Dreams of CUF

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dreams of CUF

So I have been having a lot of dreams about CUF over the last couple of weeks (not THAT kind!), I am sure due to my inablity to be on here much.

It started about a 2 weeks ago when I dreamt that SU and I had to build a shed for a lawn mower. We opted to paint it a nice beige with red brown trim, it turned out very well giving someone a place to park their nice Kubota riding mower in it while not in use. There was not a lot of dialogue in this dream, just kind of random talking that would happen on a job site like "pass the socket set please."

Then about a week ago I dreamt that Jeff Lebowski and I were going to an archery tournament. It was like the world championships or national championships and they were divided by weight classes, and instead of shooting at traditional archery targets they would shoot at a dummy strapped to a bicycle that would ride back and forth down the field. The whole time during the dream Lebowski kept talking about how great our seats were, and how did we ever get such great seats.

Last night BYU was playing Notre Dame in the Holiday Bowl and the only problem was that I didn't go and it was on a secret TV station that only a select few knew. I started texting Junkie and he told me to go to a sports bar at the Gateway place in SLC (I guess I was in Utah the whole time) called Shooters, that they were going to have the channel and asked me to save him two seats for him and his uncle. I got lost on the way there and Junkie beat me to Shooters and texted me saying that he didn't think we could ever be friends. I was heart broken and still don't know who won the game.

I welcome any and all interpretations. All of these dreams are about people I have never met in real life from the boards. Hopefully one day CUF will be part of my reality and not just my dreams.
    Get confident, stupid
    -landpoke

I would comment but you are dead to me and I dont think we can ever be friends. How dare you show up late for our date.
    *Banned*

Comment

Originally posted by cougjunkie View Post
      I would comment but you are dead to me and I dont think we can ever be friends. How dare you show up late for our date.
      You have no idea how lost I was, I was driving through parts of SLC I never even knew existed. Crazy one way streets, it was insanity!
      Get confident, stupid
      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by HuskyFreeNorthwest View Post
        So I have been having a lot of dreams about CUF over the last couple of weeks (not THAT kind!), I am sure due to my inablity to be on here much.

It started about a 2 weeks ago when I dreamt that SU and I had to build a shed for a lawn mower. We opted to paint it a nice beige with red brown trim, it turned out very well giving someone a place to park their nice Kubota riding mower in it while not in use. There was not a lot of dialogue in this dream, just kind of random talking that would happen on a job site like "pass the socket set please."

Then about a week ago I dreamt that Jeff Lebowski and I were going to an archery tournament. It was like the world championships or national championships and they were divided by weight classes, and instead of shooting at traditional archery targets they would shoot at a dummy strapped to a bicycle that would ride back and forth down the field. The whole time during the dream Lebowski kept talking about how great our seats were, and how did we ever get such great seats.

Last night BYU was playing Notre Dame in the Holiday Bowl and the only problem was that I didn't go and it was on a secret TV station that only a select few knew. I started texting Junkie and he told me to go to a sports bar at the Gateway place in SLC (I guess I was in Utah the whole time) called Shooters, that they were going to have the channel and asked me to save him two seats for him and his uncle. I got lost on the way there and Junkie beat me to Shooters and texted me saying that he didn't think we could ever be friends. I was heart broken and still don't know who won the game.

I welcome any and all interpretations. All of these dreams are about people I have never met in real life from the boards. Hopefully one day CUF will be part of my reality and not just my dreams.
        You have no idea how refreshing it is to not being in another CUFers dreams...it is rather tiring to hear from DDD and YOhio all the time about what happened in their dreams. A bit disturbing as well. I am not even going to talk about Goat's recent email about me in one of his dreams. Sheesh.

Comment

Originally posted by UteStar View Post
          You have no idea how refreshing it is to not being in another CUFers dreams...
          For the first time in a long while I dreams of CUFfers last night, but still sadly not about UteStar.

Last night nikuman and I were going clothes shopping, very specifically we were going to Nordstrom. We met at a stake center building where we borrowed some lady from niku's wards car. It was an early 90s Toyota Camry that was a stick shift. nik was so impressed that I knew how to operate a stick shift that for the entire drive to Nordys he kept commenting on how amazing it was that I could drive a stick, and what I took as somewhat condescending comments like "that shift from 1st to 2nd was so smooth!".

When we got to the store I told niku that what I really liked to wear were shirts with hidden plackets. (This is my preference in real life not just dreamland with CUFfers.) When I told him this he was appalled, he said that was the worst fashion sin that anyone could ever commit, he was visibly angry at me for not being able to understand that fact. One of the reasons I probably remember the dream is that he next said to me "you wanting to wear that is as unimpressive as your ability to drive a stick flawlessly was impressive." All that time his comments about my smooth shifting were not condescending but sincere.

I awoke as while niku was frantically calling someone that he was sure would help convince me of my awful ways in shirt preferences. Sadly I'll never know who it was that he was calling.
          Get confident, stupid
          -landpoke

Comment

I had CUF dreams when I was pregnant. I am pretty sure I named my child Solon in one of the dreams.
            What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
            -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

He was calling donut
              Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

For the first time in a long while I dreams of CUFfers last night, but still sadly not about UteStar.

