No announcement yet.

What cereal do you eat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Before I set off on one of my bi-weekly 15K runs, I start with a hardy bowl of Cocoa Puffs.

Word to your mother.
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• I prefer, in the following order:

Froot Loops
      Lucky Charms
      Coco Puffs, but never Coco Krispies
      Frosted Flakes, but never with milk
      Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Comment

• awesome post, Fiyero. Cereals in the 80's were the best. I've personally eaten all of those you posted EXCEPT the pink panther one and the mummy cereal (limited edition?)

That Smurfberry Crunch was disgusting until about midway through the first bowl-- about the time it would take for you normally to get used to the taste, then it was fantastic.
          "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

• Originally posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
            Those sweetened wheat puffs. I love them, but unfortunately you have to eat three or four bowls before you feel like you got a substantial breakfast.
            They make my pee smell funny...

Comment

• Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
              UD, use Alton Brown's simple recipe. I think ERCougar suggested it to me. It works perfectly and is very easy.

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/a...ipe/index.html

As LA Ute suggested, make some on Sunday night or whenever and keep the leftovers for a few days.

AB's recipe yields about 3-4 cups cooked oatmeal, so you can judge accordingly.

If you want to cut calories, forget the buttermilk and just use all milk...or just water (too watery for me).

I usually eat mine for breakfast as follows:

1.3 cups of oatmeal
              2 teaspoons of brown sugar (i think that is 20 or so calories)
              1 sliced banana (or 1/2 cup blueberries, or 1 cup strawberries, even I cup diced pineapple tastes awesome)
              1 tablespoon light peanut butter

Winds up being about 450 calories, some decent protein, and good carbs. And you are full until late morning/early lunch. Esp if you down a glass or two of water after your oats.

yum!
              I whipped this up last night, only I only had real buttermilk so I just did 3/4 cup of 1% milk, then stored it over night.

This morning I nuked for about a minute and stirred in a tablespoon of peanut butter and roughly two teaspoons of brown sugar. It tasted great and was a substantial meal, particularly when I chased it with a large glass of water as you recommended.

We'll see how I do this morning. I am really hoping that this is going to give me energy and keep me feeling full. I don't think I had ever eaten steel cut oats before. So much better texture-wise than the instant stuff.

Comment

• Apple Jacks or Fruit Loops. Only the healthy "fruit" cereals for Statman.

But I only eat cereal about once every other week or so...

Comment

• Originally posted by UtahDan View Post
                  We'll see how I do this morning. I am really hoping that this is going to give me energy and keep me feeling full. I don't think I had ever eaten steel cut oats before. So much better texture-wise than the instant stuff.
                  Can someone describe the difference in texture between rolled oats and steel-cut? The steel cut ones look like pine nuts.
                  Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by falafel View Post
                    Can someone describe the difference in texture between rolled oats and steel-cut? The steel cut ones look like pine nuts.
                    Have you ever eaten cracked wheat? It's sort of like that, except on a smaller scale and with oatmeal flavor.
                    Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

• Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                      Have you ever eaten cracked wheat? It's sort of like that, except on a smaller scale and with oatmeal flavor.
                      Uh.... no. I don't think so, anyway. So its not like pine nuts, eh?

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by nikuman View Post
                        I agree with this description, having enjoyed a fine bowl (of Oatmeal, not Maui Wowie, losers) this morning using the recipe provided yesterday. Two more bowls await in the fridge bullpen.

Comment

• Originally posted by statman View Post
                          Fruit Loops
                          Froot Loops
                          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

• I'm surprised that in this thread, there has been only one minor shout out to Reese's Puffs, the best cereal money can buy. Clark Addison truly has D(u) good taste in cereal.

Carry on.

Comment

• I agree Reese's Puffs are exquisite.

HOWEVER, best cereal of all time would have to go to Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. Picture if you will-- sugar glazed rice chex riddled with marshmallows.

Amazing!

[youtube]RR06EqIbxY4[/youtube]
                              Last edited by Commando; 10-15-2009, 09:35 AM.

Comment

• I am particular to Nuts&Honey, Almond/blue box variety.
                                "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

Working...
                                X