Questions introduced asked/begged then unanswered in rock lyrics

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Questions introduced asked/begged then unanswered in rock lyrics

This seems to happen a lot. I'll give two very different examples.

When Ratt says "round and round - what goes around comes around - I'll tell you why." The dude NEVER gets back to telling us why.

Another, in the Police Synchronicity II Sting sings "many miles away, something crawls to the surface of a dark Scottish loch." - Never do we learn what that thing is.

This thread is dedicated to getting all such questions out in the open and seeing if we can find some answers.
    Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Why would a big-legged woman not have any soul? Wouldn't it be the other way around?
    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

I've never understood why fat bottomed girls make the rocking world go round. Just doesn't make sense.

When poet puts pen to paper imagination breathes life, finding hearth and home.
      -Mid Summer's Night Dream

Comment

Originally posted by clackamascoug View Post
        I've never understood why fat bottomed girls make the rocking world go round. Just doesn't make sense.
        That's funny. I was about to make the same comment.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

Who can it be knocking at his door? Is it the man come to take him away?

Comment

Is grunge included? Because I would like to understand the meaning of Pearl Jam lyrics. All of them.

Comment

Originally posted by Colly Wolly View Post
              Is grunge included? Because I would like to understand the meaning of Pearl Jam lyrics. All of them.
              Pearl Jam is one of the bands with not very deep lyrics. Oooooh eeeeeevennn restinhisheadohnapillowmade uh concrete!.... gnashed his teethnbitthe recesslady's breast! Howwww couldIII forget? And he hit me with a surprise left! My jaw left hurrtin dropped wide open... just like the dayyyy...
              "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Def Leppard specializes in this shit. Love Bites reads like a butt hair-rock Alma 5.

When you make love, do you look in the mirror? Who do you think of? Does he look like me? Etc.
                "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by oxcoug View Post

Another, in the Police Synchronicity II Sting sings "many miles away, something crawls to the surface of a dark Scottish loch." - Never do we learn what that thing is.
                  I assumed it was the Lochness monster.

Comment

Raise a question =/= beg a question.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Begging_the_question
                    τὸν ἥλιον ἀνατέλλοντα πλείονες ἢ δυόμενον προσκυνοῦσιν

Comment

Originally posted by Commando View Post
                      Pearl Jam is one of the bands with not very deep lyrics. Oooooh eeeeeevennn restinhisheadohnapillowmade uh concrete!.... gnashed his teethnbitthe recesslady's breast! Howwww couldIII forget? And he hit me with a surprise left! My jaw left hurrtin dropped wide open... just like the dayyyy...
                      Why did he bite the recess lady's breast? Why did the dead lay in pools of maroon below? Do I deserve to be (alive)? That is the question. And who answers? Who answers?

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post

Clearly.

Which is why I included three different verbs - introduce, ask and beg - some rock lyrics introduce questions, some ask them directly, some beg them.
                        Ute-ī sunt fīmī differtī

It can't all be wedding cake.

Comment

What is the pompatus of love, and why does Steve Miller (aka the space sowboy, the gangster of love, or Maurice) speak of it, so much so that he was given the aforementioned sobriquets?

Comment

Did you write the book of love?
                            And do you have faith in God above (if the Bible tells you so)?
                            Now do you believe in rock and roll?
                            Can music save your mortal soul?
                            And can you teach me how to dance real slow?

Comment

Originally posted by All-American View Post

I think this is a lost cause. Virtually no one uses this correctly. In another generation the original meaning is going to be erased from common usage.
                              Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                              X