You be trippin'?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
    How about pro tips for Vegas itself? Mrs. Diddley hates Sin City, so this will be our first overnight stay there. What are some of the good options for a victory dinner?
    Bag the spa, go get a foot massage. Cheap and very relaxing. While your in the area there's a great pho place across the street where I dined with Dhole and DDD.

Comment

• For those who are driving, when are you going - tonight, Fri A.M, Fri P.M? I hope someone vandalized the Ute exit sign on I-15.
      "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

How about pro tips for Vegas itself? Mrs. Diddley hates Sin City, so this will be our first overnight stay there. What are some of the good options for a victory dinner?
        I hear the gambling in Vegas is first rate.

Comment

• Originally posted by Applejack View Post
          I hear the gambling in Vegas is first rate.
          You've probably only heard that from people who haven't been to Laughlin - truly a gambling Mecca.
          "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
          - Goatnapper'96

Comment

ball out at robuchon
            Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Originally posted by San Juan Sun View Post
              Buchanel (sp?) is the buffet at Caesar's. It's pretty good. There is an excellent Vegas thread in the diner forum you can check out as well.
              That's the best buffet, Wicked Spoon at Cosmo a close second.

Nobu in Caesar or Koi in PH if you like sushi. Nice tasting menu keeping the check under $500, Picaso in Bellagio or L'atelier de Joel Rubochon at MGM. Steak Del Frisco's about a half mile off the strip (hat tip to Coach McGuirk) or Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak at MGM.

Best restaurant in Vegas, 15 course tasting, 3 Michelin Stars, Joel Rubochon at MGM. Don't worry about price and plan 3.5-4 hours. Worth both the time and the money.

For places off the strip Fus and Donut have a bunch of good suggestions in the Vegas dining thread.
              Last edited by HuskyFreeNorthwest; 12-17-2015, 04:56 PM.
              Get confident, stupid
              -landpoke

Comment

• Don't listen to these clowns, Bo Diddley. You should go to the dinner show at the Ex Calibur. Real jousting!
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• I just got free tickets to the game but we'll have to drive. I heard that there is construction in the AZ canyon on I-15 and it could mean big delays. We're not leaving until early Saturday morning.
                  "Either evolution or intelligent design can account for the athlete, but neither can account for the sports fan." - Robert Brault

"Once I seen the trades go down and the other guys signed elsewhere," he said, "I knew it was my time now." - Derrick Favors

Comment

• Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
                    That's the best buffet, Wicked Spoon at Cosmo a close second.

Nobu in Caesar or Koi in PH if you like sushi. Nice tasting menu keeping the check under $500, Picaso in Bellagio or L'atelier de Joel Rubochon at MGM. Steak Del Frisco's about a half mile off the strip (hat tip to Coach McGuirk) or Tom Colicchio's Craftsteak at MGM.

Best restaurant in Vegas, 15 course tasting, 3 Michelin Stars, Joel Rubochon at MGM. Don't worry about price and plan 3.5-4 hours. Worth both the time and the money.

For places off the strip Fus and Donute have a bunch of good suggestions in the Vegas dining thread.
                    second del frisco's. best chain steak around, and reasonably priced.

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                      I just got free tickets to the game but we'll have to drive. I heard that there is construction in the AZ canyon on I-15 and it could mean big delays. We're not leaving until early Saturday morning.
                      we're leaving st. george on saturday morning and are going to take 91 if it's bad

Comment

• Originally posted by Blueintheface View Post
                        I just got free tickets to the game but we'll have to drive. I heard that there is construction in the AZ canyon on I-15 and it could mean big delays. We're not leaving until early Saturday morning.
                        They have been saying that for weeks and weeks, and i've yet to hit traffic going through there. That said, when there is traffic, it is gnarly.
                        Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Don't listen to these clowns, Bo Diddley. You should go to the dinner show at the Ex Calibur. Real jousting!
                          That actually sounds pretty fun.

Comment

• I think that canyon has been under construction for months.

I am leaving tomorrow at 9am. Can't wait!!!
                            *Banned*

Comment

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
                              I think that canyon has been under construction for months.

I am leaving tomorrow at 9am. Can't wait!!!
                              Don't forget to wave on your way through
                              "The first thing I learned upon becoming a head coach after fifteen years as an assistant was the enormous difference between making a suggestion and making a decision."

"They talk about the economy this year. Hey, my hairline is in recession, my waistline is in inflation. Altogether, I'm in a depression."

"I like to bike. I could beat Lance Armstrong, only because he couldn't pass me if he was behind me."

-Rick Majerus

Comment

• Originally posted by Jarid in Cedar View Post
                                Don't forget to wave on your way through
                                Lunch at Sonny Boy's!
                                "It's devastating, because we lost to a team that's not even in the Pac-12. To lose to Utah State is horrible." - John White IV

Comment

Working...
                                X