Random stuff worth reading on the internet thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
    This is what happens when you listen to too many bill simmons podcasts.
    Lol. That is some funny stuff. But so true. Only Simmons' rambling/whining about the Celtics, Red Sox, or Patriots will get me to tune out faster than one of his sports/pop culture historical change hypotheticals.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

I found this interview of Mario Cuomo's significant other, Ms. Semi-Ho-Made herself, entertaining:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/03/25/ma...andra-lee.html
      Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

Originally posted by MarkGrace View Post
        This is what happens when you listen to too many bill simmons podcasts.

Originally posted by Donuthole View Post
        Lol. That is some funny stuff. But so true. Only Simmons' rambling/whining about the Celtics, Red Sox, or Patriots will get me to tune out faster than one of his sports/pop culture historical change hypotheticals.
        i agree with both of you. I probably started thinking about this after hearing one of Simmons' nasally tangents. He and I are almost exactly the same age, and seemed to watch the same TV shows/movies growing up (there weren't a lot of viewing choices, back then), but I can't stand any of his Boston fanboy stuff.

What is weird about my question, is I wrote that before reading the Klosterman book, DH suggested to me, about that exact subject. I will have to remember to share that at the next F&T meeting.

Comment

A modern Cannonball Run. This guy drove across the country in under 29 hours.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
            Now will you stop pretending like you don't listen to Adam Carolla's podcast?

Comment

Now will you stop pretending like you don't listen to Adam Carolla's podcast?
              I do listen to it occasionally, but all the f-bombs make me feel (a little) guilty afterwards. Did he interview this guy? I would like to listen to that.

Actually, the podcast I found most interesting, after reading Carolla's book, was the Dr. Drew one with Ray and Chris. Check it out, if you haven't already done so.

Comment

This is several months old, but easily one of the best things I've read in some time. Very inspiring and a kick in the ass for living an easy life getting fat off of undeserved blessings.

http://m.runnersworld.com/runners-st...fe?page=single

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

Polish musician replicates Da Vinci's "viola organista" invented around 1480. Apparently Da Vinci never built it but had drawn out the plans and this guy followed them. I'd be curious to know how detailed the plans were and how much was modern guessing. Video about halfway down. Sounds really cool.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...und-cello.html

article-2509546-1964A3DA00000578-252_634x425.jpg

Comment

The numerous attorneys on here, as well as the rest of us, who will likely one day need a good attorney, may find this interesting. An asst DA goes out of his way to get arrested, a much harder feat than he anticipated. Then gives an inside look at the justice system, through the eyes of defendant. I found it well worth my time to read this.

http://www.theatlantic.com/national/...system/282360/

Comment

Ok, this time I'm not joking, this one is really worth reading :boywhocrieswolf:

A fantastic breakdown of the final 29 seconds from game 6 of last years finals, AKA the Ray Allen game.

As a young player in Milwaukee, Allen invented a drill in which he lies in the key, springs to his feet and backpedals to the corner. A coach throws him a pass. He has to catch and shoot without stepping on the three-point line or the sideline. In Allen's first training session with the Heat, just after Labor Day 2012, he performed the drill. "It was the first time I ever saw anybody do that," Spoelstra says. "He told me he does it for offensive rebounding purposes. He said, 'You never know when you'll be in a situation where you have to find the three-point line without looking down.' "
                      Last edited by Art Vandelay; 12-18-2013, 04:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                        Ok, this time I'm not joking, this one is really worth reading :boywhocrieswolf:

A fantastic breakdown of the final 29 seconds from game 6 of last years finals, AKA the Ray Allen game.
                        Eff you.
                        *Banned*

Comment

ha. I was about to say, worth reading unless you're CJ. In that case, avert thine eyes!
                          So Russell...what do you love about music? To begin with, everything.

Comment

A worthy read if you're tired of the virus of viral internet posts. http://www.cracked.com/blog/4-reason...013/?page=full

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                            I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

I read this piece on Grantland last week when the following post from Bill Simmons appeared on my fb feed:
                              This piece by Caleb Hannan is a must-read.
                              http://grantland.com/features/a-myst...olf-club-dr-v/
                              It's a weird story which takes a really weird twist at the end. ESPN, Grantland, and Bill Simmons are now apologizing profusely for the article.

Comment

I read this piece on Grantland last week when the following post from Bill Simmons appeared on my fb feed:

It's a weird story which takes a really weird twist at the end. ESPN, Grantland, and Bill Simmons are now apologizing profusely for the article.
                                I thought it was a great article. I don't think they should have to apologize. They told a story.

Comment

Working...
                                X