What's right with California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's right with California?

Weather, nature, outdoors, some model cities.

What's wrong? Traffic, taxes, politics, lousy government and too many people.
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• About time a state takes a stand against these greenhouse gas producing monsters!

California regulates cow farts

California is taking its fight against global warming to the farm.

The nation's leading agricultural state is now targeting greenhouse gases produced by dairy cows and other livestock.

Despite strong opposition from farmers, Gov. Jerry Brown signed legislation in September that for the first time regulates heat-trapping gases from livestock operations and landfills.

Cattle and other farm animals are major sources of methane, a greenhouse gas many times more potent than carbon dioxide as a heat-trapping gas. Methane is released when they belch, pass gas and make manure.

"If we can reduce emissions of methane, we can really help to slow global warming," said Ryan McCarthy, a science adviser for the California Air Resources Board, which is drawing up rules to implement the new law.

Livestock are responsible for 14.5 percent of human-induced greenhouse gas emissions, with beef and dairy production accounting for the bulk of it, according to a 2013 United Nations report.
      [...]
      http://www.fox5ny.com/news/220448846-story
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
        About time a state takes a stand against these greenhouse gas producing monsters!

http://www.fox5ny.com/news/220448846-story
        Incredible.

California doesn't want industry, farms, ranches, or anything successful.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
          Incredible.

California doesn't want industry, farms, ranches, or anything successful.
          It's true! And yet despite our best efforts to destroy things, we're stuck with the sixth largest economy in the world, having recently surpassed France and India. Hopefully by requiring cattle feed to include Bean-O we can reverse our economic fortunes.

Comment

• Originally posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
            It's true! And yet despite our best efforts to destroy things, we're stuck with the sixth largest economy in the world, having recently surpassed France and India. Hopefully by requiring cattle feed to include Bean-O we can reverse our economic fortunes.
            I wonder how California's economy defies gravity and common sense. Your weather is fantastic with fantastic venues but nothing else. 13.3% for a top marginal state income tax rate. How much does San Francisco surcharge its residents?

Comment

• Your weather is fantastic with fantastic venues but nothing else.
              lol stfu
              Te Occidere Possunt Sed Te Edere Non Possunt Nefas Est.

Comment

• I was on a long drive last week and flipping radio stations when I happened across someone talking about the petition for Cali to leave our wonderful union.

To be honest, I don't even remember who it was. I just remember one comment he made, which made me chuckle.

Basically, he asked - do all of the over-reacting liberals who want Cali to exit the USA realize that if they get their wish, the USA may never elect another Democrat for president? They would be leaving the world's greatest power in the hands of Republicans for the foreseeable future. Doesn't that scare them more than having Trump as president for 4 years?

Ha!

Comment

• California is considering becoming a Sanctuary State:

http://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2017/...ide-sanctuary/

Illegal immigrates would have a place to go. Also, if Trump follows through with his promise to defund the sanctuaries then the federal government would save over $300 billion!

Thanks California!
                  "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
                  GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

California is considering becoming a Sanctuary State:

Illegal immigrates would have a place to go. Also, if Trump follows through with his promise to defund the sanctuaries then the federal government would save over $300 billion!

Thanks California!
                    When they quote that figure do they allocate Defense spending?

To be fair, is there a figure on how much Californians pay in income tax?

Comment

California is considering becoming a Sanctuary State:

Thanks California!
                      So, no change from past or current practices I see.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                        When they quote that figure do they allocate Defense spending?

To be fair, is there a figure on how much Californians pay in income tax?
                        I don't know what Californians pay in Federal income taxes but on the receiving end:

The states that receive the most money from the federal government each year are, generally, the most populous ones. In 2010, eight of the 10 states with the highest population received the most. California, the most populous state in the country, receives the largest share — more than a third of a trillion dollars.
                        http://247wallst.com/special-report/...federal-money/

That was 2012 figures so maybe it is more now.
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
                          So, no change from past or current practices I see.
                          Yeah... I guess they just want to make it official.
                          GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Yeah... I guess they just want to make it official.
                            Sadly this would cost us a lot more money. We would have to buiild a wall along the California border.

Comment

• Originally posted by byu71 View Post
                              Sadly this would cost us a lot more money. We would have to buiild a wall along the California border.
                              Maybe we could get the Californians to pay for it.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Very nice of California to give them drivers licenses...

GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

Working...
                                X