No announcement yet.

What's right with California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going out to run in January and needing to add only a sweatshirt to your regular gear. Most days, anyway, and only if you go out very early.
    “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
    ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."
    -- Robert Bolt, A Man for All Seasons

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."
    --Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Comment

The Hollywood Bowl.
      “There is a great deal of difference in believing something still, and believing it again.”
      ― W.H. Auden

"God made the angels to show His splendour - as He made animals for innocence and plants for their simplicity. But men and women He made to serve Him wittily, in the tangle of their minds."

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye."

Comment

An ethnically diverse LDS Church, which is accepted as routine by all.
        ― W.H. Auden

Comment

BigPiney
          BlueGoose
          Creekster
          SteelBlue
          RobinFinderson
          OrangeUte
          SoccerMom
          The Tick
          Tick's Wife
          PAC
          LAUte

I may be missing a few.
          What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
          -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

Originally posted by LA Ute View Post
            The Hollywood Bowl.
            My wife and I were just talking about the Bowl this week. We really miss that. Summertime meant getting food and heading to the bowl to eat while listening to the symphony or watching fireworks or whatever. One of my favorite summer activities, by far.
            Fitter. Happier. More Productive.

sigpic

Comment

My formative years were spent in Jamestown, CA.
              What's to explain? It's a bunch of people, most of whom you've never met, who are just as likely to be homicidal maniacs as they are to be normal everyday people, with whom you share the minutiae of your everyday life. It's totally normal, and everyone would understand.
              -Teenage Dirtbag

Comment

The 49ers.
                Part of it is based on academic grounds. Among major conferences, the Pac-10 is the best academically, largely because of Stanford, Cal and UCLA. “Colorado is on a par with Oregon,” he said. “Utah isn’t even in the picture.”

Comment

I really like the restaurants in San Francisco. In fact, I really like almost everything about San Francisco except for how cold it can be when the wind comes off the bay.

Comment

Camp Pendleton has great memories for me.

Awesome location, outstanding people, the honor and pride that come as a result of hard work.

[YOUTUBE]qmHIYoqcEzA[/YOUTUBE]
                    "We should remember that one man is much the same as another, and that he is best who is trained in the severest school."
                    -Thucydides

"Study strategy over the years and achieve the spirit of the warrior. Today is victory over yourself of yesterday; tomorrow is your victory over lesser men."
                    -Miyamoto Musashi

Si vis pacem, para bellum

Comment

Originally posted by TripletDaddy View Post
                      My wife and I were just talking about the Bowl this week. We really miss that. Summertime meant getting food and heading to the bowl to eat while listening to the symphony or watching fireworks or whatever. One of my favorite summer activities, by far.
                      True.
                      ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Yosemite.

Mount Whitney.

Monterey.

Worldwide business opportunity.
                        ― W.H. Auden

Comment

Overpriced-but-worth-it Pineapple Whips at Disneyland.

Tower of Terror.

Good Mexican food.

That's about it.
                          what I am is what I am and I does what I does.

Comment

Dodger Stadium
                            ― W.H. Auden

Comment

California is the top producer of agricultural products in the nation. It produces a wide array of commodities but, its single most valuable category is dairy products. In the livestock group, production of cattle and calves is also important to the state, as is, to a lesser degree, the value of California eggs. Broilers can be counted among the state's top livestock products but, because data are not available, it's not possible to determine where they rank among the other commodities.

Among a broad range of crop products, California's greenhouse and nursery products rank at the top of the list. Grapes, almonds, lettuce, and strawberries round out the top five most valuable California crops.
                              http://www.stuffaboutstates.com/cali...griculture.htm

California supports a large and diverse economy with the highest economic production among the states. If California were a country, it would rank around tenth in the value of goods and services produced.
                              http://www.netstate.com/economy/ca_economy.htm
                              Last edited by LA Ute; 06-23-2012, 06:01 PM.
                              ― W.H. Auden

Comment

a couple that haven't been mentioned ...

The Redwoods

San Diego

Comment

Working...
                                X