Random stuff worth reading on the internet thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
    Read that today. Mind blown. I am surprised this didn't happen in Pasco.
    Way to represent PAC-12 law school.
    "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by hostile View Post
      Way to represent PAC-12 law school.
      Two of them right? Berkeley and UCLA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
      "It's true that everything happens for a reason. Just remember that sometimes that reason is that you did something really, really, stupid."

Comment

• Originally posted by FMCoug View Post
        Two of them right? Berkeley and UCLA?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
        Yes. Whoops. Typo. (Way to represent, univ of Utah typing class)
        "You interns are like swallows. You shit all over my patients for six weeks and then fly off."

"Don't be sorry, it's not your fault. It's my fault for overestimating your competence."

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
          Since MG no longer talks to himself in the Radiohead thread, I have taken over the mantle.....

This is one of the most enthralling stories I've posted in this thread. Gone Girl meets Housewives of Orange County. It is long but well worth your time. After reading the craziness that is a woman (and possibly a man?) who perceives to be scorned the main thought i had was: I'm surprised this didn't happen in Utah Valley.

http://www.latimes.com/projects/la-me-framed/#chapter1
          That was excellent! (x68) Thank you for posting it here.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

• Originally posted by wuapinmon View Post
            That was excellent! (x68) Thank you for posting it here.
            That was excellent writing.
            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Another article about a vindictive husband and wife, who were both lawyers. On an unrelated note, sorry about the byu obsession, and Beatles comments, Funks. Honestly, they were just meant at jokes. In fact, I'm not even that original most of my comments were texted to me in advance by YO.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/1...suburb-mclean/
              Andrew Schmuhl forced his way into the McLean home of his wife’s former boss and waged a brutal interrogation before being arrested wearing nothing but an adult diaper. Was it a calculated act of revenge, or an addict’s rampage?

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                Another article about a vindictive husband and wife, who were both lawyers. On an unrelated note, sorry about the byu obsession, and Beatles comments, Funks. Honestly, they were just meant at jokes. In fact, I'm not even that original most of my comments were texted to me in advance by YO.

https://www.washingtonian.com/2016/1...suburb-mclean/

Andrew Schmuhl forced his way into the McLean home of his wife’s former boss and waged a brutal interrogation before being arrested wearing nothing but an adult diaper. Was it a calculated act of revenge, or an addict’s rampage?
                You picked the wrong quote to highlight:

The badge he flashed at Sue wasn’t real, or even a convincing fake. It was the kind women buy for bachelorette parties, with a picture of a penis on it and the words pecker inspector, department of erections.
                You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
                Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
                You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Comment

• Ha.
                  I'm like LeBron James.
                  -mpfunk

Comment

• The LA Times story is crazy. The initial event that caused the two narcissistic assholes to plot the incarceration of the school volunteer is so minuscule. I'm not sure if it was extreme helicopter parenting or that they took it as a slight of their parenting skills.

Does the story mention what happened to the woman's father? What the hell were they thinking trying to use a family member to move a major asset like a house?
                    Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• There doesn't seem to be any long article telling the story, probably because it's not done, but an FSU law professor was murdered in his driveway by two men connected to his wife's brother-- his wife was also a law professor. He and his wife were going through a divorce and fighting for custody of the children. So far, no direct connection has been made between the wife and the brother, so I suppose the brother may have acted on his own.
                      Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

• I continue to think about the great care I've received from doctors, nurses, PAs, orderlies and other caregivers over the past six weeks, and I marvel at how selfless and truly caring they were, and continue to be. I've gained an even greater respect for those on the board who have made that kind of service their life's work. That's why this letter, written by a young husband to the caregivers during his wife's final week of life, especially resonated with me. I understand it's since been published in the New York Times and featured on national news programs, so perhaps you've read it. But if you haven't, do so. Now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/06/we...8113&te=1&_r=2

Comment

• [emoji22][emoji22][emoji22]
                          Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                            I continue to think about the great care I've received from doctors, nurses, PAs, orderlies and other caregivers over the past six weeks, and I marvel at how selfless and truly caring they were, and continue to be. I've gained an even greater respect for those on the board who have made that kind of service their life's work. That's why this letter, written by a young husband to the caregivers during his wife's final week of life, especially resonated with me. I understand it's since been published in the New York Times and featured on national news programs, so perhaps you've read it. But if you haven't, do so. Now.

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/10/06/we...8113&te=1&_r=2
                            PAC, I sincerely hope all is well with you and your family.

Comment

• Originally posted by imanihonjin View Post
                              PAC, I sincerely hope all is well with you and your family.
                              Thanks. We're doing great and I'm sorry that the highlighted line may have suggested otherwise. I've had more medical attention in the past six weeks than my wife and I combined have received in the past couple of decades, but I'm now doing very well. As noted, all that attention gave me a far deeper appreciation for all the caregivers.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
                                Thanks. We're doing great and I'm sorry that the highlighted line may have suggested otherwise. I've had more medical attention in the past six weeks than my wife and I combined have received in the past couple of decades, but I'm now doing very well. As noted, all that attention gave me a far deeper appreciation for all the caregivers.
                                Glad to hear it, on all accounts.

Comment

Working...
                                X