Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    False.
    If offered a Caffeine Free DMD (assuming that the lack of caffeine did not change the taste) or a caffeinated Diet Dr. Pepper, which would you choose?
    As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
    --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
      If offered a Caffeine Free DMD (assuming that the lack of caffeine did not change the taste) or a caffeinated Diet Dr. Pepper, which would you choose?
      DDP. I like them both and I have a stash of both of them at home. But if they are both caffeinated, I give a preference to DMD.

Really weird question. Did anyone claim that caffeine changes the flavor?
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

DMD in a heartbeat

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

Comment

It really is awful, but you are forgetting Tab. Tab is the absolute worst, but DMD is close. If you are going to drink that shit, the answer is clear that you should be drinking Diet Dr. Pepper or Coke Zero. Hell even a Diet Pepsi or a Diet Coke is mildly acceptable. DMD is just disgusting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Snapped a quick pic for funk. Garage stash.

"There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• Diet soda is nasty in any form.

Plus, it may be giving you diabetes anyway.
              http://www.bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h3576

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                Diet soda is nasty in any form.

Maybe, but if this is your conclusion you've got nothing:

Although artificially sweetened beverages and fruit juice also showd positive associations with incidence of type 2 diabetes, the findings were likely to involve bias. None the less, both artificially sweetened beverages and fruit juice were unlikely to be healthy alternatives to sugar sweetened beverages for the prevention of type 2 diabetes. Under assumption of causality, consumption of sugar sweetened beverages over years may be related to a substantial number of cases of new onset diabetes.
                LOL, assuming causality. What editor let that sentence stand?

Yes, these studies which we use for our meta study all have selection bias and reverse causality problems and we'll admit to it in the conclusion but somehow still claim we can make a strong inference.
                Last edited by pelagius; 03-13-2018, 09:06 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bluegoose View Post
                  Diet soda is nasty in any form.

Yeah, I have seen that study. Seems like a weak connection.

Conclusions Habitual consumption of sugar sweetened beverages was associated with a greater incidence of type 2 diabetes, independently of adiposity. Although artificially sweetened beverages and fruit juice also showed positive associations with incidence of type 2 diabetes, the findings were likely to involve bias. None the less, both artificially sweetened beverages and fruit juice were unlikely to be healthy alternatives to sugar sweetened beverages for the prevention of type 2 diabetes. Under assumption of causality, consumption of sugar sweetened beverages over years may be related to a substantial number of cases of new onset diabetes.

Comment

Snapped a quick pic for funk. Garage stash.

That looks waaaaay healthier than the Cinnamon Toast Crunch I enjoyed this morning!
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post
                      That looks waaaaay healthier than the Cinnamon Toast Crunch I enjoyed this morning!
                      I agree!

Comment

• Originally posted by pelagius View Post
                        Maybe, but if this is your conclusion you've got nothing:

LOL, assuming causality. What editor let that sentence stand?

Yes, these studies which we use for our meta study all have selection bias and reverse causality problems and we'll admit to it in the conclusion but somehow still claim we can make a strong inference.
                        Yeah, it's a weak conclusion and a pretty poorly written article by the BMJ.

I was looking for another article i read a few years ago about a certain percentage of the population that processes artificial sweeteners as actual glucose, contributing to weight gain. I couldn't find the article, so i thought I'd throw this one out there for the heck of it.

Comment

Snapped a quick pic for funk. Garage stash.
                          Love my garage fridge:

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                            Love my garage fridge:

Comment

• Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
                              Love my garage fridge:
                              Whoa! Easy on the eggs there cowboy.
                              "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• What cereal do you eat?

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                                I’m actually a little embarrassed that I don’t have any DP10 or Cherry Coke Zero in there. Mrs. D isn’t a fan of straight diet soda, so I humor her with the Coke Life (and That 12 pack will probably last 3-4 months).

Originally posted by hostile View Post
                                Whoa! Easy on the eggs there cowboy.
                                A man has to get his sugar diabeetuhs somewhere!
                                Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Working...
                                X