Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Provo ranks high in uniformity...

Provo ranked as one of least diverse cities in US

A new report says Provo is one of the least ethnically diverse cities in the nation. Wallet Hub, a personal finance social network, conducted a study of the most diverse cities in the U.S.

Provo finished number four of the lease diverse, following close behind Pittsburgh and Columbia, Missouri. Orem was also low on the list and Salt Lake ranked in the middle.

On the other side of the spectrum, the most diverse cities are in California: Los Angeles and Long Beach.
    http://www.kutv.com/news/features/lo...S-131015.shtml
    "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
    "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
    "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Shocking.
      I'm like LeBron James.
      -mpfunk

Comment

Lets hear it for Long Beach!
        "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
        "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
        "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Provo is making LA look good... Thanks, Provo!

Provo air ranked dirtiest in nation

Federal environmental officials reported that Provo residents were breathing in the most polluted air in the country on Dec. 29.

The Daily Herald reports that Provo has not maintained the top ranking on the Environmental Protection Agency's airnow.gov website since then, but the Utah County city has consistently ranked among the top five cities with the filthiest air on the website.
          [...]
          http://kutv.com/news/local/provo-air...-air-in-county
          "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

On December 29. = fully attributed to inversion.
            "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Good article.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/carolineodo...oming-for-utah

Comment

Provo airport now supporting flights to San Diego.

http://provomayor.com/2016/06/28/new...ight-giveaway/

Wonderful news, but please bring back the Provo-Denver flight!
                "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.

Comment

Provo/Orem #7 on most educated cities US cities.

http://www.heraldextra.com/news/loca...ntent=headline

Comment

Take that, haters.

Comment

• (bump)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...es/1017141001/

Best-performing large metro areas:
                      1. Provo, Utah. The region has become a technology hotbed, adding 5,500 jobs from 2011 to 2016. The hub is anchored by Adobe’s digital marketing unit, which employs more than 1,200. In 2017, the company said it would build a second facility next door, housing another 1,260 workers. Meanwhile, Brigham Young University provides a major pipeline of workers and start-ups. The university has spawned several tech ventures, including enterprise software firm Qualtrics, which is valued at $2.5 billion.
                      Take that, haters!

Downside: housing prices going up, up, up...

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                        (bump)

https://www.usatoday.com/story/money...es/1017141001/

Take that, haters!

When I was visiting over the holidays I couldn't shake the feeling that the Wasatch front was becoming just like California, which is both good but also has plenty of bad.
                        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

Yeah, I keep wondering were they are going to put people in the UV. When I was in Utah last week I saw on the local news a developer proposing to develop on (yes, on) Utah Lake (think "Palm Jumeirah" style) which reminded me of this wired article....

UTAH LAKE'S POOP-DRIVEN ALGAL BLOOM IS A CRAPPY SITUATION

ALGAE SWAMPED UTAH Lake last week, stretching over 134 square miles. The bright green bloom is mesmerizing — and possibly toxic. And, turns out, poop is partly to blame.

This stunning (and kind of gross) aerial captured by Salt Lake Tribune photographer Rick Egan shows the algae choking the water near the Utah Lake’s marina. The bloom was discovered around July 12, and at its peak covered 90 percent the water's surface, spreading north up the Jordan River toward the Great Salt Lake. High levels of cyanobacteria caused public health officials to close the lake for further testing, and posted signs warning unsuspecting visitors to keep out.
                          [...]
                          https://www.wired.com/2016/07/pretty...blame-pooping/
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

1. Provo, Utah. The region has become a technology hotbed, adding 5,500 jobs from 2011 to 2016.
                            • 3. Dallas, Texas. Already a popular headquarters location for companies like Exxon Mobil, AT&T and Southwest Airlines, the region added more than 50,000 high-skilled jobs from 2011 to 2016 in the professional, scientific and technical sectors.
                            LOL.
                            GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
                              Yeah, I keep wondering were they are going to put people in the UV. When I was in Utah last week I saw on the local news a developer proposing to develop on (yes, on) Utah Lake (think "Palm Jumeirah" style) which reminded me of this wired article....

https://www.wired.com/2016/07/pretty...blame-pooping/
                              Haha. UT responds with a random article from 2016.

Never change, buddy.

Comment

Haha. UT responds with a random article from 2016.

Never change, buddy.
                                You have to admit the thought of Provo's version of "Palm Jumeirah" with its algae green waters and dead carp floating up would be something else.
                                GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X