the morning, we tried it as a quick thing before bedtime. One time, our kids even caught us with Grape Nuts. They had never seen that kind of stuff before, so they asked us what was going on. We calmly explained that when boys and girls grow up, they sometimes like to experiment. Our kids thought the whole thing was gross. We have never talked about it since that day, but I worry that their seeing us with Grape Nuts may have skewed their perceptions.

After trying all kinds of things, my wife lost total interest and I became frustrated. Eating Grape Nuts solo was definitely not as satisfying. The final straw was when my wife caught me on the internet, looking at different ways to eat Grape Nuts. I tried to explain that it was no big deal, but she wanted me to stop and demanded that we remove Grape Nuts from our house. This was about 6 or 7 months ago. I wasn't going to let Grape Nuts ruin my life, so I complied with my wife's request.

I don't think I will ever hook up with Grape Nuts again, but I admit that going to the store still gives me the heebs. I will sometimes do a driveby just to see if Grape Nuts is there, but I never stop. It is probably better that way.
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                            I broke up with Grape Nuts a few months ago for the last time.

We started seeing each other off and on in junior high school because I thought the commercials were cool and outdoorsy. However, once I had some in my bowl, I thought they tasted disgusting, so the box would sit in the cupboard and eventually go bad.

Every few years, Grape Nuts and I would bump into each other, almost always at the store, but sometimes at hotels. We would act casually and pretend like everything was cool, but we both knew that we wanted to give it another try. Inevitably, we would wind up hooking back up briefly. I would always regret it the next day, wondering what I was thinking and being mad at myself for having such little self control.

After my marriage, I found out that Grape Nuts had actually been trying to hook up with my wife for several years, as well. I was furious! I was pretty shocked by what happened next: my wife and I spoke at length and she suggested that we might want to give Grape Nuts as try...as a couple! Rowrrr! Neither one of us had done anything like that before, but I was game for the experience. We took off in the car, looking to buy some Grape Nuts, hoping that nobody from our neighborhood would see us. When we finally found Grape Nuts, I was pretty surprised.....the price had not really gone up much after all these years. I also recall thinking, "Wow, I have to hand it to Grape Nuts.....still looks the same, not a day older or a pound heavier."

Unfortunately, the whole threesome with my wife and Grape Nuts was a failed experiment. We tried all kinds of things....we used bananas, we used strawberries, we poured honey all over the place. We tried it in the morning, we tried it as a quick thing before bedtime. One time, our kids even caught us with Grape Nuts. They had never seen that kind of stuff before, so they asked us what was going on. We calmly explained that when boys and girls grow up, they sometimes like to experiment. Our kids thought the whole thing was gross. We have never talked about it since that day, but I worry that their seeing us with Grape Nuts may have skewed their perceptions.

After trying all kinds of things, my wife lost total interest and I became frustrated. Eating Grape Nuts solo was definitely not as satisfying. The final straw was when my wife caught me on the internet, looking at different ways to eat Grape Nuts. I tried to explain that it was no big deal, but she wanted me to stop and demanded that we remove Grape Nuts from our house. This was about 6 or 7 months ago. I wasn't going to let Grape Nuts ruin my life, so I complied with my wife's request.

I don't think I will ever hook up with Grape Nuts again, but I admit that going to the store still gives me the heebs. I will sometimes do a driveby just to see if Grape Nuts is there, but I never stop. It is probably better that way.
                            nice. My kids love it btw. But we are an open family.

Comment

What is the appeal of steel cut oatmeal? I see this is all the time in magazines and eating healthy articles. But does it taste better than normal quick oats?
                              "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                              -Turtle
                              sigpic

Comment

-- Barbara's Puffins (the peanut butter kind)
                                -- Honey Combs
                                -- Trader Joe's flax seed oatmeal

Comment

Working...
                                X