Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4121314

Thread: You be trippin'?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelado View Post
    Would I-15 be the best route from the airport?
    Quote Originally Posted by old_gregg View Post
    215 to 15 is probably best but still not good enough.
    They are identical. You can verify on Google maps if you wish.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    probably would depend on traffic at that moment.

Looks like I have tickets for the Wisconsin game (my parents fly out for their mission that Friday. Just need to drive 9 hours on Friday afternoon and then hop in the car immediately after the game is over to drive 9 hours to get back home. Still really want to do it despite all the driving.

Quote Originally Posted by Omaha 680 View Post
    If I search my feelings I know you are all right, but I'm an irrational optimist about things like this. If the flight is on time, I will almost certainly give it a shot. Even making three quarters of the game would be worth it to me.
    This would have been much better for that bowl game two years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Quote Originally Posted by Moliere View Post
    This would have been much better for that bowl game two years ago

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I watched the first quarter of that game in my wife's hospital room as we were picking up her and the boy a couple days after his birth. We watched the rest at home. My Ute BIL was bombarding me with snarky texts which ended abruptly midway through the second quarter. After that I kept sending him texts every 15 minutes or so saying I was busy tending to the baby and to please give me an update on the game. He didn't respond until it was over.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
    215 has some construction going on though. I've avoided it this spring/summer. Not sure how it will be this fall. It might be wrapped up.

http://www.udot.utah.gov/215renewed/300_east_home/

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

I want to remind everyone of the value of having Omaha being at a BYU game against a team in red, and his dedication to getting there. http://www.cougarstadium.com/search....archid=2745426

If I were in Utah I would be at the airport waiting for you, then we would Smoky and the Bandit by any means necessary to LES. However, I believe thy faith shall make us whole on September 9th.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Just started checking prices to em-eye-crooked letter-crooked letter-eye-humpback-humback- eye. This game is going to cost me more than if I went to Hawaii. I may need to reconsider my plans.

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    I want to remind everyone of the value of having Omaha being at a BYU game against a team in red, and his dedication to getting there. http://www.cougarstadium.com/search....archid=2745426

If I were in Utah I would be at the airport waiting for you, then we would Smoky and the Bandit by any means necessary to LES. However, I believe thy faith shall make us whole on September 9th.
    Link doesn't work for me, but I'm assuming that is from the Nebraska game. I won't mention BYU's record at rivalry games I have attended

Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    Just started checking prices to em-eye-crooked letter-crooked letter-eye-humpback-humback- eye. This game is going to cost me more than if I went to Hawaii. I may need to reconsider my plans.
    Are you trying to spell Mississippi? If so, an unfortunate attempt.
    "Seriously, is there a bigger high on the whole face of the earth than eating a salad?"--SeattleUte
    "The only Ute to cause even half the nationwide hysteria of Jimmermania was Ted Bundy."--TripletDaddy
    This is a tough, NYC broad, a doctor who deals with bleeding organs, dying people and testicles on a regular basis without crying."--oxcoug
    "I'm not impressed (and I'm even into choreography . . .)"--Donuthole
    "I too was fortunate to leave with my same balls."--byu71

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    MI...K? K? I...hmmmmm.... I.

Given Art's level of education, I do think he's trying for Mississippi.
    Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Quote Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
    Starkville is tough. IIRC, it's within 2-6 hours of about 5 airports, so even though you won't be able to fly right into town, you should have plenty of flight options. While flying into Jackson gets you closest to Starkville (2 hrs), it's also going to be more expensive. If it were me, I'd fly I to New Orleans a day or two early and hang out there. Memphis would be my second choice.
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post

You were warned.
    Prepare to put mustard on those words, for you will soon be consuming them, along with this slice of humble pie that comes direct from the oven of shame set at gas mark “egg on your face”! -- Moss

There are three rules that I live by: never get less than twelve hours sleep; never play cards with a guy who has the same first name as a city; and never get involved with a woman with a tattoo of a dagger on her body. Now you stick to that, and everything else is cream cheese. --Coach Finstock

Striving for mediocrity Art Vandelay's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lost Student View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by falafel View Post
    MI...K? K? I...hmmmmm.... I.

Given Art's level of education, I do think he's trying for Mississippi.
    I screwed it up. I barely can type normal words on a keyboard. a stupid saying on tapatalk? Forget about it.

No one else has heard of that saying? My mom taught it to me when I was little. Though, considering she attended a single room school for a short time when she was young, falafel makes a valid point about my academic bonafides.

We are watching my wife's best friend's kids from 9/2 to 9/9, which means I won't be at LSU or Utah.
    Jesus wants me for a sunbeam.

"Cog dis is a bitch." -James Patterson