Last night nikuman and I were going clothes shopping, very specifically we were going to Nordstrom. We met at a stake center building where we borrowed some lady from niku's wards car. It was an early 90s Toyota Camry that was a stick shift. nik was so impressed that I knew how to operate a stick shift that for the entire drive to Nordys he kept commenting on how amazing it was that I could drive a stick, and what I took as somewhat condescending comments like "that shift from 1st to 2nd was so smooth!".

When we got to the store I told niku that what I really liked to wear were shirts with hidden plackets. (This is my preference in real life not just dreamland with CUFfers.) When I told him this he was appalled, he said that was the worst fashion sin that anyone could ever commit, he was visibly angry at me for not being able to understand that fact. One of the reasons I probably remember the dream is that he next said to me "you wanting to wear that is as unimpressive as your ability to drive a stick flawlessly was impressive." All that time his comments about my smooth shifting were not condescending but sincere.

I awoke as while niku was frantically calling someone that he was sure would help convince me of my awful ways in shirt preferences. Sadly I'll never know who it was that he was calling.
                Wow. I had no idea I was such a fashion snob. Driving a stick is impressive these days though.
                Awesomeness now has a name. Let me introduce myself.

Comment

So you and niku go clothes shopping at Nordstroms and you are impressed by his smooth stick shifting all while he talks about you committing fashion sin....yeah, the theme of this dream is quite apparent.
                  "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

Originally posted by marsupial View Post
                    I had CUF dreams when I was pregnant. I am pretty sure I named my child Solon in one of the dreams.
                    "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                    "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                    "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                      So you and niku go clothes shopping at Nordstroms and you are impressed by his smooth stick shifting all while he talks about you committing fashion sin....yeah, the theme of this dream is quite apparent.
                      I know two pretty sophisticated guys hanging out.
                      Get confident, stupid
                      -landpoke

Comment

Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                        So you and niku go clothes shopping at Nordstroms ...
                        "I'm anti, can't no government handle a commando / Your man don't want it, Trump's a bitch! I'll make his whole brand go under,"

Comment

Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                          Don't worry, he didn't come out looking like Solon. He's all danimal.
                          What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
                          -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

I had a pretty strange dream last night. BYU was playing Miami. It was a rematch from the drubbing they got in 1990, and was being played in Paris. Somehow I was able to arrange a military troop transport plane from the Air Force to move us all over there so we could make it a CS event. Moliere made all the travel plans, and acted as our tour guide.

Before flying, we had to stack all our baggage on an aluminum air force pallet, which was then held in place by a cargo net. PAC had a ton of baggage, and took up half the pallet by himself. I was giving him crap about it because i had a single back-pack. I felt really stupid later, because he had packed gifts for the displaced orphans that lived in the attic of Notre Dame.

Niku was late, and made it to the plane in the nick of time. He was riding a bike and was able to catch up to the slow moving C130 easily, and rode right up the back ramp just before it took off.

OG was ticked when he found out there was no first class, and even more ticked-off when he said he had to pee and I pointed to a bucket and a curtain. He gave me some sort of Pro tip, but I can't remember what it was now.

We were hanging out on the lawn in front of the Eiffel Tower, and Swamp Frog was taking pictures of everyone. His camera had such high definition that the portrait captured the essence of your soul. It wasn't explicitly stated, but I think this had to do with our final judgement in whether we were able to get into Heaven. I think everyone was pretty happy with their pictures, except me. I asked Swamp Frog if he could do some of that voodoo magic he does in photoshop and fix my portrait. He promised to do what he could. But Triplet said, beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes strait to the bone. Speaking of Triplet, he was making fun of everyone's picture, but in a light-hearted way.

That's all I can recall about the dream.

Comment

Originally posted by Bo Diddley View Post
                              I had a pretty strange dream last night. BYU was playing Miami. It was a rematch from the drubbing they got in 1990, and was being played in Paris. Somehow I was able to arrange a military troop transport plane from the Air Force to move us all over there so we could make it a CS event. Moliere made all the travel plans, and acted as our tour guide.

Before flying, we had to stack all our baggage on an aluminum air force pallet, which was then held in place by a cargo net. PAC had a ton of baggage, and took up half the pallet by himself. I was giving him crap about it because i had a single back-pack. I felt really stupid later, because he had packed gifts for the displaced orphans that lived in the attic of Notre Dame.

Niku was late, and made it to the plane in the nick of time. He was riding a bike and was able to catch up to the slow moving C130 easily, and rode right up the back ramp just before it took off.

OG was ticked when he found out there was no first class, and even more ticked-off when he said he had to pee and I pointed to a bucket and a curtain. He gave me some sort of Pro tip, but I can't remember what it was now.

We were hanging out on the lawn in front of the Eiffel Tower, and Swamp Frog was taking pictures of everyone. His camera had such high definition that the portrait captured the essence of your soul. It wasn't explicitly stated, but I think this had to do with our final judgement in whether we were able to get into Heaven. I think everyone was pretty happy with their pictures, except me. I asked Swamp Frog if he could do some of that voodoo magic he does in photoshop and fix my portrait. He promised to do what he could. But Triplet said, beauty is skin deep, but ugly goes strait to the bone. Speaking of Triplet, he was making fun of everyone's picture, but in a light-hearted way.

That's all I can recall about the dream.
                              Given the ability of said camera, I'm happy with which side of it I was on.

There's got to be deeper meaning in all of that...

It's too bad the important question went unanswered, who won?

Comment

Working...
                              X