Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: What cereal do you eat?

Quote Originally Posted by smokymountainrain View Post
    Lebowski's wife won't let him buy sugar cereals.
    When I was a kid, sugar cereal was a very rare treat (Mom: "We can't afford it. Eat your corn flakes.") As a parent, we would occasionally buy sugar cereals but surprisingly, our kids didn't like them that much. Go figure.
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post

Nobody is arguing that cereal is good for you. Just like nobody is arguing that chocolate cake is good for you. But we're saying that oatmeal, much like cereal, is not good for you, and is not a good breakfast for anyone with diabetic concerns.
    #whataboutoatmeal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    When I was a kid, sugar cereal was a very rare treat (Mom: "We can't afford it. Eat your corn flakes.") As a parent, we would occasionally buy sugar cereals but surprisingly, our kids didn't like them that much. Go figure.
    We'd get generic corn flakes. We'd then convert them to frosted flakes with generous portions of granulated sugar.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

Yep. I've said many times that if I had to pick life without ice cream or life without cold cereal, it would be difficult, but I would probably ditch ice cream.
    I could do either, no problem.

Life without Coke Zero? GTFO.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

I just got a box of lucky charms flakes. Just Frosted Flakes with the Lucky Charms marshmallows. It's ok but takes some getting used to. I prefer regular Lucky Charms, ftr.

"I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    I just got a box of lucky charms flakes. Just Frosted Flakes with the Lucky Charms marshmallows. It's ok but takes some getting used to. I prefer regular Lucky Charms, ftr.
    Marshmallow Safari was truly the best iteration of Lucky Charms. The oat portion was just the right amount of sweet, and the marshmallow to oat ratio was perfect. I miss that cereal. I miss a bunch of the old Quaker-brand bagged cereals, actually.

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Haha. Look how defensive you guys are about your cereal.
    It is like me defending beer or you defending DMD
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.
    --Charles W. Bamforth, Ph.D.

Quote Originally Posted by MartyFunkhouser View Post
    It is like me defending beer or you defending DMD
    DMD IS THE BEST!
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

I hate to , but seriously, DMD is the absolute worst of diet drinks. And that's saying something.

DMD IS THE BEST!
    BEER IS THE BEST!!!
    The crux of what has traumatized us about CUF/CG is that we thought they were our friends. And their identity as BYU fans turned out to be the most important thing to them. What empty lives! What a damning indictment of the LDS Church!
    --SeattleUte

He who drinks beer sleeps well. He who sleeps well cannot sin. He who does not sin goes to heaven. The logic is impeccable.

Quote Originally Posted by Northwestcoug View Post
    I hate to , but seriously, DMD is the absolute worst of diet drinks. And that's saying something.
    Hahahahahahahaha....

It really is awful, but you are forgetting Tab. Tab is the absolute worst, but DMD is close. If you are going to drink that shit, the answer is clear that you should be drinking Diet Dr. Pepper or Coke Zero. Hell even a Diet Pepsi or a Diet Coke is mildly acceptable. DMD is just disgusting.
    --SeattleUte

It really is awful, but you are forgetting Tab. Tab is the absolute worst, but DMD is close. If you are going to drink that shit, the answer is clear that you should be drinking Diet Dr. Pepper or Coke Zero. Hell even a Diet Pepsi or a Diet Coke is mildly acceptable. DMD is just disgusting wonderful.
    FIFY

FIFY
    You fixed nothing for me. Nothing. I don't even believe you that you enjoy DMD. You just choose that vile beverage because it has the highest caffeine content of diet soda.
    --SeattleUte

You fixed nothing for me. Nothing. I don't even believe you that you enjoy DMD. You just choose that vile beverage because it has the highest caffeine content of diet soda.
    False.

False.
    If offered a Caffeine Free DMD (assuming that the lack of caffeine did not change the taste) or a caffeinated Diet Dr. Pepper, which would you choose?
    --SeattleUte

If offered a Caffeine Free DMD (assuming that the lack of caffeine did not change the taste) or a caffeinated Diet Dr. Pepper, which would you choose?
    DDP. I like them both and I have a stash of both of them at home. But if they are both caffeinated, I give a preference to DMD.

Really weird question. Did anyone claim that caffeine changes the flavor?

DMD in a heartbeat

I may be small, but I'm slow.

A veteran - whether active duty, retired, or national guard or reserve is someone who, at one point in his life, wrote a blank check made payable to, "The United States of America ", for an amount of "up to and including my life - it's an honor."

It really is awful, but you are forgetting Tab. Tab is the absolute worst, but DMD is close. If you are going to drink that shit, the answer is clear that you should be drinking Diet Dr. Pepper or Coke Zero. Hell even a Diet Pepsi or a Diet Coke is mildly acceptable. DMD is just disgusting.

"Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Snapped a quick pic for funk. Garage stash.

Diet soda is nasty in any form.

Plus, it may be giving you diabetes anyway.
    http://www.bmj.com/content/351/bmj.h3576

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post

Maybe, but if this is your conclusion you've got nothing:

Although artificially sweetened beverages and fruit juice also showd positive associations with incidence of type 2 diabetes, the findings were likely to involve bias. None the less, both artificially sweetened beverages and fruit juice were unlikely to be healthy alternatives to sugar sweetened beverages for the prevention of type 2 diabetes. Under assumption of causality, consumption of sugar sweetened beverages over years may be related to a substantial number of cases of new onset diabetes.
    LOL, assuming causality. What editor let that sentence stand?

Yes, these studies which we use for our meta study all have selection bias and reverse causality problems and we'll admit to it in the conclusion but somehow still claim we can make a strong inference.
    Last edited by pelagius; 03-13-2018 at 10:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bluegoose View Post

Yeah, I have seen that study. Seems like a weak connection.

Conclusions Habitual consumption of sugar sweetened beverages was associated with a greater incidence of type 2 diabetes, independently of adiposity. Although artificially sweetened beverages and fruit juice also showed positive associations with incidence of type 2 diabetes, the findings were likely to involve bias. None the less, both artificially sweetened beverages and fruit juice were unlikely to be healthy alternatives to sugar sweetened beverages for the prevention of type 2 diabetes. Under assumption of causality, consumption of sugar sweetened beverages over years may be related to a substantial number of cases of new onset diabetes.

That looks waaaaay healthier than the Cinnamon Toast Crunch I enjoyed this morning!

That looks waaaaay healthier than the Cinnamon Toast Crunch I enjoyed this morning!
    I agree!

Quote Originally Posted by pelagius View Post
    Maybe, but if this is your conclusion you've got nothing:

LOL, assuming causality. What editor let that sentence stand?

Yes, these studies which we use for our meta study all have selection bias and reverse causality problems and we'll admit to it in the conclusion but somehow still claim we can make a strong inference.
    Yeah, it's a weak conclusion and a pretty poorly written article by the BMJ.

I was looking for another article i read a few years ago about a certain percentage of the population that processes artificial sweeteners as actual glucose, contributing to weight gain. I couldn't find the article, so i thought I'd throw this one out there for the heck of it.

Love my garage fridge:

Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Love my garage fridge:

Love my garage fridge:
    Whoa! Easy on the eggs there cowboy.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Default What cereal do you eat?

I’m actually a little embarrassed that I don’t have any DP10 or Cherry Coke Zero in there. Mrs. D isn’t a fan of straight diet soda, so I humor her with the Coke Life (and That 12 pack will probably last 3-4 months).

Quote Originally Posted by hostile View Post
    Whoa! Easy on the eggs there cowboy.
    A man has to get his sugar diabeetuhs somewhere!