Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: Sacrament Dilemma

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie View Post
    After we did the sacrament, I elbowed my wife and said "Well, that was quick. Want to bear your testimony or something now?"

She just gave a little snort/chortle as she stood up and walked out of the room - followed closely behind by a giggling 17 yr old daughter.

So - we do dress up for the sacrament portion of our day (I mean, my wife wore a skirt with her t-shirt and my daughter was wearing a dress); but testimonies or any kind of actual meeting/service to go along with the sacrament is still a hard pass.

We did talk about the Come Unto Me lesson for a little bit though, which was nice.
    Reminds me of a rainy sunday on my mission when the only people who showed up to church were us two missionaries, one of our investigators, and the 2nd councilor in the branch presidency. I can't remember how, but somehow we did the full block. Sacrament meeting was last and it happened to be fast Sunday. After the 2nd councilor and us missionaries bore our testimonies, there was a good 40 minutes left in the meeting. It appeared as if the 2nd councilor might make us wait it out, but when he looked at me I suggested he might want to just end the meeting. Thankfully he complied.

The moral of the story is Argentines hate rain.

Quote Originally Posted by Walter Sobchak View Post
    No, we sing TRUOS... in Mandarin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clark Addison View Post
    Do they sing that POS hymn as much in Taiwan as they do in Hong Kong?
    You shut your whore mouth!
    You're actually pretty funny when you aren't being a complete a-hole....so basically like 5% of the time. --Art Vandelay
    Almost everything you post is snarky, smug, condescending, or just downright mean-spirited. --Jeffrey Lebowski

Anyone can make war, but only the most courageous can make peace. --President Donald J. Trump
    You furnish the pictures, and I’ll furnish the war. --William Randolph Hearst

Time to camp HuskyFreeNorthwest's Avatar

Our order for the past two weeks has been

Mumbled opening song by all except our youngest who is at full volume.

Briefest possible prayer by any child

Sacrament by Jr. An aside here our minister is the patriarch from our stake and he emailed me telling me it was my “heavy responsibility” to ensure the prayers are said correctly, if it wouldn’t have angered my wife I would be making him repeat each prayer multiple times “No that felt more like a comma pause than a period pause. Better safe than sorry, go again”

Week 1-YouTube Jeffery Holland “An High Priest of Good Things to Come”
    Week 2-YouTube Dieter “Lord is it I?”

Short argument over if another song is needed or not.

Even briefer prayer by a different child.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

Quote Originally Posted by chrisrenrut View Post
    We watch Music and the Spoken Word, then a conference talk. Then do the sacrament and call it good. I do dress up, our Bishop specifically requested dressing in Sunday best in his instructions, so we are supporting him. It’s a small sacrifice.
    It is fun watching and trying to narrow down the date from which they are rebroadcasting based on seeing members who retired or are new.
    We do opening song and prayer, sacrament song and sacrament by my 3 sons (D, T, P). I did make my son repeat it a couple weeks ago as he added always to the water prayer. Then we have closing prayer and retire to the TV to watch a BOM video or two and then do CFM a few hours later. It went especially well last Sunday.
    “Every player dreams of being a Yankee, and if they don’t it’s because they never got the chance.” Aroldis Chapman

Quote Originally Posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
    Our order for the past two weeks has been

Mumbled opening song by all except our youngest who is at full volume.

Briefest possible prayer by any child

Sacrament by Jr. An aside here our minister is the patriarch from our stake and he emailed me telling me it was my “heavy responsibility” to ensure the prayers are said correctly, if it wouldn’t have angered my wife I would be making him repeat each prayer multiple times “No that felt more like a comma pause than a period pause. Better safe than sorry, go again”

Week 1-YouTube Jeffery Holland “An High Priest of Good Things to Come”
    Week 2-YouTube Dieter “Lord is it I?”

Short argument over if another song is needed or not.

Even briefer prayer by a different child.
    Perfect.
    Give 'em Hell, Cougars!!!

For all this His anger is not turned away, but His hand is stretched out still.

Not long ago an obituary appeared in the Salt Lake Tribune that said the recently departed had "died doing what he enjoyed most—watching BYU lose."