Random stuff worth reading on the internet thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by USUC View Post

I sometimes get so shocked by comments on twitter I go into their profile to see if it's a bot. In one profile I viewed a woman said that she will not allow her kids to get the vaccines because she expects them to be chaste.
    The medical PR people should run a parallel campaign for these cretins. Pap smears for all women are a huge expense for health care. Get vaccinated and help decrease the deficit. Do it for America!
    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Northwestcoug View Post

The medical PR people should run a parallel campaign for these cretins. Pap smears for all women are a huge expense for health care. Get vaccinated and help decrease the deficit. Do it for America!
      Would a PR campaign even reach them? Before Covid I think a lot of people could be persuaded, but probably not now. Targeting teens and young adults is probably the best route. You may be chaste, but your first partner might not have been. Etc.

Comment

• I haven’t seen the paper this article is referencing but this is interesting. Wolves that roam near Chernobyl are exposed to unsafe levels of radiation yet seem resistant to cancer. There may be genetic variations that allow this, and that could lead to more insights for humans:

https://news.sky.com/story/chernobyl...finds-13067292
        "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
        "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
        - SeattleUte

Comment

• Nothing to read, but turn up the volume on this FB post that's a heartwarming sample of the Easter spirit. https://www.facebook.com/reel/336106176050378. The children's screams and the adult's "OMG!" really drive it home.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            Nothing to read, but turn up the volume on this FB post that's a heartwarming sample of the Easter spirit. https://www.facebook.com/reel/336106176050378. The children's screams and the adult's "OMG!" really drive it home.

Comment

• It’s like a viral marketing campaign for a new horror movie.
              "What are you prepared to do?" - Jimmy Malone

"What choice?" - Abe Petrovsky

Comment

• Originally posted by Joe Public View Post
                It’s like a viral marketing campaign for a new horror movie.
                Or the prequel to Donnie Darko.

Comment

Working...
                X