You be trippin'?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You be trippin'?!

Which road games are on your list this year?

I'm working on plans for South Bend and GaTech is a given barring anything crazy. (By the way, I received an Alumni email saying "Atlanta is CougarTown" -- I thought that was interesting phrasing.) And it looks like I might be able to hit the USU game and while it's at the LES, I'd be coming from way out of town for my first home game since the year 2000.

Edit: I see SoCal is on the South Bend list also.
    I have nothing else to say at this time.

I'm going to try to make the Georgia Tech game, but it's up in the air right now.
    Not that, sickos.

Comment

Originally posted by Parrot Head View Post
      ... And it looks like I might be able to hit the USU game and while it's at the LES, I'd be coming from way out of town for my first home game since the year 2000.
      It's nice that several out of state BYU fans, who would otherwise miss the USU game, will be in attendance because of a wedding between two Utes.

Comment

South Bend is a definite maybe.
        Everything in life is an approximation.

http://twitter.com/CougarStats

Comment

@Utah
          @Notre Dame
          @Georgia Tech

Completely unwilling to consider any roadtrips to New Mexico State or San Jose State.

Could be talked into a roadie to Boise State.

My first month of college football is looking pretty intense:
          1. Thurs 8/30 BYU vs. Washington State (Provo) (also, go see the Stanley Cup!)
          2. Saturday 9/8 SC @ Syracuse (Meadowlands, NJ)
          3. Saturday 9/15 BYU @ Utah (SLC)
          4. Friday 9/28 BYU vs Hawaii (Provo)
          5. Thurs 10/4 SC @ Utah (SLC)
          6. Friday 10/5 BYU vs. Utah State (Provo)

:rockon2:
          Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

BYU vs. WSU

BYU @ SJSU (TW has a coworker who has a son on that team, so we are going with them...I think.)

Possibly one other home game. Depends on TK2 committments.

Comment

My wife and I are going to the GaTech game for sure. As an undergraduate alumni of both, I am conflicted. However, I'm not conflicted about my order from The Varsity (2 slaw dogs, onion rings, peach pie, and a varsity orange).
              "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Utah @ USU

I'm also considering Boulder, Corvallis, and maybe Seattle. Boulder and Corvallis are more likely because I have family nearby.
                "I don't know the origin of said bitch booming."-Art Vandelay
                "Hot Lunch posted awhile back on this. He knows more than anyone except for maybe BO."-Seattle Ute

Comment

Just one for me this year, unsure if it will be Jan 1 in Pasadena or Jan 7 in Miami. I'll keep you updated.

Coaching two football teams is cramping my regular season travel style, but I wouldn't have it any other way. There will still be Duck games in 15 years, and hopefully I'll have a big group in tow with me then.
                  Get confident, stupid
                  -landpoke

Comment

Boise State, which is not very far. If anyone else is making the trip, let me know.
                    "I think it was King Benjamin who said 'you sorry ass shitbags who have no skills that the market values also have an obligation to have the attitude that if one day you do in fact win the PowerBall Lottery that you will then impart of your substance to those without.'"
                    - Goatnapper'96

Comment

I'll be at South Bend enjoying some of the free beer for BYU fans...
                      Don't worry about people stealing your ideas. If your ideas are any good, you'll have to ram them down people's throats.
                      - Howard Aiken

Any sufficiently complicated platform contains an ad hoc, informally-specified, bug-ridden, slow implementation of half of a functional programming language.
                      - Variation on Greenspun's Tenth Rule

Comment

For those going to the Georgia Tech game, we could eat together at Mary Mac's Tea Room. Here's the menu:

http://marymacs.com/LinkClick.aspx?f...1k%3d&tabid=54

Here's a map showing the distance between it and the stadium (0.8 miles).

https://maps.google.com/maps?saddr=m...us&mra=ls&z=17

It's got pretty good Southern food, and you can opt to eat family style. As for parking, I think we'll probably just choose taxis. Parking at GaTech was a beast when I was a student there, on game days it'll be impassable/impossible unless you're a season ticket holder.
                        "Yeah, but never trust a Ph.D who has an MBA as well. The PhD symbolizes intelligence and discipline. The MBA symbolizes lust for power." -- Katy Lied

Comment

Followed the Utes to South Bend a couple of years ago, and it was phenomenol.

We enjoyed it so much, we've already started budgeting for Ann Arbor in '14.

Comment

@Utah
                            @ND

so far. We'll see if any other opportunities present themselves.

Comment

I'm only going to the USC vs Utah game, in my USC apparel.

Comment

Working...
                              X