Thanks, Provo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
    Lehis new Mayor Mark Johnson, pointed this out and contacted the author of the article.
    What a maroon. The article clearly states this is about the Provo metro area, of which Lehi is a part.

Comment

• Originally posted by LiveCoug View Post
      What a maroon. The article clearly states this is about the Provo metro area, of which Lehi is a part.
      Not to mention the fact that Lehi would be nowhere without the business leaders and tech folks that BYU keeps cranking out. What a knucklehead.
      "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
      "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
      "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Not a perfect fit for this thread, but this will do. Interesting article about a non-LDS guy that moved from SF to Provo.

https://medium.com/@shl/from-bubble-...e-21d86195e178
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

• i would bet a fair amount of money that the brigham in the story is brigham daniels from byu law. awesome guy.
          Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• Listen to this man Provo and let Maple Mountain Brew Co open.

Provo should care more about their own outgroup, the areligious. In Provo, Mormons rule. If you’re a non-Mormon, you’re in the minority regardless of your skin color. Your lifestyle is infringed upon and your vote is disenfranchised. Public transport is closed on Sundays, as well as the municipal gym. It would be more welcoming to people like me if Sundays didn’t feel so hostile.
            As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
            --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
              Not a perfect fit for this thread, but this will do. Interesting article about a non-LDS guy that moved from SF to Provo.

https://medium.com/@shl/from-bubble-...e-21d86195e178
              Excellent. Really wonderful post. Love this line and lol at the warning:

Today, I only debate in person. Anything else is pointless, because it is too easy to walk away. I make sure we’re pulling from the same dictionary, and I make sure we’re aligned on the same goal, and not about making sure the other person converts to their side. (Warning: This does not work with Mormon missionaries.)

Comment

• That dude is a dipshit. I'm racist if I oppose the legalization of marijuana? Whatever, dipshit.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
                  That dude is a dipshit. I'm racist if I oppose the legalization of marijuana? Whatever, dipshit.
                  lol

Comment

That dude is a dipshit. I'm racist if I oppose the legalization of marijuana? Whatever, dipshit.
                    He voted for Hillary... that should have been your first clue.
                    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
                    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                      He voted for Hillary... that should have been your first clue.
                      Wow. You are hitting a Clinton angle in almost every post today.

Comment

Yeah, that part was pretty dumb. But I can see now how liberals justify applying that term so often.
                        Ain't it like most people, I'm no different. We love to talk on things we don't know about.

"The only one of us who is so significant that Jeff owes us something simply because he decided to grace us with his presence is falafel." -- All-American

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

I had considered sharing that article with others, but that part of the article rendered the rest of it useless. It's unfortunate the majority of media consumers cannot employ critical thinking to articles and extract that which passes cursory logic application and disregard the rest. The part about having face-to-face conversations is right on point. Agile Manifesto 12 principles FTW.

Comment

• "it just has a vastly disproportionate effect on members of minority groups, particularly those in intersectional minority groups, with no real upshot. how could it be racist?"

Comment

• Originally posted by old_gregg View Post
                              "it just has a vastly disproportionate effect on members of minority groups, particularly those in intersectional minority groups, with no real upshot. how could it be racist?"
                              The why it has a disproportionate effect on members of minority groups is important. Why do they use it? Culture? The reasons may have nothing to do with marijuana itself. It's a known remedy for stress and anxiety. If the reason is that minorities are more stressed and feel greater anxiety, then that is a different problem that legalization only masks.

Issues related specifically to how the laws are written are also important. The use in public still facilitates lopsided punishment along race and ethnic lines.

https://psmag.com/news/why-legalizin...and-how-it-can

The "no real upshot" is a debatable point.
                              https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...fle-motivation

This perspective could make it racist to allow legal marijuana as it perpetuates the public image of minority groups that use it as lazy and unproductive.

Comment

• Originally posted by swampfrog View Post
                                The why it has a disproportionate effect on members of minority groups is important. Why do they use it? Culture? The reasons may have nothing to do with marijuana itself. It's a known remedy for stress and anxiety. If the reason is that minorities are more stressed and feel greater anxiety, then that is a different problem that legalization only masks.

Issues related specifically to how the laws are written are also important. The use in public still facilitates lopsided punishment along race and ethnic lines.

https://psmag.com/news/why-legalizin...and-how-it-can

The "no real upshot" is a debatable point.
                                https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...fle-motivation

This perspective could make it racist to allow legal marijuana as it perpetuates the public image of minority groups that use it as lazy and unproductive.
                                yes this makes sense. wouldn’t give a 16 year old keys to the ferrari—way too immature and irresponsible.

Comment

Working...
                                X