No announcement yet.

Random stuff worth reading on the internet thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why are Samoans are so overrepresented in the NFL? Mormons.

Comment

• http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...-search-family

Unbelievable story.
      "Nobody listens to Turtle."
      -Turtle
      sigpic

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
        Wow. Thanks for posting that.

Comment

• Pretty crazy.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

• Originally posted by Surfah View Post
            Just logged on to post this story. An excellent read. Really a remarkable saga.

Comment

• Crazy story about the Kansas City Chiefs Running backs coach looking for biological parents.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...-search-family

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
              I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Originally posted by Dwight Schr-ute View Post
                Crazy story about the Kansas City Chiefs Running backs coach looking for biological parents.

http://www.espn.com/espn/feature/sto...-search-family

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                  LOL. I’m still waiting for the paternity results, but yes, it appears that there’s a 99.99% chance of them being the same story.

I told him he was a goddamn Nazi Stormtrooper.

Comment

• Wow. That is a great story.
                    "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                    "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                    - SeattleUte

Comment

• Amazing. Thanks for posting, Dwight.
                      "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
                      "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
                      This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
                      "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
                      "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Comment

• That was jaw dropping. I was gobsmacked. Well written as well.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                        -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• I enjoyed this GQ article about Paul McCartney. Though, some of his ramblings reminded me of my dad when he was about that age and would say strange and random things (before he digressed into the hell that is Alzheimers)

https://www.gq.com/story/the-untold-...paul-mccartney

John always wanted to jump over the cliff. He once said that to me. 'Have you ever thought of jumping?' I said, 'Fuck off. You jump, and tell me how it is.' That's basically the difference in our personalities
                          He [John] was the kind of guy that could do that. I don't remember him actually ever doing it. I mean, on the Sgt. Pepper cover he wanted Jesus Christ and Hitler on there
                          One of the sadnesses for me when the Beatles broke up, the only way to save the business side of it was me suing the Beatles, so that was like a total heartache. And the residue was that I was to blame. I was 'the one who broke the Beatles up.' And so I spent quite a bit of time—you know, still doing it—to sort of say: 'No, I didn't. John wanted Yoko, so he said we're leaving the Beatles.…' But because of that suing incident, the word got out that I was the baddie. And the worst thing was: I kind of bought into it. My psyche sort of said, 'No, no, no, no, no, no… Yes!... No, you weren't.…You were!' I really wasn't, but if everyone thinks you were, then maybe you were.

I won't spoil the group masturbation :surprise: story
                          Last edited by Art Vandelay; 09-11-2018, 11:09 AM.

Comment

• I had never heard of Freddie Oversteegen, a teenage Dutch resistance fighter during WWII:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local...=.49e045792965

Badass.
                            "...you pointy-headed autopsy nerd. Do you think it's possible for you to post without using words like "hilarious," "absurd," "canard," and "truther"? Your bare assertions do not make it so. Maybe your reasoning is too stunted and your vocabulary is too limited to go without these epithets."
                            "You are an intemperate, unscientific poster who makes light of very serious matters.”
                            - SeattleUte

Comment

• Originally posted by Art Vandelay View Post
                              I enjoyed this GQ article about Paul McCartney. Though, some of his ramblings reminded me of my dad when he was about that age and would say strange and random things (before he digressed into the hell that is Alzheimers)

https://www.gq.com/story/the-untold-...paul-mccartney

I won't spoil the group masturbation :surprise: story

It seems as though McCartney is sensing his own mortality lately - and knowing his place in history - he's out there divulging as much Beatles history as possible. Lot's of information on individual songs... let's hope he keeps this trend up for a few years.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
                              -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

• Visually very well-done article in the Times, about the lingering damage the hurricane did to one Puerto Rican town.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...core-ios-share

Good data about FEMA's efforts there. If Trump could stop being stupid for one second and communicate coherently, he could say (correctly) that FEMA has done a lot of sustained work in PR. But a lot more is needed there. It would be a scandal if this happened in a US state.
                                - SeattleUte

Comment

Working...
                                X