What's right with California?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Uncle Ted View Post
    Great... Y'all need to fix those damn roads. It is pure hell driving on those when I have to come and visit!
    Why in hell would you visit California when you have Texas?
    "Guitar groups are on their way out, Mr Epstein."

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
      Why in hell would you visit California when you have Texas?
      Work... My employer is in California but I get to enjoy living in Texas. I am all for California raising all their taxes to create a better experience for me when I do have to visit.
      "If there is one thing I am, it's always right." -Ted Nugent.
      "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
      "Yet I still see wisdom in that which Uncle Ted posts." -creek.
      GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

If I were you all I would look into getting one of those hydrogen-fueled cars. Apparently they have filling stations in the valley, the state gives $5,000 tax credits on them, and you could just brew that stuff in your backyard. Not to mention that stuff is fun to put into balloons and to set on fire...

Oh, the humanity!
        PLesa excuse the tpyos.

Comment

• "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
          "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
          "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

Work... My employer is in California but I get to enjoy living in Texas. I am all for California raising all their taxes to create a better experience for me when I do have to visit.
            I would vote for California to double, triple or quadruple its taxes on everything. I think it's wonderful Californians pay exorbitant taxes. Keep at boys and girls. I feel for you that you have a California employer. That truly sucks.

Upon rejecting the Beatles, Dick Rowe told Brian Epstein of the January 1, 1962 audition for Decca, which signed Brian Poole and the Tremeloes instead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Topper View Post
              I would vote for California to double, triple or quadruple its taxes on everything. I think it's wonderful Californians pay exorbitant taxes. Keep at boys and girls. I feel for you that you have a California employer. That truly sucks.
              It's not so bad... I get paid California wages but pay Texas state income taxes.

I just wish that California would hurry up and get single payer health insurance going. There are lots of sick folks that need a place to go and Canada won't take them.
              "I honestly believe saying someone is a smart lawyer is damning with faint praise. The smartest people become engineers and scientists." -SU.
              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

It's not so bad... I get paid California wages but pay Texas state income taxes.

I just wish that California would hurry up and get single payer health insurance going. There are lots of sick folks that need a place to go and Canada won't take them.
                If we could get California and Vermont to have single payer systems, that is a wonderful idea. I see your point, getting paid California wages but California may find a way to ultimately stick it to employers who employ out of state employees.

Comment

• heh...you guys are funny.
                  Dyslexics are teople poo...

Comment

• Illegals in California with Driver's Licenses Eligible to Vote After April 1

Starting on April 1, 2018, illegal aliens in California who have recently obtained state driver's licenses legally, or obtained them previously by lying about their immigration status, will automatically be registered to vote. Since January 2015, according to the California DMV, A.B. 60, a law passed by the California Assembly, "allows illegal immigrants to the United States to apply for a California driver's license with the CA Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV)" [emphasis original]. As of December 2016, more than 800,000 California driver's licenses were issued to illegal aliens under the A.B. 60 law. Additional thousands of illegals may have been granted licenses prior to 2015 because they lied on their driver's license application forms and claimed they were in the country legally. (No proof of legal residence has been required by the California DMV in recent years.)
                    [...]
                    http://www.americanthinker.com/artic...r_april_1.html

God bless California... Illegal immigrates now have a sanctuary where they go and they may now even get to vote!
                    GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• I have a California employer. The pays not at California levels, but heaven help you if you want to fire a poorly performing employee.

Comment

• California dems are finally kicking Feinstein off the bus... no room for moderates!

California Democrats Decline To Endorse Another Term For Sen. Dianne Feinstein

Before U.S. Sen. Dianne Feinstein could finish her speech at the California Democratic Party convention Saturday, the music began playing to indicate she had used her allotted time.

She kept talking. The music got louder. "I guess my time is up," Feinstein conceded as what sounded like a 1940s movie score continued playing.

Without missing a beat, supporters of her opponent, state Sen. Kevin de León echoed her statement in a chant: "Your time is up! Your time is up!" — a not-so-subtle reference to Feinstein's 25 years in the U.S. Senate.
                        [...]
                        https://www.npr.org/2018/02/25/58866...anne-feinstein

GwYsa0c8ssKg3QkSf9KiJFqJat_3yhembRG6mBiP6Z4.jpg
                        GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

California dems are finally kicking Feinstein off the bus... no room for moderates!

https://www.npr.org/2018/02/25/58866...anne-feinstein

[ATTACH]8623[/ATTACH]
                          That’s funny and sad. Funny that it’s happening to the Dems. Sad that they are basically doing the same thing as the repubs, which is moving away from the center.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
                          "Discipleship is not a spectator sport. We cannot expect to experience the blessing of faith by standing inactive on the sidelines any more than we can experience the benefits of health by sitting on a sofa watching sporting events on television and giving advice to the athletes. And yet for some, “spectator discipleship” is a preferred if not primary way of worshipping." -Pres. Uchtdorf

Comment

• Originally posted by Moliere View Post
                            That’s funny and sad. Funny that it’s happening to the Dems. Sad that they are basically doing the same thing as the repubs, which is moving away from the center.
                            Whoa. Hang on. Wait a minute!

They are dumping her because she is too moderate?
                            "There is no creature more arrogant than a self-righteous libertarian on the web, am I right? Those folks are just intolerable."
                            "It's no secret that the great American pastime is no longer baseball. Now it's sanctimony." -- Guy Periwinkle, The Nix.
                            "Juilliardk N I ibuprofen Hyu I U unhurt u" - creekster

Comment

• Originally posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
                              Whoa. Hang on. Wait a minute!

They are dumping her because she is too moderate?
                              Are you kidding me?... Feinstein looks alt-right by California standards.

I am hoping they will get Jennifer Lawrence, who has announced she is going to take some time off to "fix our democracy", to run for her seat. She is a middle school dropout but claims to be 'self educated'. She seems like the prefect candidate for the Cali dems and would represent the millennials there well.
                              GIVE 'EM HELL, BRIGHAM!

Comment

• Legalized recreational marijuana is something that is right about California.
                                As I lead this army, make room for mistakes and depression
                                --Kendrick Lamar

Comment

Working...
                                X