Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What cereal do you eat?

On work days I eat Raisin Bran Crunch.

On weekends I like to eat Cookie Crisp. I sometimes go through a big box in one weekend if the wife doesn't feel like cooking.

What are your favorite cereals?

Oatmeal just about every day.
    "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
      Oatmeal just about every day.
      Amen brother, amen.
      Dio perdona tante cose per un’opera di misericordia
      God forgives many things for an act of mercy
      Alessandro Manzoni

Knock it off. This board has enough problems without a dose of middle-age lechery.

pelagius

Comment

I've eaten my weight several times over in granola, as well as Cheerios, Corn Chex and Shredded Wheat (I really don't care for the sugared cereals). Of late, I've rediscovered a childlike love of oatmeal and eat it 2-3 times a week. Seriously, steel-cut, with a berry topping, and I'm very happy.

Kids looking for a Father's Day gift suggestion are advised a gift subscription would be nice.

Comment

Shredded Wheat, Cream of Wheat, Rice Chex, Frosted Flakes and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, in that order.
          I'm like LeBron James.
          -mpfunk

Comment

Originally posted by smokymountainrain View Post
            Shredded Wheat, Cream of Wheat, Rice Chex, Frosted Flakes and Cinnamon Toast Crunch, in that order.
            That is a big breakfast!
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Strawberry Awake, a Special K with strawberries ripoff. It's tasty, but I hate me.

Comment

I love cinnamon toast crunch, cocoa pebbles, fruity pebbles, frosted flakes, chex, honey nut clusters, trix, and lucky charms. I like to go generic (and the bags are huge), but I'll splurge once in a while on a box.

I fancy myself a cereal fanatic. I've woken up and had a bowl every morning since I was 8.
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

I have to mix it up--usually once I eat a few boxes of one type of cereal (not in succession, but mixed in with other varieties), that cereal's out for a year or two. Cocoa Puffs & Marshmallow Matey's are currently in the craving-something-sweet rotation, and I'm about a year out on Cookie Crisp. Raisin Bran's the most common, Honey Bunches of Oats (with Almonds), Basic Four, Cheerios, Special K with strawberries, Frosted Mini-wheats and sometimes Rice Chex and corn flakes are usually the cereals I'll buy.

Comment

I like Honey Bunches of Oats. I don't eat much though since I am lactose intolerant.
                    "Nobody listens to Turtle."
                    -Turtle
                    sigpic

Comment

I eat lots of cinnamon life, honey bunches of oats, and shredded wheat. I would eat steel cut oatmeal every day if it didn't take so long to cook. Regular oatmeal is pretty good too, but it's too hot in the summer to eat much of it. I don't like sweating at breakfast.

Comment

My faves:

1. Cinnamon Toast Crunch: tops my list, no contest

in no particular order (some no longer in production)

Apple Jacks
                        Froot Loops
                        Alpha Bits
                        Sugar Smacks/Super Golden Crisps
                        Honey Grahams
                        Rice Chex or Corn Chex
                        Corn/Frosted Flakes....esp piled with fruit on top...even a can of fruit cocktail is delish!
                        Frankenberry/Booberry (not Count Chocula)
                        Peanut Butter Crunch
                        Granola

Ever since Fitday, I have eaten a few bowls of Cheerios, but other than that, I avoid breakfast cereals like the plague, even though I love them. Esp granola....calorie bomb in every bowl.

Fortunately, I love oatmeal, so a nice half cup made with milk and topped with fruit and I am just fine, thanks. Also, oatmeal takes forever to digest, so I am not as hungry or tempted to snack mid-morning.

Finally, maybe it is the nostalgia talking, but I grew up loving Cream of Wheat. Except I only like the way my grandmother made it (maybe because she used a load of sugar?). Half of my siblings liked theirs smooth. The other half liked theirs with small lumps. My grandmother would make two batches in the morning. I haven't had it since I was a kid. It may be time to fire up a bowl and introduce my children to it.

Did any of you older guys used to chow down on Wheatina or Farina? That stuff also was part of my childhood, but I didn't dig it as much.
                        Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

Those sweetened wheat puffs. I love them, but unfortunately you have to eat three or four bowls before you feel like you got a substantial breakfast.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
                            Those sweetened wheat puffs. I love them, but unfortunately you have to eat three or four bowls before you feel like you got a substantial breakfast.
                            The only reason I don't like them is they make your pee stink.

Not that my pee smells like daises normally or anything.
                            "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                            "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

In order:

Steel-cut oatmeal (if someone else cooks it)
                              Cinnamon Life
                              Life
                              Cracklin' Oat Bran
                              Frosted Mini Wheats (Kellogg's only)
                              Crispix

I sometimes wish I could get these cereals without sugar....I prefer honey on my cereal---my dad was a professional beekeeper, so we weren't allowed to have table sugar in the house until my teens.
                              Last edited by wuapinmon; 12-09-2010, 11:53 AM.
                              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Working...
                              X