Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Security is our new state religion. Bow down and submit!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by edward777 View Post
    What constitutes a "conspiracy theorist?" I remember a few years back when I first heard about the CIA using, and promoting LSD in order to experiment on its application as a mind control agent. I thought that was crazy until I found out it was true. So by the time I heard about the US government injecting unsuspecting Latin Americans with sexually transmitted diseases in order to see what it did to them I was really not that surprised. One wonders what other things our government has done all in the name of national security.
    The craziest thing I heard the CIA did was Operation Acoustic Kitty...

“They slit the cat open, put batteries in him, wired him up. The tail was used as an antenna. They made a monstrosity. They tested him and tested him. They found he would walk off the job when he got hungry, so they put another wire in to override that. Finally, they’re ready. They took it out to a park bench and said, “Listen to those two guys. Don’t listen to anything else – not the birds, no cat or dog – just those two guy."

After several surgeries and intensive training, the cyborg cat was ready for its first field test. The CIA drove the cat to a Soviet compound on Wisconsin Avenue in Washington, D.C., and let him out of a parked van across the street. The cat ambled into the road, and was struck by a taxi almost immediately. Five years of effort and over $15 million in spending were reduced to roadkill in an instant. Shorty after its demise a CIA operative returned to the accident site and put the cat’s remains into a container to prevent the Soviets from getting their paws on the sensitive and expensive listening devices.
    Those CIA bastards.
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Those CIA bastards.
      At the risk of discrediting a whole nation, those Soviets were ruthless.
      Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post

Those CIA bastards.
        I lol'ed.

Comment

Originally posted by ERCougar View Post
          I think you answered your own question. In the next sentence.
          So you don't believe what I posted? What about:

LSD and the CIA: http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-10996838

http://www.time.com/time/magazine/ar...915244,00.html

Source uses humor but does include references: http://www.cracked.com/blog/five-fun...e-cia-and-lsd/

Injecting innocent people with sexually transmitted diseases:

It was more extensive than the article points out but I think this is sufficient http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/upshot/u...periments.html

So if, when these things were taking place, a person would have made these claims would they have been judged as a "conspiracy theorist?" Probably. So I am wondering, ERCougar, is the US government more or less ethical than it was in the 1950s and 1960s? What is going on now that many patriotic Americans would deny since we are the "good guys?"

Comment

Originally posted by myboynoah View Post
            At the risk of discrediting a whole nation, those Soviets were ruthless.
            Yes, those SOB's did unspeakable things to dogs...

Cats are one thing but dogs?!? Double bastards.
            "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
            "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
            "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

And shot too. And drawn and quartered. And their heads put on spikes in the town square and their headless bodies dragged through the streets.

Isn't Assange actually accused of rape?
              Yes, Assange is accused of rape. But I didn't pull the treason thing out of thin air. I know as well as anybody that Assange could not be tried for treason, but apparently Senator Lieberman didn't. And it makes you wonder if he was in charge, if the watergate folks might not indeed be tried for it today.

[YOUTUBE]7WuuGKW_eNc&feature=player_embedded#! [/YOUTUBE]

Fox News: “What to you think of the Justice Department’s action so far in not to charge Julian Assange with treason?”

Senator Lieberman: “Aaah, I don’t understand why that hasn’t happened yet. I mean, we can go back to the earlier dump of classified documents, mostly related to the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. It occurred in July and to me that was a violation of the espionage as well.”

Comment

Originally posted by taekwondave View Post
                Yes, Assange is accused of rape. But I didn't pull the treason thing out of thin air. I know as well as anybody that Assange could not be tried for treason, but apparently Senator Lieberman didn't. And it makes you wonder if he was in charge, if the watergate folks might not indeed be tried for it today.

[YOUTUBE]7WuuGKW_eNc&feature=player_embedded#! [/YOUTUBE]

Fox News: “What to you think of the Justice Department’s action so far in not to charge Julian Assange with treason?”

Senator Lieberman: “Aaah, I don’t understand why that hasn’t happened yet. I mean, we can go back to the earlier dump of classified documents, mostly related to the war in Iraq and Afghanistan. It occurred in July and to me that was a violation of the espionage as well.”
                Thank you for confirming that Assange is not accused of treason, and even your assessment that he could not be tried for treason.

I once rode to the airport with Senator Lieberman. We talked about his appearances on Imus in the Morning. We did not talk about all the horrible things he might do if he were in charge.
                Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."

Comment

Thank you for confirming that Assange is not accused of treason, and even your assessment that he could not be tried for treason.

I once rode to the airport with Senator Lieberman. We talked about his appearances on Imus in the Morning. We did not talk about all the horrible things he might do if he were in charge.
                  As for my original comment. It was hyberbole.

Comment

Working...
                  X