Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security is our new state religion. Bow down and submit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kimchicoug View Post
    I've been listening on the way to work to this podcast: Dan Carlin's Common Sense and he agrees with you. Although he just calls it straight up corruption.

I'm not sure I agree, but it was definitely interesting to here him argue that Watergate couldn't happen today due to the new security laws.
    Bingo. The whistleblowers of watergate would be tried for treason today. I bet Julian Assange wishes he was from the 60's.

Comment

Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
      Bingo. The whistleblowers of watergate would be tried for treason today. I bet Julian Assange wishes he was from the 60's.
      Oh please, let's at least not be dumb about this.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
        Oh please, let's at least not be dumb about this.
        Come on. People are convicted of treason all the time.
        "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
        "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
        "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
          Luckily for us the Fox News/MSNBC courts' authority is not recognized by the government.
          "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Originally posted by DU Ute View Post
            And shot too. And drawn and quartered. And their heads put on spikes in the town square and their headless bodies dragged through the streets.

Isn't Assange actually accused of rape?

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

And shot too. And drawn and quartered. And their heads put on spikes in the town square and their headless bodies dragged through the streets.

Please look at what he is actually accused of. The British press has been very good at showing what really took place.

Portly, pin-striped lawyer Mark Stephens says his client, WikiLeaks boss Julian Assange, is accused of ‘sex by surprise’ in Sweden.

‘Whatever “sex by surprise” is, it’s only an offence in Sweden,’ says Stephens.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...#ixzz20JCFJ2km
              http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...-surprise.html

Also:

True, one of Assange's accusers sounds tailor-made for those who think Assange is being set up in Sweden by dark CIA-backed operatives who want him smeared or silenced for his document dumping with WikiLeaks. She's a 31-year-old blond academic and member of the Social Democratic Party who's known for her radical feminist views, once wrote a treatise on how to take revenge against men and was once thrown out of Cuba for subversive activities.

But others say Assange, who denies any wrongdoing and says the sex was consensual, may have just run afoul of Sweden's unusual rape laws, which are considered pro-feminist because of the consideration given issues of consent when it comes to sexual activity -- including even the issue of whether a condom was used.

In fact, the current prosecutor, Marianne Ny, who re-opened the case against Assange, has been active in the proposed reforms of Swedish rape laws that would, if passed, involve an investigation of whether an imbalance in power between two people could void one person's insistence that the sex was consensual.
              http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/02/se...riminal-probe/

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                Weighing in on church finances, i see.
                ER should take all that credit.

Comment

Originally posted by edward777 View Post
                  Please look at what he is actually accused of. The British press has been very good at showing what really took place.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/ar...-surprise.html

Also:

http://www.aolnews.com/2010/12/02/se...riminal-probe/
                  So I was correct, he's accused of rape, not treason.

Comment

Discrediting people based on charges. Now myboynoah is taking on prophets of the restoration! Where did this all this anti-church hostility come from?
                    Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

ER should take all that credit.
                      Thanks! I did catch the reference, but I'm a little confused. On the one hand, you seem to be siding with our latest up-all-night conspiracy theorist. On the other, you seem to be implying that the church is covering up the equivalent of assassination attempts.

Which direction were you going?
                      At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                      -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                        Discrediting people based on charges. Now myboynoah is taking on prophets of the restoration! Where did this all this anti-church hostility come from?

I was noting that Assange is accused of rape, not treason.

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
                          Thanks! I did catch the reference, but I'm a little confused. On the one hand, you seem to be siding with our latest up-all-night conspiracy theorist. On the other, you seem to be implying that the church is covering up the equivalent of assassination attempts.

Those sound like they should both be on the same hand.

Comment

Those sound like they should both be on the same hand.
                            I don't think so, but if you do, that's a pretty harsh position to take.

Not even the Water Cooler is safe for us faithful any more!
                            At least the Big Ten went after a big-time addition in Nebraska; the Pac-10 wanted a game so badly, it added Utah
                            -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post

What constitutes a "conspiracy theorist?" I remember a few years back when I first heard about the CIA using, and promoting LSD in order to experiment on its application as a mind control agent. I thought that was crazy until I found out it was true. So by the time I heard about the US government injecting unsuspecting Latin Americans with sexually transmitted diseases in order to see what it did to them I was really not that surprised. One wonders what other things our government has done all in the name of national security.

Comment

Originally posted by edward777 View Post
                                What constitutes a "conspiracy theorist?" I remember a few years back when I first heard about the CIA using, and promoting LSD in order to experiment on its application as a mind control agent. I thought that was crazy until I found out it was true. So by the time I heard about the US government injecting unsuspecting Latin Americans with sexually transmitted diseases in order to see what it did to them I was really not that surprised. One wonders what other things our government has done all in the name of national security.
                                I think you answered your own question. In the next sentence.
                                -Berry Trammel, 12/3/10

Comment

Working...
                                X