Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 80 of 80

Thread: Questions introduced asked/begged then unanswered in rock lyrics

  1. #61
    Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Posts
    4,561

    Default

    How does your light shine in the halls of Shambala?
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

  2. #62
    Strikes and Gutters chrisrenrut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Davis County, UT
    Posts
    967

    Default

    Does anyone really know what time it is? Does anyone really care?

  3. #63
    Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant SoCalCoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    5,103

    Default

    Who let the dogs out?
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

    "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

    "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

  4. #64
    Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant SoCalCoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    5,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
    Who let the dogs out?
    And please don't tell me this one's answered in the lyrics, too.
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

    "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

    "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

  5. #65
    Soul Plumber wuapinmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hartsville, South Carolina
    Posts
    27,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
    You don't "listen" to Meatloaf's lyrics. You feel them; you experience them; they force themselves on you.

    And if you miss the very beginning of the song, you spend the remaining twenty-three minutes of it crying out in an angst-filled scream, "What, Meatloaf?!? What is it you won't do?!? I must have missed it! What is it you won't do, dammit!?!"

    I've got a whole laundry list of things Rick Astley won't do, but because I guess I don't pay attention to the very beginning of Meatloaf's song, I just don't know what he won't do!
    2 out of 3 ain't bad.
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

  6. #66
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,205

    Default

    Oh very young, what will you leave us is time?
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

  7. #67
    RIP CUF DU Ute's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Holladay
    Posts
    7,446

    Default

    Who'll stop the rain?
    "In conclusion, let me give a shout-out to dirty sex. What a great thing it is" - Northwestcoug
    "And you people wonder why you've had extermination orders issued against you." - landpoke
    "Can't . . . let . . . foolish statements . . . by . . . BYU fans . . . go . . . unanswered . . . ." - LA Ute

  8. #68
    Signature won a Pulitzer Paperback Writer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In the Darkness on the Edge of Town
    Posts
    4,561

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by DU Ute View Post
    Who'll stop the rain?
    I want to know, have you ever seen the rain, comin' down on a sunny day?
    “Not the victory but the action. Not the goal but the game. In the deed the glory.”
    "All things are measured against Nebraska." falafel

  9. #69
    Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,733

    Default

    Am I suppose to believe JBV really went 1,000,000/1,000,000? Not a single unrocked face?!?



  10. #70
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    14,335

    Default

    Ok, we've been able to produce of a lot of dumb questions raised that remained unanswered, but I will be very impressed if someone can produce a question begged in rock lyrics. Go!
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  11. #71
    Ragnar Lodbrok Descendant SoCalCoug's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Orange County, California
    Posts
    5,103

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Commando View Post
    Ok, we've been able to produce of a lot of dumb questions raised that remained unanswered, but I will be very impressed if someone can produce a question begged in rock lyrics. Go!
    . . . People are people . . . - Depeche Mode
    If we disagree on something, it's because you're wrong.

    "Somebody needs to kill my trial attorney." — Last words of George Harris, executed in Missouri on Sept. 13, 2000.

    "Nothing is too good to be true, nothing is too good to last, nothing is too wonderful to happen." - Florence Scoville Shinn

  12. #72
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    14,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
    . . . People are people . . . - Depeche Mode
    Hmm. Here's the full question.


    People are people so why should it be
    You and I should get along so awfully?


    Can we get a ruling?
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  13. #73
    Operation Hot Mother Parrot Head's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Southern Part of Heaven
    Posts
    2,168

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by creekster View Post
    How can you have any pudding if you won't eat your meat?
    I use that with my kids on a weekly basis and they're still confused, especially as to why I ask that when we in fact do not have any pudding on hand.
    I have nothing else to say at this time.

  14. #74

    Default

    Anybody here named Kenneth? And do you, and only you, know what the frequency is?

  15. #75
    Explosivo Commando's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Scottsdale, Arizona
    Posts
    14,335

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Parrot Head View Post
    I use that with my kids on a weekly basis and they're still confused, especially as to why I ask that when we in fact do not have any pudding on hand.
    This line made more sense to me after I spent some time in New Zealand-- where I learned that pudding is just another word for dessert. (I guess the British/British colonies don't just have a disproportionately insatiable taste for pudding- sorry Cos)
    "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

  16. #76
    Soul Plumber wuapinmon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Hartsville, South Carolina
    Posts
    27,613

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oxcoug View Post
    Digging through my mental song database - familiar but who sings it?
    "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

  17. #77
    Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    8,733

    Default

    I had totally forgotten about this thread. Much like seeing pics of myself in my 20s, it's almost sad to realize that CUF CS will never look or be as good, as it was in it's heyday.

  18. #78

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I had totally forgotten about this thread. Much like seeing pics of myself in my 20s, it's almost sad to realize that CUF CS will never look or be as good, as it was in it's heyday.
    Time stand still —
    I’m not looking back —
    But I want to look around me now
    See more of the people
    And the places that surround me now

  19. #79
    Bald not naked Pelado's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    The 208
    Posts
    8,474

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by clackamascoug View Post
    Before we go any further... Do you love me? Will you love me forever...?
    Isn't this thread for unanswered questions? Meatloaf very clearly answered that question.

    Also:

    Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs*
    And what's wrong with that?
    Last edited by Pelado; 11-10-2017 at 04:32 AM.
    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
    - Goatnapper'96

  20. #80
    It is NOT a monkey! creekster's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    The Creek
    Posts
    20,205

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post

    Some people want to fill the world with silly love songs*
    And what's wrong with that?
    That is less a question than it is a rhetorical challenge to John Lennon who had criticized McCartney for his silly love songs.
    PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •